PDA

View Full Version : Edgestar 28 question

chris66
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
What is the temp range of these things. I live in New England so most of the year I can probably get away with not turning it on, but we do get some stretches of 90*+ weather during mid july to mid august.

Also does any body have a good thread of how to prep these things and get them ready for use. With so many out there it probably would be a good idea to have one sticky'ed for us new comers

kydsid
04-20-2010, 02:05 PM
With your temps I doubt it will ever be much over 60 even on the highest setting. As for prep pretty simple wash it out and let it air out a couple days. If you are in a rush use a light baking soda and water solution. Don't forget to add some kind of humidifier.

As for a sticky there are so many threads so many people have written a simple search should serve most people. :tu

Good luck and welcome to the Asylum.

tupacboy
04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
not sure on edgestar... but on my vinotemp... its set at 67% and won't kick on unless its warmer then that...

Mugen910
04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Keep it out of sunlight and keep lit in a fairly cool part of the house. I know most people keep it in their basement as the ambient temps are more bearable. The cooling feature on those things do help but they are not perfect and cannot fight a 90* room.
Posted via Mobile Device

chris66
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Came across this from vinotemps website its a 3 door/zone cab. the price with chas's drawers would be considerably less than a unit comparable size unit from aristocrat

klipsch
04-20-2010, 05:21 PM
The EdgeStar will work fine. Not sure where you're at in RI, but you're welcome to check out my setup if you're ever around Pawtucket. I'm in a 3rd floor apartment and have already seen temps in the mid 80's without the AC running.

chris66
04-20-2010, 11:45 PM
The EdgeStar will work fine. Not sure where you're at in RI, but you're welcome to check out my setup if you're ever around Pawtucket. I'm in a 3rd floor apartment and have already seen temps in the mid 80's without the AC running.

I'm on the third as well , but the good thing is the houses are far enough apart where I get really good airflow . So I havent really seen temps above 80 in the house yet