PDA

View Full Version : Important Election Update

SIMPLIFIED
11-01-2008, 04:57 PM
I heard on the radio that because of high expected voter turnout they have decided to have Republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats vote on Wed. :ss

Starscream
11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
:r:r
Nice try. Need to be in the jokes forum. :tu

SeanGAR
11-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Sadly, I think McCain would still lose.

Starscream
11-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Sadly, I think McCain would still lose.

You may be right.:(

Tazziedevil
11-01-2008, 05:48 PM
i've already voted, absentee ballot :D

BigAl_SC
11-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Sadly, with no hope of winning, as you can see from my sig. I'll be voting Baldwin rather than the lessor of two evils.

elderboy02
11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
i've already voted, absentee ballot :D

Me too.... I hate lines!

Ace$nyper
11-01-2008, 11:57 PM
*thud*

papajohn67
11-02-2008, 01:21 AM
I worked for Goldwater in 64. Always loved politics up to the last few years. This time around I'm sick of them all. Negative politics here in Washington State has turned my stomach. You cannot turn on the television without seeing some BS ad and they are coming from both sides. The inept GOP and the Dems promising everything to everybody.

Since we have all mail in ballots I held my nose, voted and sent it in. Will be interesting to see how many of them are not counted this time around.

theonlybear4CORT
11-02-2008, 01:53 AM
its like I'm trying to pick the lesser of two evils. so i voted green party this Election:bh

webjunkie
11-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Voted early, got it out of the way. Now I'm just tired of being asked who I voted for. No one's business but my own :fl

Da Klugs
11-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Voted early, got it out of the way. Now I'm just tired of being asked who I voted for. No one's business but my own :fl

Bingo!!!

Pisses me off that in their infinite wisdom the politicos exempted them selves from the "no call" lists. We have instituted a 5 second rule. If you cant tell within 5 seconds, just hang up anyway.

Came home the other night and this guy with a clipboard is walking down my walk from the front door. Ask whats up? He says, "Just trying to get a read on who you are voting for president?" I say, "oh" and keep driving back to the garage. Fiddle around, get out, and... the freakin guy is right there and it startles/ creeps me out.

I walk into the garage and he follows me, rambling on about how its my civic duty to answer his questions, this is an historic election.. etc.

Since thus far I've only given him three words, decide a few more are in order.

Ask what he thought of the new change in our laws here putting the burden of proof on the prosecution and presumption of innocence for homeowners when they kill folks on their own property? I say this while picking up a baseball bat.

His sense of wimpy self preservation finally overcame his zeal.

Studebaker
11-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Voted early for the first time because I'll be out of town on Tuesday. Still had to stand in line for ~45 minutes but it's better than missing a vote. I too held my nose and pushed the button.....

TripleF
11-02-2008, 06:08 AM
:r :r :r Thanks for the update.

ToddziLLa
11-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Funny Sam!

Very clever of you Dave. :)

Ron1YY
11-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Bingo!!!

Ask what he thought of the new change in our laws here putting the burden of proof on the prosecution and presumption of innocence for homeowners when they kill folks on their own property? I say this while picking up a baseball bat.

:r :r

Now that is a thing of beauty!!!!!!! Mind if I use that line in the future Dave !!!!!

Linus
11-02-2008, 07:29 AM
I have a question. As a Canadian, our election process is slightly different. There is one thing that is kinda annoying me that I've seen recently in this election. They announce who voted in the advance polls? I was surprised to see those results released prior to the rest of the election as that, I would imagine, would influence the votes of those voting on November 4th. Also, I know in Canada we have a limit as to when the last poll results can be released (I think the cut off is 48 hours before the election) but they seem to be continuing full steam at this point and right up to election from what I can tell. Is this correct or is there a cut-off?

Don Fernando
11-02-2008, 08:01 AM

aaaah, come on, you can tell us ;)

I did a test on the internet and it appears that Obama's ideas come closer to my views of how the world should be then McCain's, so if I could vote, my vote would go to Obama.

icehog3
11-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Came home the other night and this guy with a clipboard is walking down my walk from the front door. Ask whats up? He says, "Just trying to get a read on who you are voting for president?"

Like the way you handled it, Dave! :r

For me, I would ask him if he was blind, and point to the sign on my lawn. ;)

elderboy02
11-02-2008, 09:08 AM

Gotta love the new Castle Doctrine :dance:

BigAl_SC
11-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Bingo!!!

Pisses me off that in their infinite wisdom the politicos exempted them selves from the "no call" lists. We have instituted a 5 second rule. If you cant tell within 5 seconds, just hang up anyway.

Just give them a "sure I'd love to answer you" Then set the phone on the counter. They will waste five minutes till they realize your not there. Love to waste their time and money.

They announce who voted in the advance polls? I was surprised to see those results released prior to the rest of the election as that, I would imagine, would influence the votes of those voting on November 4th.
I think that is the media objective. I don't believe they have actuals so what they are reporting is how many of each party has voted. They assume that you vote your party ticket. So thats why each party is trying to get their voters to vote early so the media will say they are ahead.