PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Resipsa
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Come on. You know you are going to watch it tomorrow night.....:banger

Who's your team, and what they gonna do?

Come on baby, Daddy needs a new pair of shoes............well, some teams need new shoes, pants, jocks, underwear, shirts, eyeglasses........:r

St. Lou Stu
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Man, I dunno.... Denver needs a QB in a bad way.
I mean a real QB, not their present excuses for a QB.

Only problem is, a drafted rookie QB isn't worth his weight in gnat feces.
Hopefully they can make some pick trades and come up with a winner.

The Poet
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Vic, I was just about to post that I pay no attention to it because, unlike the NBA draft, it is seldom that an NFL draft actually has any immediate effect upon a team. Although it's not as meaningless as the MLB draft, it always seems to take a few years before there's any real impact by any player selected.

Then I happened to look to the north, where the Jets have their training facility about a mile from me, and remembered that Mark Sanchez was in town drinking coffee and signing autographs last week. And look at what that pack of perennial losers almost pulled of last year, with only one major change to the squad. So you tell me . . . who's a game-changer coming out this year?

St. Lou Stu
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Vic, I was just about to post that I pay no attention to it because, unlike the NBA draft, it is seldom that an NFL draft actually has any immediate effect upon a team. Although it's not as meaningless as the MLB draft, it always seems to take a few years before there's any real impact by any player selected.

Then I happened to look to the north, where the Jets have their training facility about a mile from me, and remembered that Mark Sanchez was in town drinking coffee and signing autographs last week. And look at what that pack of perennial losers almost pulled of last year, with only one major change to the squad. So you tell me . . . who's a game-changer coming out this year?

The only one that has a chance IMHO is that boy from Oklahoma..... whatshisface.:D

GreekGodX
04-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Lions look like they finally have something going for them :) Hopefully we can get Suh

jledou
04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Hadn't really thought about it much yet but it looks like the Raiders are looking for O-Line, I would still say that they could use something else too but hey if anything is a given Uncle Al is definitely not going to what everyone else thinks he should do.

Look for another unheard of corner back or wide receiver?

tx_tuff
04-21-2010, 03:17 PM

Are you serious? There are many players every year that make impact as rookies!

tx_tuff
04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Hadn't really thought about it much yet but it looks like the Raiders are looking for O-Line, I would still say that they could use something else too but hey if anything is a given Uncle Al is definitely not going to what everyone else thinks he should do.

Look for another unheard of corner back or wide receiver?

I feel for Raider fans! I see all the mock drafts with them taking a OL and I think do these guys really know Al Davis LOL.

tx_tuff
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm a Texans fan and I'm hoping that either RD Matthews or CB McCourtny will be there for them to pick up. I really want them to get Matthews!

NeverEnoughStick
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Any feelings on how this Roethelisberger situation is going to affect the draft?

E.J.
04-21-2010, 03:25 PM
"...with the 11th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos take Dez Bryant, wide reciever, Oklahoma State University....."

Commander Quan
04-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Any feelings on how this Roethelisberger situation is going to affect the draft?

Everyone drafted will have to give a DNA sample.

:r

The Poet
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Are you serious? There are many players every year that make impact as rookies!

Hang around here long enough, and you'll learn - I'm NEVER serious. :D

NeverEnoughStick
04-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Everyone drafted will have to give a DNA sample.

:r

Sad but true! :r

forgop
04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Man, I dunno.... Denver needs a QB in a bad way.
I mean a real QB, not their present excuses for a QB.

Only problem is, a drafted rookie QB isn't worth his weight in gnat feces.
Hopefully they can make some pick trades and come up with a winner.

Orton is decent-he just needs a WR now and they need some help on defense.

NeverEnoughStick
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I hope the 'Skins strengthen up the O-line. Protect the aging McNabb and provide protection for our RB's

PeteSB75
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I hope the 'Skins strengthen up the O-line. Protect the aging McNabb and provide protection for our RB's

Who you kidding? The danny will waste another first round pick on yet another qb. Because that's really what we need...

MiamiE
04-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Dolphins are going to trade down.

Resipsa
04-22-2010, 07:00 AM
tick tock.....who's on the clock?

NeverEnoughStick
04-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Who you kidding? The danny will waste another first round pick on yet another qb. Because that's really what we need...

I agree but what are our options? We pick 4th and the only two I think are going to make it in the NFL are Bradford whos going either 1st or 2nd and Tebow.

I think we can hold out for atleast another year. Because if we draft a QB who do we have to protect them? We would be better off strengthening the O-line then getting a QB next year or something.

OLS
04-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Who's your team, and what they gonna do?
Hahaha, well, after 4 decades+ of picking in the top ten, I am afraid MY team is picking
DEAD LAST, YAHOOOOoooo!
So I don't expect we'll make for much news headlines, but you know what? I am still entirely satisfied
with how my Saints did last year. I couldn't be prouder. I am not sure any other team that has won
the championship feels like I do and did after it happened. It's only a football game after all. But that
mountain was HIGH for the first team Tampa Bay ever beat. That said, I'd like to see some good
defensive interior linemen be available, some O line, maybe a late round RB and a good solid linebacker
to replace Scott Fujita.

OLS
04-22-2010, 07:26 AM
I see the Raiders trading their what, #4 pick?, to Pittsburgh for that rat$}{I+ Roethlisberger.
Maybe Denver should beat em to it?
I see Tebow coming to the Saints in the first round, and playing Fullback. :D

MikeyC
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Hahaha, well, after 4 decades+ of picking in the top ten, I am afraid MY team is picking
DEAD LAST, YAHOOOOoooo!
So I don't expect we'll make for much news headlines, but you know what? I am still entirely satisfied
with how my Saints did last year. I couldn't be prouder. I am not sure any other team that has won
the championship feels like I do and did after it happened. It's only a football game after all. But that
mountain was HIGH for the first team Tampa Bay ever beat. That said, I'd like to see some good
defensive interior linemen be available, some O line, maybe a late round RB and a good solid linebacker
to replace Scott Fujita.

:tpd:

But I will say that the Patriots come in second in terms of tough roads to a Championship. The Pats were the doormat of the league (like the Saints) for over 40 years. They rarely fielded a team which could be considered competitive. The one reason I give the Saints the edge is because the Pats were in the big game twice before they actually won it. Both times they were unexpected participants in the game and both times they got pretty solidly trounced each time they set Superbowl records (and not in a good way).

One thing that's really different this year about the draft is the high volume of pre-draft trades. Now that there's no salary cap to worry about trades are much easier to arrange. All these trades has really re-shaped the needs of many teams and will certainly affect the order in which players fall and the value of every pick in the draft.

My one wish for my team this year is that they actually USE their 1st round pick. I hate when the Pats trade out of the 1st round. The team could REALLY use some impact players on defense especially.

King James
04-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Orton is decent-he just needs a WR now and they need some help on defense.

Orton blows (sorry, personal bias against him haha) Denver did pick up Brady Quinn, see if maybe he would be a better fit over there then cleveland. I certainly would start him over Kyle Orton

jledou
04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I see the Raiders trading their what, #4 pick?, to Pittsburgh for that rat$}{I+ Roethlisberger.
Maybe Denver should beat em to it?
I see Tebow coming to the Saints in the first round, and playing Fullback. :D

Ummm yeah the Raiders said they weren't interested this morning ... I guess since he wasn't found guilty he couldn't cut it as a Raider .... :tu

OLS
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
My one wish for my team this year is that they actually USE their 1st round pick. I hate when the Pats trade out of the 1st round. The team could REALLY use some impact players on defense especially. I think you kind of set it up for success this year, in that the Pats had a knack of making
cast off players work out to fit their scheme, and they could achieve a lot more with less,
at least to a greater degree than most teams in the league. All this "junk" would go to
Foxboro and end up looking like Gold.
This year they looked oddly beaten.
I think that will lead them to use that pick, lol.

OLS
04-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I guess since he wasn't found guilty he couldn't cut it as a Raider .... :tuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...hehe.

OLS
04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought the Bears Broncos trade was just $hit being traded for $hit.
You send your crap over here and we'll send out crap over there, and we'll find out if it's just the altitude.

forgop
04-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Orton blows (sorry, personal bias against him haha) Denver did pick up Brady Quinn, see if maybe he would be a better fit over there then cleveland. I certainly would start him over Kyle Orton

Right-Brady Quinn, a former first round draft pick that led his team to a 5-11 record with the 32nd ranked passing offense in the NFL.

Orton is far from a top 10 QB, but he's not in the bottom 10 either.

E.J.
04-22-2010, 04:46 PM
As a Broncos fan, I am not worried about the QB situation.... I do have concerns about who their potential QB's are going to throw to though.....

The Broncos have MANY, MANY needs, but QB is not one of them.....

forgop
04-22-2010, 05:10 PM
As a Broncos fan, I am not worried about the QB situation.... I do have concerns about who their potential QB's are going to throw to though.....

The Broncos have MANY, MANY needs, but QB is not one of them.....

You can make many other improvements that would be much more significant upgrades than what the Broncos could get ahead of Orton. I think Quinn was brought in to compete for the starting job, but given how bad Simms was, he was primarily brought in to hold a clipboard.

St. Lou Stu
04-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Broncos musta thought different, as did I.

Yay Tebow!!!! I hope that works out!

forgop
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Broncos musta thought different, as did I.

Yay Tebow!!!! I hope that works out!

Tebow? He's already reached his ceiling. Excellent college player, but virtually every facet of his game translates to mediocre at the NFL. Dumb move IMO.

jmsremax
04-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Tebow? He's already reached his ceiling. Excellent college player, but virtually every facet of his game translates to mediocre at the NFL. Dumb move IMO.

Expect him to run their wild cat-type offense. I am shocked he went 1st round.

kelmac07
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
My Bills need a QB and what do they draft??? A RB...nothing wrong at all with CJ SPiller, but Clausen would have been a perfect fit. Oh well...another cold season in Buffalo. :td :td

forgop
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM

I personally don't see him even moving into the #2 spot ahead of Quinn.

MikeyC
04-22-2010, 09:19 PM

I was stunned that Tebow went in the 1st round. I'm also surprised that Denver traded for a 2nd first round pick.

I think you kind of set it up for success this year, in that the Pats had a knack of making
cast off players work out to fit their scheme, and they could achieve a lot more with less,
at least to a greater degree than most teams in the league. All this "junk" would go to
Foxboro and end up looking like Gold.
This year they looked oddly beaten.
I think that will lead them to use that pick, lol.

I think the reason the Patriots did so well with cast off players in the past was that they were running different schemes than everyone else. Now half the league is running a 3-4 defense and/or has an ex-Patriot as the GM or coach.

Well the Pats did pick in the 1st round this year. They just traded down two times first. UGH!!! No offense to the player they took (I know nothing about him) but I wish they would be a little more agressive in the draft. Now that there's no salary cap there's not really an advantage in using this strategy. I'm just tired of the Pats drafting mediocre players. We need IMPACT players.

E.J.
04-22-2010, 09:28 PM
I am a pretty positive guy as far as my teams go....and have nothing good to say about the Broncos draft....

I hope the powers that be prove me wrong....

King James
04-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Right-Brady Quinn, a former first round draft pick that led his team to a 5-11 record with the 32nd ranked passing offense in the NFL.

Orton is far from a top 10 QB, but he's not in the bottom 10 either.

lets not forget he was not the only starter for that team last season. Not that he had a standout year regardless, but I'd take him over Orton

wolfandwhisky
04-22-2010, 10:06 PM

I've been a Broncos fan for over 20 years - Orton has potential, Tebow, I'm not sure about. It reminds me of Warner/Leinart but our version of Warner just hasn't quite gotten there yet (partially due to options).

I'm optimistic because I have no choice. Go Broncos! :banger

doctorcue
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm so happy with the Raiders taking McClain @ #8. We have needed a strong ILB presence; this will provide it. Now onto Round 2!!

GreekGodX
04-23-2010, 03:10 AM
For as long as Best can stay healthy and provide the home-run threat he is, I am very happy with the Lions draft. I feel they could have gotten him in the 2nd round but who knows what was going on behind the scenes.

coastietech
04-23-2010, 06:18 AM
I'm pretty stoked about the Jets pick up of Wilson... He will make a great addition to the nickel and is a powerhouse on special teams.

I still think Cody would have made a nice pick up with Jenkins being hurt last year and all, but overall I am very impressed with the move this team has made during offseason and this draft pick is no different. On paper there isn't a team in the NFL right now with more raw talent. Hopefully that shows up on the field. :tu

Bigwaved
04-23-2010, 06:30 AM
lets not forget he was not the only starter for that team last season. Not that he had a standout year regardless, but I'd take him over Orton
He did nothing with his opportunity in Cleveland. It really seemed like he was not playing with confidence. Either the offense was very limited play calling wise or he could not progress through his options down field last year. Teams did not have to respect any routes past 8-10 yards. It was pitiful. Painful to watch. He was not a trouble maker even though his stay in Cleveland was not very rosey. I wish him well, as soon as he plays for someone else besides the Broncos...

OLS
04-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Tebow? He's already reached his ceiling. Excellent college player, but virtually every facet of his game translates to mediocre at the NFL. Dumb move IMO.I see and hear this all the time, obviously, and NO ONE on earth hates
Tebow more than me, but this statement is chock full of holes and unknowables. I think you are
forgetting a little something called GOD.
DO you think Tebow's heavenly father will let him fail? snort! I don't see that happening.

:D

OLS
04-23-2010, 06:40 AM
My Bills need a QB and what do they draft??? A RB...nothing wrong at all with CJ SPiller, but Clausen would have been a perfect fit. Oh well...another cold season in Buffalo. :td :td

This was the surprise of the night for me as well. Tebow couldn't have come close to surprising me like
the Spiller pick did.

Kreth
04-23-2010, 06:42 AM
I see and hear this all the time, obviously, and NO ONE on earth hates
Tebow more than me, but this statement is chock full of holes and unknowables. I think you are
forgetting a little something called GOD.
DO you think Tebow's heavenly father will let him fail? snort! I don't see that happening.

:D
I think Tebow will be calling out to "Dad" the first time a Ray Lewis or Jared Allen puts a hit on him as he takes a minute or so to pick a receiver. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

jmsremax
04-23-2010, 07:05 AM
I personally don't see him even moving into the #2 spot ahead of Quinn.

Depends on how he does in camp. I can't disagree with your comment but Quinn sucks.

forgop
04-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Seriously, do you have to knock a guy for being a well known Christian? It's one thing to evaluate his physical tools and ability to make it at the next level, but directing criticism or making a joke over his faith is weak IMO. In a world that lacks high character guys in professional sports and the corporate world, you'd think we'd be more happy to appreciate him on a personal level. It just shows how far we've fallen to resort to this level.

King James
04-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Seriously, do you have to knock a guy for being a well known Christian? It's one thing to evaluate his physical tools and ability to make it at the next level, but directing criticism or making a joke over his faith is weak IMO. In a world that lacks high character guys in professional sports and the corporate world, you'd think we'd be more happy to appreciate him on a personal level. It just shows how far we've fallen to resort to this level.

I had more typed out, but don't think its worth posting. So will just leave it as I agree with you

St. Lou Stu
04-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Depends on how he does in camp. I can't disagree with your comment but Quinn sucks.

I really don't see him playing this year unless Orton implodes (which could and has happened in the past).

All of the comments about him not having NFL talent are a little off base. He has talent that needs refined.
I'm not saying that he will be the second coming of Elway or anything like that, but if you look at the last 5-7 years of Denver QBs, this will be an improvement... if the coaching staff can restore some confidence into this kid and whip him into NFL shape. That isn't a huge stretch.

He needs work, but NFL coaching and training are light years ahead of what he has had to this point.
e.g. Tony Romo

Get a kid comfortable, coach him, and work with him. Do not throw him into the fire. Very few QBs comer into the NFL and thrive if thrown into the fire.

BeerAdvocate
04-23-2010, 08:47 AM

:tpd: Couldnt have said it better.
I guess players that cheat on their wife, beat their girlfriend, have 7 kids with 7 different women, shoot up the club, smoke weed, and drink and drive make better stories!

Kreth
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
I apologize, maybe I should've used the phrase "crying like a little girl." Or would that offend our Girl Scout members?
My point is that Tebow will be eaten alive with his late release and insistence on keeping it *every damn time* he runs the option.
Posted via Mobile Device

King James
04-23-2010, 09:44 AM
I would be part of the camp that thinks it would be possible to state the fact that you think Tebow will fail in the NFL without going out of your way to offend christians, girl scouts, or anyone else besides maybe Tebow himself.

Also, his new release/throwing action is much better if he can keep it.... but I still think he is not a franchise QB for the NFL

OLS
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
In a world that lacks high character guys in professional sports and the corporate world, you'd think we'd be more happy to appreciate him on a personal level. It just shows how far we've fallen to resort to this level.
That's because you relate religion with high character. So it would follow that you think people with No religious beliefs to be of low character? To me it shows how far Christianity has "fallen" in that believers continue to have a "we're right, you're wrong" mentality. How high in character do you think those Irish priests were? How high in character were Jim and Tammy? And these were people at the very top of the pile. And frankly the list goes ON AND ON. Sorry for offending you, but your argument is a little biased. People have been successfully making Tebow jokes for years and years. As for the actual sentiment, I think he is going to be fairly successful in the NFL. But religion, to me, is a highly sophisticated superstition. A money extraction device hiding behind the fear of a higher power.

And my goal is not to offend the religious. This is a free country, that I served to defend.
I welcome the fact that people can serve any god they wish, theoretically, in peace.
It binds communities together in a shared expectation of behavior and beliefs. But so does common sense and a general acceptance of right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

Mods, feel free to entirely delete this argument by me. But I was not making fun of his
religion, I was stating that I think that Tebow truly believes that his heavenly father will
intervene on his behalf.

OLS
04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
I haven't had this much crap thrown since I rejoiced when he cried on the
sidelines after Alabama showed him how real football teams accomplish their
goals.

King James
04-23-2010, 12:06 PM
I haven't had this much crap thrown since I rejoiced when he cried on the
sidelines after Alabama showed him how real football teams accomplish their
goals.

now that was funny, and your second post clarifies your argument much better. However, my post was not in reference to you being offensive so no hard feelings :tu

OLS
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
now that was funny, and your second post clarifies your argument much better. However, my post was not in reference to you being offensive so no hard feelings :tuAnd I def don't want to drag the thread down, this is not a religious thread. But I get raised hackles when the point is made in a certain way in my direction. Everyone knows I am an A-hole, we have established that long ago. But maybe now I see that raised hackles work both ways. I hate Tebow cause of the way he managed to escape countless opponents by miracles and still be part of the No.1 team. I rejoiced when his perspective was altered by the Tide.
As a NFL'er, I am part of the minority that thinks he is going to surprise alot of people.

Kreth
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
As a NFL'er, I am part of the minority that thinks he is going to surprise alot of people.
I'm tempted to ask if you want to put a 5er where your mouth (keyboard?) is, but I don't know how we could quantify something like that (too many variables)... ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

OLS
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Excellent, back to football. You are right it would be hard to really fairly judge the results.
As for the measuring stick, I would say 'look at the man'. He is a big boy and will be playing with
big boys. At least for NOW, he has no fear it would seem. There might be mechanical problems,
but at the height of the arguments, I saw Tebow make the toughest throws there are with NO trouble.
They were on the 5 and everyone is thinking jump pass or something. He might have even faked
that throw, and then RIFLED the ball out to a sideline button hook right across the goal line.
Thrown PERFECTLY where no one could get it but his guy. Alot of people say that in FLA, all you have to
do is put the ball as far downfield as you can and let someone fast run under it. It WAS true. But
when Tebow has a throw to make, he usually makes it. And I hate him. People say wildcat this
and wildcat that, and they are right as far as it goes. But there are teams RIGHT NOW who could have
plenty of success with him, even under center. Granted, they would need a good O line to make it work
for a 16 game season, but if Tebow is the best you have, and in Denver, he might BE, I think they can
make it happen. And to be honest, EVERYBODY showed a little wildcat last year.

BeerAdvocate
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Why cant people just say "Tebow will not make a good NFL QB" (I think the same) without bringing religion into it?

OLS
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Haha, and as far as CHARACTER goes, I think that Orton could use some pointers.
WAIT, which one is in Denver NOW? ANd by that I mean, wasn't Kyle Orton the one that
used to shoot everybody the bird from the bench? Maybe not.

OLS
04-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Why cant people just say "Tebow will not make a good NFL QB" (I think the same) without bringing religion into it?

I thought you made that point on page three? :) But you misunderstand me. I am saying that he COULD
be an excellent QB in the NFL and bringing religion into it. And I think it is fair to do so. FOrget what
you or anyone else thinks about my opinion of religion. TEBOW brought religion into it. I mean,
am I wrong? MANY athletes refuse to answer Tracy Wolfson's question, without first thanking God,
and then Jesus Christ, and then giving us the useless stock answer the Sports Information Director tells
them is safe to say on TV. (We had a great week of practice) I know I touched a nerve with you,
but let's be realistic, TEBOW brought religion into it. Did you catch his Superbowl commercial?
As a sports fan, I like sports during sports. Tim used his fame to make sure everybody knew who
was number one in his life. And there is nothing wrong with that. But no one at CBS Sports ever
asked him about religion.

WildBlueSooner
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Great first round....a lot of interesting things happened.

1) 3 of the first 4 picks from Oklahoma...incredible. Makes you wonder what would have happened had they not had half the team injured.

2) Jimmy Clausen still on the board? That is a suprpise to me, but not a huge one.

3) Tim Tebow in the first round? I am not a Tebow basher, but I am not a fan. For the record I think he is going to be mediocre at best.

Lots of other interesting things to talk about, the rest should be fun to watch too.

Kreth
04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
A lot will depend on his (Tebow's) receiving corps. He seems to have improved his release, but still has a ways to go. He needs guys that can help him out, get to the open spot if everyone's blanketed.
The option can be an Achilles heel for him, too. Quite often (especially inside the 10) he seemed to just take a token read, then pull it down and run. If he tries that in the NFL, he'll get killed. DCs will just throw a delayed blitz at him every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

OLS
04-23-2010, 01:01 PM
I think you are definitely right in that maybe Urban Meyer didn't cringe everytime
he hit the line, but the Broncos are sure going to. Money, money, money.
Ouch, ouch, ouch. Then again, maybe they just use him up and let him take the hits.
But if I am not lynched in three years time, remember I said this. I hate Tim Tebow.
But he is going to be no slouch in this league. Not by a long shot.

Resipsa
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty stoked about the Jets pick up of Wilson... He will make a great addition to the nickel and is a powerhouse on special teams.

I still think Cody would have made a nice pick up with Jenkins being hurt last year and all, but overall I am very impressed with the move this team has made during offseason and this draft pick is no different. On paper there isn't a team in the NFL right now with more raw talent. Hopefully that shows up on the field. :tuLOL i have to give you props on your relentless, unyielding homerism in the face of all FACTS to tbe contrary. A 9-7 team does NOT have the most raw talent in the league but ramble on by all means,

Bottom line, the Jets have become some wierd sort of
Hybrid of the criminal laden Bengals and the Redskins, buying up every free agent they can find we've all
Seen how its worked out for those two teams,
LoL

OLS
04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
oops

Resipsa
04-23-2010, 01:08 PM
@ Bill Polian..... Jerry Hughes ??? Really?

Maybe u know something about Freeney and Mathis that i dont, but only TWO DE's can be on the field at any one time,

OLS
04-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Hybrid of the criminal laden Bengals and the Redskins, buying up every free agent they can find,
LoLAnd we'll add JUST A DASH of the Yankees for flavor.:D:D

Resipsa
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM

Because some people are trolls. If u ignore the trolls eventually they go away. LOL

Kreth
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Because some people are trolls. If u ignore the trolls eventually they go away. LOL
LOL i have to give you props on your relentless, unyielding homerism in the face of all FACTS to tbe contrary. A 9-7 team does NOT have the most raw talent in the league but ramble on by all means,
So it's cool to be a prick if you don't mention religion? :confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

Resipsa
04-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Absolutely corrrct. Any other questions?

icehog3
04-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Keep it civil, keep religion out of it, or this thread goes bye-bye...which doesn't seem fair to the OP, so please keep it to football peeps.

OLS
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Hehe, I reported MYSELF. :)

Saints seemed to do alright. They got their secondary help, I guess as a result of watching
everyone else take the linebackers they really wanted.
Personally, I like the Jets. Thir uniforms are pretty. And I like their history, too. I think they'll do fine.

coastietech
04-23-2010, 02:12 PM
LOL i have to give you props on your relentless, unyielding homerism in the face of all FACTS to tbe contrary. A 9-7 team does NOT have the most raw talent in the league but ramble on by all means,

Hybrid of the criminal laden Bengals and the Redskins, buying up every free agent they can find we've all
Seen how its worked out for those two teams,
LoL

HAHA... your lack of football knowledge astonishes me everytime you post on the subject...

Yes the Jets were 9-7 but we also made it to the AFC championship guess that doesn't count for anything. And in case you haven't seen our recent pick ups let me list them for you. Cromartie (considered one of the best CB's in football), Poole, Tomlison (will be much better behind the Jets o-line than the Chargers o-line), Jason Taylor (still considered the best pass rusher in football), Holmes (Super Bowl MVP who caught for over 1,000 yards last season)...

Cromartie, Holmes, and Edwards will be on best behavior this year because they are up for new contracts in '11.

There is a reason why most sports writers in the country are calling the Jets the team to beat next season.

Your blind hatred for the Jets makes you look ignorant when it comes to pointing out the facts.

Fact-the Jets now have the best CB tandem in football.
Fact-the Jets had the best pass defense in football last year and with the addition of Cromartie, Wilson, and Poole will only be better this year.
Fact-Sanchez now has targets in Tomilson, Washington, Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery. Don't think you won't see a 5 wide set more often this year.
Fact-the Jets still have one of the best o-lines in football.
Fact-despite having a 9-7 record the Jets still made it all the way to the AFC championship and if it wasn't for a lack of corners and injured players could have won that game.

So say what you want, but to deny the fact that right now there isn't another team in the NFL with as good a roster lineup as the Jets is ignorant at best. :tu

yourchoice
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Absolutely corrrct. Any other questions?

:tu Great answer Vic.

Jeff, from the "Rules of Cigar Asylum" Sticky:

No threads that are political or religious in nature will be allowed.

Doesn't say "posts" but, two topics generally preferred to stay away from.

OLS
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
:tu Great answer Vic.

Actually, I would prefer that answer with a smiley. One way to avoid getting shot in the old westerns was not to "smile when you say that."
Otherwise, it's just provacative, IMO.

Hey, but that's just me. A troll apparently. And CERTAINLY provacative.

I don't think respisa has a blind hatred for the Jets. Blind hatred is what I have for Florida. :)

King James
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
HAHA... your lack of football knowledge astonishes me everytime you post on the subject...

Yes the Jets were 9-7 but we also made it to the AFC championship guess that doesn't count for anything. And in case you haven't seen our recent pick ups let me list them for you. Cromartie (considered one of the best CB's in football), Poole, Tomlison (will be much better behind the Jets o-line than the Chargers o-line), Jason Taylor (still considered the best pass rusher in football), Holmes (Super Bowl MVP who caught for over 1,000 yards last season)...

Cromartie, Holmes, and Edwards will be on best behavior this year because they are up for new contracts in '11.

There is a reason why most sports writers in the country are calling the Jets the team to beat next season.

Your blind hatred for the Jets makes you look ignorant when it comes to pointing out the facts.

Fact-the Jets now have the best CB tandem in football.
Fact-the Jets had the best pass defense in football last year and with the addition of Cromartie, Wilson, and Poole will only be better this year.
Fact-Sanchez now has targets in Tomilson, Washington, Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery. Don't think you won't see a 5 wide set more often this year.
Fact-the Jets still have one of the best o-lines in football.
Fact-despite having a 9-7 record the Jets still made it all the way to the AFC championship and if it wasn't for a lack of corners and injured players could have won that game.

So say what you want, but to deny the fact that right now there isn't another team in the NFL with as good a roster lineup as the Jets is ignorant at best. :tu

I don't hate the Jets, hell I liked them for a season until Favre left, and you can ask around (ask icehog in particular) about my history with bets. Giving my history, I will still make a friendly wager with you of a 5er that the Jets don't win the super bowl. I may even be tempted to bet they won't make it back to the conference championship this year

OLS
04-23-2010, 04:09 PM
OH, the Super Bowl, haha, no way. Sorry.
But of course, the SAINTS DID go and win, so pigs HAVE flown.

God I love brisk debate.

The Poet
04-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Ah, leave my buddy Joe and his Jets alone. He really likes seeing Mark Sanchez in those tight white pants. :D

King James
04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
speaking of Sanchez, everyone earlier was calling Quinn out for having bad stats so he will never be good in Denver.... didn't Sanchez throw like 20 picks and 10 TDs?

The Poet
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
speaking of Sanchez, everyone earlier was calling Quinn out for having bad stats so he will never be good in Denver.... didn't Sanchez throw like 20 picks and 10 TDs?

Not even close . . . it was 12 TDs and 20 picks, plus 10 fumbles. :r

E.J.
04-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Good to see a couple Utes go off the board, one to my Broncos.

Miami fans are going to be pleased with Koa Misi.... You will soon have 2 former Utes starting on your defense.

icehog3
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Wow. Just wow. :r

coastietech
04-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Not even close . . . it was 12 TDs and 20 picks, plus 10 fumbles. :r

Sanchez had very similar stats his rookie year to Peyton Manning, guess they should have assumed he was gonna be garbage too right? lol

coastietech
04-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Wow. Just wow. :r

If you can name another team with a better roster right now please do. Name a team that has more play makers than the Jets right now...

King James
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Sanchez had very similar stats his rookie year to Peyton Manning, guess they should have assumed he was gonna be garbage too right? lol

Please tell me you are not really trying to draw any kind of comparison between peyton and Sanchez LOL. and I'm sure people did have doubts early on, until he started winning a lot.
And how about my bet offer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Resipsa
04-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Please tell me you are not really trying to draw any kind of comparison between peyton and Sanchez LOL. and I'm sure people did have doubts early on, until he started winning a lot.
And how about my bet offer?
Posted via Mobile Device
Wasting your breath, brother. :r

King James
04-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh, and Peyton had 26 tds and 28 picks his rookie season. I don't think I'd call that similar to 12tds and 20 picks LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

Resipsa
04-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Colts go defense with their first three picks. I can't even remember the last time I saw that happen.:banger

Although with the exception of getting bigger on the offensive line, what can they add to their offense? They may not be as talented as some other teams, but I think their offense is adequate.

King James
04-24-2010, 09:59 AM
I like the oline pick by the packers, then get defense in next few rounds. We need a better oline though, and hopefully will be improved now.
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
04-24-2010, 11:01 AM
If you can name another team with a better roster right now please do. Name a team that has more play makers than the Jets right now...

I can name several, but I watched your Jet posts last season, and I am not getting drawn into a debate that I can't possibly win in your mind. ;)

OLS
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Colts go defense with their first three picks. I can't even remember the last time I saw that happen.:banger
Can you blame em?? I can still hear the slight breeze caused by them shaking their heads over
the Super Bowl crushing they took. Speaking of that, the SAINTS grab an ACE. Chad Jones!
That boy is a FOOTBALL PLAYER! (and a good pitcher)

The Poet
04-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Can you blame em?? I can still hear the slight breeze caused by them shaking their heads over
the Super Bowl crushing they took.

That was a Drew Breeze, right? He's about 6 foot, and maybe 210, so maybe that's slight for a QB, though it ain't Flutie teeny. :r

OLS
04-24-2010, 12:07 PM
hehe, the little QB that did.
AAARRGGHH. I just realized that the Giants got Chad Jones, NOT the SIANTS,
:)
Dammit!

Neuromancer
04-24-2010, 05:39 PM
My youngest brother is a sports agent...handles football only...two of his guys got drafted...#235 and #255 (the last guy)...

OLS
04-29-2010, 08:06 AM
Now many sports-minded people are also talking up the Jets. People who have no business caring
one way or the other, i.e. people in Memphis and New Orleans. Not to inject myself in the middle
of that whole thing, or even to resuscitate it, but moves continue to be made-considered. This is
going to be a wild season in NY. And the Giants have Chad Jones. GUARANTEED impact player in
year one if they so choose. You watch.