PDA

View Full Version : The Hurt Locker

Onward James
04-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Lately, I have gone to a few movies to catch up. Hollywood is producing more based on truth films, however, they neddlessly add the bs for more ticket sales.

Nevertheless, I highly recommend The Hurt Locker, which is a man's film, not a chick flick, although some women might want to see it because it was directed by a woman, Kathryn Bigleow. Avatar Cameron's ex-wife.

It's about three members of the American Army's elite Explosive Ordnance Disposal. It grabbed my interest and had me in suspense. Of course there are a few questionable scenes — perhaps the screenwriter Mark Boal, a freelance writer who was embedded as a journalist with the bomb squad, was influenced by Lala Land producers.

http://www.thehurtlocker-movie.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hurt_Locker

Onward James
04-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Forgot to include, since it was filmed in a Middle Eastern country it also had the actors and crew on edge. Jordan is filled with Palestinians that are not pro-America as one would think and a few others.

Afterward, I smoked a full-bodied Punch to give me a kick and relax me. And that is not an oxymoron.

hotreds
04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Good movie, the libs are all urinated off that it won so many Oscars.

JE3146
04-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Loved that movie. Kinda peeved that it's gonna hold a high price tag for a while though cus it won best picture :D Definitely one I could see adding to the blu-ray collection. The shockwave sequences were incredible in HD.

The story itself had a few far fetched moments, but the lasting effect after turning off the film definitely left you something to think about.

Don Fernando
04-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Jordan is filled with Palestinians that are not pro-America as one would think

why would anybody think that Palestinians are pro-America? Their enemy is Israel and Israel usually gets a lot of support from the US, therefore it is normal for the Palestinians to be anti-America too.

Santesyu
05-10-2010, 11:22 PM
really great movie!

Roland of Gilead
05-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I thought it was a stupid movie. Just to much crap that would just not happen. Going out side the wire alone? I can't even fathom the **** storm that enlisted guy would have gone thru when he got back and with an issued pistol, also when the 3 guys went chasing the bad guys on their own too... c'mon.

Anyway, I didn't care for it.

-Mark.