PDA

View Full Version : Clean Hands...

CigarNut
04-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Maybe it's just me, but usually after I smoke a cigar my hands stink from holding the cigar, and that stink does not wash off easily.

Thanks to Mark and Brian (morning radio show on KLOS FM in LA) I have a solution that I have tested.

It sounds crazy, but wash your hands with toothpaste. The basic white Colgate toothpaste is fine, but you can use the fancy stuff too. Be aware that whitening toothpaste contains Hydrogen Peroxide, which can be an irritant if you have sensitive skin -- that's why the basic white Colgate works best.

Just take a dollup on damp hands and rub it around -- just like soap. Scrub well, risnse and viola - clean hands!

Anyway, I've tried this a couple of times and it works great! It kind of makes sense as toothpaste has to be a powerful cleaner and deorderizeor in order to clean your teeth and mouth.

tobii3
04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
so whaddaya brush yer teeth with? Shampoo??

:r

kelmac07
04-08-2010, 01:17 PM
so whaddaya brush yer teeth with? Shampoo??

:r

:r :r

hotreds
04-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Like the sleepy guy that brushed his teeth with Preparation H!

Commander Quan
04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
I like that smell

KenyanSandBoa
04-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Very cool...I'll have to give that a try. That's the one thing the little lady complains about...she doesn't like stinky fingers. :r:r

tobii3
04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Like the sleepy guy that brushed his teeth with Preparation H!

makes it SO much easier to use a straw! And even BETTER at whistling!!!

:D

jmsremax
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I hate stinky fingers :xxx

CueTheMusic
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I've been doing this for quite a while. It works pretty well, doesn't always take care of it, but it really does help. :)

marge796
04-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I just wash with normal soap, then sprinkle a little lemon or lime juice that come in those little plastic containers. You'll have fresh smelling hands for sure.

:tu

Chris.....

Darrell
04-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't sniff my fingers after cigars so I don't really care. :r

HK3-
04-08-2010, 02:03 PM

If you smoke a cigar that has a dyed wrapper, and the dye comes off on your fingers.... Would this be considered a dirty sanchez? :=:

weak_link
04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
If you smoke a cigar that has a dyed wrapper, and the dye comes off on your fingers.... Would this be considered a dirty sanchez? :=:

ewwww...

jmsremax
04-08-2010, 02:23 PM

Oh, we were talking about cigars?

eboniknight
04-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Using a hand sanitizer works too.....then follow that up with some hand soap! Works wonders.

whodeeni
04-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Not being funny, but you must perspire a lot? I personally don't have
this problem, and don't believe i've experienced it. I was once dating
this girl and because she was a non smoker, i didn't smoke for a whole
week when she came to visit me. She still complained about smelling
smoke on my breath... "Go Figure"?:r

Maybe it's just me, but usually after I smoke a cigar my hands stink from holding the cigar, and that stink does not wash off easily.

Thanks to Mark and Brian (morning radio show on KLOS FM in LA) I have a solution that I have tested.

It sounds crazy, but wash your hands with toothpaste. The basic white Colgate toothpaste is fine, but you can use the fancy stuff too. Be aware that whitening toothpaste contains Hydrogen Peroxide, which can be an irritant if you have sensitive skin -- that's why the basic white Colgate works best.

Just take a dollup on damp hands and rub it around -- just like soap. Scrub well, risnse and viola - clean hands!

Anyway, I've tried this a couple of times and it works great! It kind of makes sense as toothpaste has to be a powerful cleaner and deorderizeor in order to clean your teeth and mouth.

Throb
04-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Where is Major Capt. Silly when you need him
:r:r

Emjaysmash
04-12-2010, 06:00 AM
I like that smell

:tpd: Same. Why would you wanna wash it off?

Where is Major Capt. Silly when you need him
:r:r

:tpd: :tpd:

1badhog07
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM

:tpd:

kydsid
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Anytime I think hmm I smell like a cigar I just smoke another one.

Snake Hips
04-13-2010, 02:51 AM
Interesting, thanks for the tip. However, after a cigar, I can't stop smelling my hands! I love the smell.

Nurse_Maduro
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Speaking of dirty sanchezes and toothpaste....(never thought I'd see those two things together in my lifetime!)

I used to be direct care staff for developmentally disabled individuals, and we used to use shaving cream to remove the smell of...well, poop. I figure if it works for that, it should work for the smell of cigar stinkfinger. :D

RevSmoke
04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
works also on hands with stink from fishing. :)

CigarDisciple
04-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Considering what we as men and (women) are willing to put in our mouths and your worried about your fingers? Why don't you do what Catherine the Great of Russia did and use a tissue to hold the cigar or better yet hold the cigar at the label.