PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of 24 here?

JE3146
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM
I've been a 24 addict for a few years now. Me and the wife watch it religiously every week.

Up to season 8 now and honestly even a couple days later after watching this week's episode I'm still pissed off about it. I haven't been this pissed at the writers of 24 in a very long time. I understand the why and what it's gonna bring in the final episodes, but UGHH.

Anyone else share my sentiments? :td

SouthernSmoke
04-14-2010, 02:56 PM
I haven't missed an episode since the start of the 2nd season. The first season didn't entirely hook me, but now I'm a fanatic. I get that it's the last season and all, but that was depressing to watch. I am right there with ya brother.

THIS SEASON IS KILLING ME. Nothing is going right.

cle_smoker
04-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm with you Jordan. I just kept saying, "They can't do that." This is only the second season for me, but I am completely hooked.

Scottw
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I hate it but I cannot turn that darn show off once it starts.

PeteSB75
04-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I stopped watching about halfway through last season. Started this season again, only to do the same thing. Just not holding my interest. First 5 seasons were spectacular, though.

SouthernSmoke
04-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I stopped watching about halfway through last season. Started this season again, only to do the same thing. Just not holding my interest. First 5 seasons were spectacular, though.

I kinda get the same feeling. The last few seasons have not been as epic as say, the seasons with President David Palmer. Those were awesome. And then they killed him off, too.

ughhhh

JE3146
04-14-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm with you Jordan. I just kept saying, "They can't do that." This is only the second season for me, but I am completely hooked.

It reminded me of Austin Powers... http://blog.hubspot.com/Portals/249/images//Austin-Power-Steam-Roller-resized-600.jpg

You could see it coming a mile away.... and just as ridiculous.

captain53
04-14-2010, 05:19 PM
I have watched every show since season 3 and actually bought the dvd sets for 1 & 2 to watch. But it is so common for shows to peak before coming to an end and so it went with 24, while I think the current series is better than most other shows it is certainly not up to the standard set by the last 3 seasons. As much as I have enjoyed it I guess it is time for it to end.:td:mad:

Now my plan for the ending is down the tube as I thought Jack and Rene would run off together to live happily ever after but that obviously want happen. So what happens? Is Jack going to die or just move to CA with his daughter or What???:banger

MedicCook
04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I have not watched it in a few years. They are talking about transitioning into a series of '24' movies since the tv portion of the show will be over at the end of this season.

Savvy
04-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I think my family started watching in the 4th season, and while we waited every week, we watched the first three seasons to catch up. The show is still decent, better than most of the crap on tv, but it has definitely fallen a little bit in the past couple seasons. Hopefully this one ends good, and the series ends memorably (unlike something like say The Soprano's)...

jdakine
04-14-2010, 05:50 PM
We are die hard fans of 24 ever sense the beginning. On that note, I don't watch 24 on Monday's. Since one episode is not enough, we DVR a minimum of 2 episodes and then watch 2 or maybe three at a time and fast forward though the commercials.

elderboy02
04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I love 24 :tu

MedicCook
04-14-2010, 07:42 PM
This is the best part of 24.

http://cdn.maximonline.com/uploadedCmsFiles/Slides/25_elisha_cuthbert_2968.jpg

boom
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Great show although I have missed most of this season....

JE3146
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Slightly redeeming last night, but I wasn't satisfied.

Jack needs to kill at least 3 people an hour with his bare hands to make me smile this season...

elderboy02
04-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Last night was pretty good, but come on, Jack doesn't know how to fly a helicopter :r

Xoner8
04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
I've been a 24 addict for a few years now. Me and the wife watch it religiously every week.

Up to season 8 now and honestly even a couple days later after watching this week's episode I'm still pissed off about it. I haven't been this pissed at the writers of 24 in a very long time. I understand the why and what it's gonna bring in the final episodes, but UGHH.

Anyone else share my sentiments? :td

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JE3146
04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Last night was pretty good, but come on, Jack doesn't know how to fly a helicopter :r

Jack could fly a volkswagon to the moon if he had to. He's JACK BAUER!

:r

JE3146
05-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm getting excited just thinking about this week's episode. :D

Jack Bauer alone with you know who... ohhhh yeaaa.

elderboy02
05-17-2010, 04:48 AM
I'm getting excited just thinking about this week's episode. :D

Jack Bauer alone with you know who... ohhhh yeaaa.

:D

I loved it a couple weeks ago when he finally killed the enemy (Dana Walsh)

Dana: "Jack, what do you need me to do?"
Jack: "Nothing" BANG! :gn and another BANG! for good measure

:r

captain53
05-17-2010, 05:36 AM
This is a big one tonight but I am sure they will be bigger and bigger till the end in 2 more weeks. I will certainly miss this show when it is gone but I agree that the writers have gone over the top and are out of ideas now so best it ends before crapping out.

elderboy02
05-17-2010, 06:17 AM
I thought the episode last week was great when he gutted the guy for eating the SIM card. He just cleans the blood off it and it works :r

JE3146
05-17-2010, 07:24 PM
This is a big one tonight but I am sure they will be bigger and bigger till the end in 2 more weeks. I will certainly miss this show when it is gone but I agree that the writers have gone over the top and are out of ideas now so best it ends before crapping out.

Not sure how they're gonna top body armor, assault rifles and a motorcade :r

captain53
05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Not sure how they're gonna top body armor, assault rifles and a motorcade :r

:tpd:

JE3146
05-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Innntennnse!!!!

The black mask starring through the limo window was epic.... :D

elderboy02
05-18-2010, 04:57 AM
Innntennnse!!!!

That was freaking awesome!

I also loved how they cut to the scene with the Russian guys and every one of them is dead except for the one guy. Novokovic had the poker sticking out of him :r

Charles Logan was crying like a little baby when he was face to face with Jack :r Then again, I would give Jack whatever info he wanted if he was interrogating me :r

captain53
05-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Innntennnse!!!!

Yes Sir that was quite the action hero scene there, sort of like Jack as Darth Vader!:tu

JE3146
05-18-2010, 11:27 AM
That was freaking awesome!

I also loved how they cut to the scene with the Russian guys and every one of them is dead except for the one guy. Novokovic had the poker sticking out of him :r

Charles Logan was crying like a little baby when he was face to face with Jack :r Then again, I would give Jack whatever info he wanted if he was interrogating me :r

:r the poker was awesome.

Reminded me of The Hangover.. as they were panning around the room, you were trying to figure out wtf just happened. :D

elderboy02
05-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Reminded me of The Hangover.. as they were panning around the room, you were trying to figure out wtf just happened. :D

Great comparison! :tu

JE3146
05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Anyone gonna make guesses to who the "time to finish what I started" *smirk* is aimed at?

I see two targets... one more obvious than the other.

elderboy02
05-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Anyone gonna make guesses to who the "time to finish what I started" *smirk* is aimed at?

I see two targets... one more obvious than the other.

I think he is going to snipe the Russian president. Or he could take out President Taylor.

JE3146
05-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I think he is going to snipe the Russian president. Or he could take out President Taylor.

Good point.. didn't think about the Russian President...

Figured the obvious target would be Logan.. but I guess he didn't make the call.

I doubt anything Taylor did would warrant Jack sniping her... but he will burn her to the ground with the evidence... then again Logan will go down with her (in a perfect world... but odds are he'll worm away from any involvement)

elderboy02
05-18-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't think it would be Logan. He could have killed him last night if he wanted to. Remember, the Ruskey president ordered the hit on Renee.

JE3146
05-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't think it would be Logan. He could have killed him last night if he wanted to. Remember, the Ruskey president ordered the hit on Renee.

He got more info out of Logan alive than dead.

Doesn't mean he can't finish him off later. :D

Or at least lets hope...

captain53
05-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Russian President is my best guess, it is all about getting even for Rene and he is the only one left for that.

JE3146
05-18-2010, 01:35 PM
While not directly involved with Renee, I hope that worm at CTU gets his...

elderboy02
05-18-2010, 01:36 PM
While not directly involved with Renee, I hope that worm at CTU gets his...

Pillner?

JE3146
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Pillner?

You mean Pillar?

But yea.. him... and his blonde :D

elderboy02
05-18-2010, 01:46 PM
You mean Pillar?

But yea.. him... and his blonde :D

The blonde girl is hot :D

JE3146
05-18-2010, 01:57 PM
The blonde girl is hot :D

She had a "you did not just say that to ME" look while talking to Chloe last episode... she must die now... :r

JE3146
05-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Almost go-time for us West Coasters....

JE3146
05-24-2010, 10:57 PM
F this show.... seriously.

Good riddance.

All that buildup after Renee's death and you get cold feet Jack?

Nothing like setting up a story for a movie....

And once again... Jack strolls off into the sunset..... to be hunted by a foreign government.

MarkinAZ
05-24-2010, 11:18 PM
F this show.... seriously. And once again... Jack strolls off into the sunset..... to be hunted by a foreign government.

:r:r And they left quite a bit of an opening for another season too (and maybe an excellent movie if they secure some top notch writers).

Other than that, enjoyed this alleged final season...

elderboy02
05-25-2010, 04:50 AM
I liked it.

I see them making a movie in the future.

longknocker
05-25-2010, 05:07 AM
How Else Could It Have Ended? Good Job, Writers, Loved The Show!:banger

JaKaacH
05-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Last season sucked too! All the preaching, hollywood PC/Green agenda.
Plus they hired this ignorant beeoochh
http://doesitallmatter.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jeanne-garofalo.jpg

JE3146
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I liked it.

I see them making a movie in the future.

They had a movie planned for 3+ years.

Instead they did 24 : Redemption followed by Season 7 to wipe the sour taste out of our mouths from Season 6. Mostly because of the writer's strike.

So instead they unleash this ultimately hypocritical ending to all that had been fueled in the prior 6+ hours of the show in a money grab attempt to setup a big screen appearance for Bauer fans.

Season 8 of '24' should have been labeled '26.5'.

Thank you to Fox... the wonderful network that cancels great shows on a whim and pile drives ever greater shows into the dirt until they become sour, dry and rehashed... then they take one more smack at it to make a movie out of it (See The Simpsons, Family Guy(though televised).. etc) in an attempt at more profit from the fan base.

I'll be torrenting this one. :fu2 Fox

captain53
05-26-2010, 09:55 AM
:r:r And they left quite a bit of an opening for another season too (and maybe an excellent movie if they secure some top notch writers).

Other than that, enjoyed this alleged final season...

:tpd:

MarkinAZ
05-26-2010, 12:26 PM
It appears that a "24" movie is in the works:

http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/24-24-finale-24-movie-is-it-really-happening-2010052555251 (http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/24-24-finale-24-movie-is-it-really-happening-2010052555251)

Another web site that I perused indicates they are in the second draft stage...

captain53
05-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Some episodes as well as some seasons were better than others but all-in-all it was one hell of a show.:tu:tu:tu

JE3146
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
It appears that a "24" movie is in the works:

http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/24-24-finale-24-movie-is-it-really-happening-2010052555251 (http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/24-24-finale-24-movie-is-it-really-happening-2010052555251)

Another web site that I perused indicates they are in the second draft stage...

Draft the hell out of that thing. :D

Too far fetched to believe Jack will make it out of the US and assassinate the Russian pres on Russian soil?

The most fun I've had watching this show in a long ass time was watching Jack on a rampage... let the dog off the leash and let him play!

elderboy02
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM

Too far fetched to believe Jack will make it out of the US and assassinate the Russian pres on Russian soil?

The most fun I've had watching this show in a long ass time was watching Jack on a rampage... let the dog off the leash and let him play!

I love the part where he bit of Pillner's ear :r

JaKaacH
05-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Is he going to carry a purse like he did in the first few hours of this last season..

It's a carry all....

JE3146
05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I love the part where he bit of Pillner's ear :r

I loved the part where Logan proved he's incapable of accomplishing anything.... including shooting himself in the head.

MarkinAZ
05-26-2010, 02:18 PM

Most likely a "black ops" type of CTU will be created with money siphoned off from other "black ops" corporations. Bauer will still be the omnipotent point man with Cloe et al manning the new black ops CTU unit. Of course, no one in the current US administration will know nothing about the new CTU except a couple of top level individuals. If anyone in Congress, the Senate, or Executive level was to ascertain the new CTU or any of its operations, they would be considered a rogue unit and taken out (maybe:))...

In essence, Bauer will be able to travel, secure the necessary communication and fire power needs carte blanche...

Is he going to carry a purse like he did in the first few hours of this last season..

It's a carry all....

Or a herf bag...

elderboy02
05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
I loved the part where Logan proved he's incapable of accomplishing anything.... including shooting himself in the head.

:r Agreed.

I love how he puts Chloe in a sleeper hold, but she wakes up pretty early, yet the bad guys never wake up until he is finished doing what he is doing :r

MarkinAZ
05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I love how he puts Chloe in a sleeper hold, but she wakes up pretty early, yet the bad guys never wake up until he is finished doing what he is doing :r

:r Its all in the technique Dan...

elderboy02
05-26-2010, 02:43 PM
:r Its all in the technique Dan...

Oh yeah.. I forgot. How long he holds on to you determines how long you stay out :r

JE3146
05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah.. I forgot. How long he holds on to you determines how long you stay out :r

It all depends on the button combination. ;)

Square-Circle-Square is only a 30 second sleeper

Square-Triangle-Square is a 5 minute sleper

Square-Square-Square-Square is neck breakage. :D

elderboy02
05-26-2010, 02:51 PM

:r One of the best post I have seen you make. :r

3SmokesaRound
05-26-2010, 03:04 PM

That made me laugh out loud. Personally, I thought this season was probably the best of the bunch. Loved seeing Jack going rogue. Was also disappointed in the ending, but I'm up for a 24 movie, so no biggie to me. Just bummed this and LOST are both over. The only two shows I really watch.

JE3146
05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
:r One of the best post I have seen you make. :r

And to think I almost didn't post it because I didn't know if anyone would think it was funny :D

hotreds
09-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Watching 1st season on netflix(I don't watch commercial tv much.) I'm enjoying very much, it does drag a bit at times with all the switching around.

JE3146
09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Long way to go if you're just starting at season 1 now :)

Fun ride though. Just pace yourself so you don't get 24 burnout.

hotreds
01-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Really enjoying 24! Can't imagine having to wait a week between episodes! They are very entertaining, and sure keep your interest from one episode to the next.

I realize a lot of this stuff is over the top, but was wondering how realistic the technological aspects of the show are. Could a "Chloe" really do all she does with a computer?

Mr B
01-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Is 24 coming back this season? I thought it started in Feb last year?? Cant remember.

Love the show. The thing my wife & I always crack up on is how Jack is always "Five Minutes away" from everything. Kind of a stretch for Los Angelas :r

Eleven
01-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Season 8 was the final day for the show on tv.

WhoDeySchenk
01-12-2011, 11:57 AM
"Bad news “24” fans. Your much-anticipated movie version of Kiefer Sutherland’s TV thriller isn’t happening any time in the foreseeable future.

“24″ ended on Fox in May after eight seasons of Jack Bauer saving the world. At the time Sutherland, who starred as the rogue intelligence agent, said he was “very excited” about the planned movie.

Billy Ray, who wrote “State of Play,” was brought in to pen the big screen script but it was turned down by execs at 20th Century Fox, reports Entertainment Weekly.

The future of “24: The Movie,” is best-described by executive producer Howard Gordon as being “in suspended animation.”

Even Jack Bauer can’t overcome that."

captain53
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
"Bad news “24” fans. Your much-anticipated movie version of Kiefer Sutherland’s TV thriller isn’t happening any time in the foreseeable future.

“24″ ended on Fox in May after eight seasons of Jack Bauer saving the world. At the time Sutherland, who starred as the rogue intelligence agent, said he was “very excited” about the planned movie.

Billy Ray, who wrote “State of Play,” was brought in to pen the big screen script but it was turned down by execs at 20th Century Fox, reports Entertainment Weekly.

The future of “24: The Movie,” is best-described by executive producer Howard Gordon as being “in suspended animation.”

Even Jack Bauer can’t overcome that."

That SUX:td