PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation wanted

Superbad
04-21-2010, 07:33 PM
So a bunch (15 or so) of years ago, I was in Belize city and picked up a bunch of Cohiba Lanceros at the Habanos dealer there. I was there for a fishing trip out on the Turneffe Atoll, and wanted to grab some cigars to enjoy over the week. Another guy from the group went with me, and we basically split the box. These were incredibly tasty cigars and I wish I still had some. Can anyone recommend something in a similar vein, NC please. I hope they end this dumb embargo soon.

neoflex
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
As most will probably chime in you will be hard pressed to find a NC that tastes like a Cuban. Kind of Apples to Oranges. If you are looking for tasty Lanceros I would recommend LFD, El Triunfador, Oliva Serie V, Pepin Blue and the Illusion Holy Lance.

forgop
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Strange coincidence that I had one of these fine cigars myself today.

Superbad
04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I know I will not get the same experience, but I do appreciate the advice. I will look to pick up some this weekend, assuming the local shop has any of the mentioned choices.

kqueen
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I am a big fan of the cubao lancero, not like a cuban cohiba, but delicious all the same.

RightAJ
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
As most will probably chime in you will be hard pressed to find a NC that tastes like a Cuban. Kind of Apples to Oranges. If you are looking for tasty Lanceros I would recommend LFD, El Triunfador, Oliva Serie V, Pepin Blue and the Illusion Holy Lance.

The original El Truinfadors are freakin awesome! The others are good as well. Still yet to have a CC lancero, but the size is really growing on me lately :banger

aj

SouthernSmoke
04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I feel the same. I've been on a lancero kick lately and have been enjoying the Oliva V's. Tonight I have a Cubao's lancero I plan on trying.

tomc3084
04-22-2010, 11:11 AM
oliva v are mighty tasty....my father lanceros failed to meet my expectations. It's a good smoke, just very one dimensional, which I am not a very big fan of

ashtonlady
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
I agree on the El Truinfadors.

tsolomon
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Illusione hl, Oliva V, Tatuaje Especial are my go to NC lanceros.

Superbad
04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Today I picked up some El Triunfador, Oliva V lanceros and some shorter tatuaje cigars of the same ring gauge. I just lit one of the triunfadors and will be enjoying it this evening. Thanks for the suggestions.