PDA

View Full Version : West End Cabinet Humidor

forgop
04-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Just got this beauty from Tampa Humidor. They seemed to have the lowest price online @ $399. I added 4 storage trays as well.

http://tampahumidor.com/sd4/product/west-end-humidor-5707.cfm

I should say it is a very nicely made humidor for the price. Smells great. I'm using a Cigar Oasis XL Plus inside.

I'm a bit disappointed in that it arrived slightly damaged from them as shown in the picture. I'm certain it happened from UPS, but at the same time, they didn't have each corner protected like they should have either. (see pic) I've asked for a small store credit because I'm not about to go through the hassle of shipping it back.

groogs
04-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I hope they take care of you for the damage, but otherwise it looks like a nice humi.:tu

DropTheE
04-14-2010, 10:36 PM
I know what you are going through. I bought a Lexington from them, it ended up with a "danker on the edge like that" I told them about it, they gave me 10% off my next purchase. I really don't know if my next purchase will really get me that much of a bonus if you know what I mean. Probably be awhile before purchasing another cabinet or a tower......maybe. Gotta fill this one up first. :banger
Anyway, it would have been such a pain to package it all back up and send it back..then wait for another piece to come in.
Hope that they take care of you!

forgop
04-15-2010, 06:32 AM
They had styrofoam on the smooth surfaces, but no corners that may have prevented it from happening. They probably get by with it most of the time.

I proposed a $50 credit and they accepted. It isn't that noticeable. They had this priced lower than anyone else and were fast to ship it. Despite the minor damage, I feel as though they made it a positive experience.

If anyone is looking to expand their storage, I noticed they have the same cabinet but the darker finish that is imperfect at $300. That is a very good deal.

Bubba - NJ
04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
From the looks of that damage , I think you ought to seal it up with a poly-urethane of a similar gloss . The last thing you want is that wood to start swelling up and to compound the damage . Looks nice though .

CheapHumidors
04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Nice looking stash in that humi!