PDA

View Full Version : Oliva V Figurado

Aron
04-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I have been waiting so very long to smoke this see-gar. I cannot wait to light this up in ten minutes with my best friend.

I gave him a Padilla Miami, so he should enjoy himself as well.

While my pallate is not distinguished regarding cigars, I'll definitely report back. Yum!
Posted via Mobile Device

Commander Quan
04-06-2010, 08:34 PM
All of the OVs are good but I like this one the best. Enjoy!

neoflex
04-06-2010, 08:49 PM
All of the OVs are good but I like this one the best. Enjoy!

:tpd: With the V line the Maddie is by far my favorite but for the reg line this is my favorite vitola. Kinda mad I didn't jump on these when they were on Monster for $119. It seems with the Figurado people either love em or hate em. Enjoy brotha!

KenyanSandBoa
04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I just got one of these in my sampler from Ryan (cigarmonkel)...it look DELICIOUS!! :dr

I can't wait to hear what you think...I have yet to be disappointed by an Oliva.

Volt
04-07-2010, 04:24 AM
While I like the V's they don't like me (a tad strong on the throat. But the figurado is completely different, love to smoke them. A bit pricey for as a daily smoke but I have 5 - 7 tucked aside for times when I can really enjoy them.

KenyanSandBoa
04-07-2010, 07:56 AM
While I like the V's they don't like me (a tad strong on the throat. But the figurado is completely different, love to smoke them. A bit pricey for as a daily smoke but I have 5 - 7 tucked aside for times when I can really enjoy them.

I've heard that the figs are very different. I've only had the double robusto, but I'm looking forward to the figs and torps now that it's above freezing here in NE. :tu

Volt
04-07-2010, 08:05 AM
I've heard that the figs are very different. I've only had the double robusto, but I'm looking forward to the figs and torps now that it's above freezing here in NE. :tu

I will tell you that while you know your smoking an Oliva V, to me it is a completely different experience from a robusto or say a churchill of the Oliva V's. Not real sure why it is, but I checked with one or two others and they agree, a very different experience. They are definity worth at least a one time try.

Aron
04-07-2010, 11:38 AM
It was a truly delicious smoke. One of the most perfectly constructed cigars I've ever seen. A perfect perfecto, if you will! :tu :tu :tu

Wonderfully full-bodied, though not as strong as, say, a 5 Vegas AAA. I definitely intend to buy more.

I was actually thinking on my way home if I could only smoke the figurados and lanceros, along with something more mild every once in a while, for the rest of my life, I think I could be pretty damned happy. Those OV lanceros are simply exquisite!
Posted via Mobile Device

Aron
04-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Also, by 'pallate' I definitely meant 'palate.' Pesky typos!

Also, I've yet to be disappointed by an Oliva. Even the "cheapo" Gs are yummy! Definitely one of the best values in cigars.
Posted via Mobile Device

KenyanSandBoa
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
It was a truly delicious smoke. One of the most perfectly constructed cigars I've ever seen. A perfect perfecto, if you will! :tu :tu :tu

Wonderfully full-bodied, though not as strong as, say, a 5 Vegas AAA. I definitely intend to buy more.

I was actually thinking on my way home if I could only smoke the figurados and lanceros, along with something more mild every once in a while, for the rest of my life, I think I could be pretty damned happy. Those OV lanceros are simply exquisite!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice!! Sounds like you really enjoyed it. As I'm sure you saw the discussion between Volt and myself...did you notice any difference between the fig and robusto V's?

Also, by 'pallate' I definitely meant 'palate.' Pesky typos!

Also, I've yet to be disappointed by an Oliva. Even the "cheapo" Gs are yummy! Definitely one of the best values in cigars.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just picked up a G Special G in a cigar pass...I'm DYING to smoke that because I haven't tried the G series yet.

Volt
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM
The G is a very nice, fairly mild cameroon wrapped smoke. Decently priced and after reading many threads, a very good pick for beginners to try. I still enjoy them today. Better for me earlier in the day, but they work at night as well.

Aron
04-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I actually haven't tried the robusto yet, but I believe I have one in my humi, and I'll probably put it it to the flame this weekend. Actually it will likely be earlier. But I'll report back as soon as I can!

At this point, my standard for 'knock-me-on-my-arse' full body belongs to the 'AAA,' followed by my Graycliff Turbos.

Go big or go home! Or at least cheat.

maninblack
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
I got a box of the fugurado's resting in the humi. Gave one to Mario. Still haven't tried one myself. Hope they are as good as promised.

Volt
04-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I got a box of the fugurado's resting in the humi. Gave one to Mario. Still haven't tried one myself. Hope they are as good as promised.

One way to find out :ss !

KenyanSandBoa
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
I actually haven't tried the robusto yet, but I believe I have one in my humi, and I'll probably put it it to the flame this weekend. Actually it will likely be earlier. But I'll report back as soon as I can!

At this point, my standard for 'knock-me-on-my-arse' full body belongs to the 'AAA,' followed by my Graycliff Turbos.

Go big or go home! Or at least cheat.

Nice...I still have that Graycliff Turbo you gave me at the NERF...now I just HAVE to try it!! :D

One way to find out :ss !

:tpd::tu

Aron
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Jim, I had one last night. It's a thing of beauty! Light 'er up for me!!!

KenyanSandBoa
04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Just smoked the figurado...very nice smoke. I did notice it was quite different from the Oliva Double Robusto. It didn't seem as "in your face" as the robusto was through the whole smoke. I was such a beautiful day, I just had to take the time to polish this one off.

Volt
04-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Just smoked the figurado...very nice smoke. I did notice it was quite different from the Oliva Double Robusto. It didn't seem as "in your face" as the robusto was through the whole smoke. I was such a beautiful day, I just had to take the time to polish this one off.

I agree, the same good flavors, just not in the face.

darkninja67
04-12-2010, 05:43 AM
I love the V line and smoke the double robusto, belicoso and figurado the most.

As for the G, you can get a box of 24 robustos for $65. I think they are a great stick at that price.

ODLS1
04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
I had a Oliva V Torp last night. Very nice. I'll have to check out the Figurado.

sikk50
04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
The figurado, IMO is one of the best vitolas for the V

Blazedup
04-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Reading this post reminded me of the couple of pre-release V figurados I have stashed somewhere in the humi. Time to go digging!!

04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I like this vitola best in the V line too. I agree the V Maduro is a bit above the others.

That said if you like these as much as I do then I highly recommend an Oliva Master Blends 3, specifically the torpedo. Easily my favorite NC cigar. They are very complex and silky smooth. Not mild by any stretch. They are more expensive but I have found them for reasonable prices.

Mike

KenyanSandBoa
04-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I like this vitola best in the V line too. I agree the V Maduro is a bit above the others.

That said if you like these as much as I do then I highly recommend an Oliva Master Blends 3, specifically the torpedo. Easily my favorite NC cigar. They are very complex and silky smooth. Not mild by any stretch. They are more expensive but I have found them for reasonable prices.

Mike

A fellow inmate (jmsremax) just smoked a Master Blend recently and raved about it. They're definitley on my "to smoke" list. :tu

04-13-2010, 02:29 PM
A fellow inmate (jmsremax) just smoked a Master Blend recently and raved about it. They're definitley on my "to smoke" list. :tu

After trying them if any of you want to buy them by the box, shoot me a PM. I'll get you some info on where to get them for an absolute steal. (Assuming he can still get them).

KenyanSandBoa
04-13-2010, 03:00 PM
After trying them if any of you want to buy them by the box, shoot me a PM. I'll get you some info on where to get them for an absolute steal. (Assuming he can still get them).

Really...that would be awesome!! I'll let you know for sure. :tu

jmsremax
04-13-2010, 06:16 PM

PM sent....I enjoyed them very much. Although for the price I got the Vs for they will be more of a daily smoke than the MB 3s.

KenyanSandBoa
04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
PM sent....I enjoyed them very much. Although for the price I got the Vs for they will be more of a daily smoke than the MB 3s.

My spidey senses are tingling...do I sense a box split in the works? :D

Aron
04-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh, HELL yeah! I'm definitely down for a box split.

So long as you all pay your share, and let me keep the entire box. :r :r :r

But really, that would be awesomesauce. :tu

KenyanSandBoa
04-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Oh, HELL yeah! I'm definitely down for a box split.

So long as you all pay your share, and let me keep the entire box. :r :r

But really, that would be awesomesauce. :tu

Of course...don't all box splits go that way? :r

I'll follow up with Jon and maybe we can get something going. :tu