PDA

View Full Version : Question about cigar tasting: subtleties

tomc3084
04-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi guys, I have a question here, but let me explain first. Whenever I smoke a cigar and I describe "nuttiness" as a flavor it's not like I am really tasting nuttiness, like I do with say white pepper or floral flavors etc. What I am tasting I am more associating with nuttiness then actually tasting it, I think? Anyways, my question is, when you taste nuttiness in your cigar, specifically what kind of nuts are you tasting(that's what she said)? I ask so I will know what to look for exactly next time I smoke....Thanks in advance brothers, CA ROCKS!

nayslayer
04-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Your right tom, It's not usually an In your face, damm, i Just ate a who bowl of chocholate ice cream. It's more of wow, that taste/smell is very similar to the taste/smell of that bowl of ice cream i had yesterday

kaisersozei
04-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I've "tasted" peanuts, cashews and hazelnuts in different cigars. Sometimes it's just a toastiness that I relate to roasted nuts.

Emjaysmash
04-06-2010, 11:18 AM
As far as nutty-ness goes, I usually only taste vague flavors that remind me of nuts overall, and not a specific one. I have had a Padron Londres MAduro that tasted like roasted almonds.

sikk50
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
As far as nutty-ness goes, I usually only taste vague flavors that remind me of nuts overall, and not a specific one. I have had a Padron Londres MAduro that tasted like roasted almonds.

:tpd:

Adriftpanda
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
The guy above me, knows a lot about the taste of nuts :r

Starscream
04-06-2010, 12:01 PM
The guy above me, knows a lot about the taste of nuts :r
Oh, Snap! :=:
That was dirty.

icehog3
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
The first RyJ Duke I smoked tasted of cashews. Not "cashew-esque", or "nutty". Freaking cashews.

Usually it isn't as distinct as that one was.

wolfandwhisky
04-11-2010, 05:44 PM
A lot of times I can tease out the specific taste of hazelnuts and almonds. A lot of times the aroma/taste is similar to the aroma of a bowl of nuts around Christmas-time.

Starscream
04-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Usually if I say nuttiness, it's just nuttiness in general, not a specific nut. Kinda liked eating a handful of mixed nuts. I get a general nutty flavor, but not one specific kind.

icehog3
04-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Usually if I say nuttiness, it's just nuttiness in general, not a specific nut. Kinda liked eating a handful of mixed nuts. I get a general nutty flavor, but not one specific kind.

General nuts? How to you feel about Admiral nuts?

St. Lou Stu
04-11-2010, 08:19 PM

I agree with the Cashews... sometimes almonds... almond taste isn't always the good almond taste.

Admiral nuts are too salty.:pu

Kreth
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Damn you! I almost had a Cheerio come out my nose! Do you have any idea what that feels like?! :r:r:r
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Damn you! I almost had a Cheerio come out my nose! Do you have any idea what that feels like?! :r:r:r
Posted via Mobile Device

No. No I don't. But I'm willing to learn. :r

lightning9191
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM

Sometimes I just get an overall nutty taste, but other times I can pinpoint a specific nut......and I realize by posting this that I am leaving myself open to all sorts of puns :r

icehog3
04-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Sometimes I just get an overall nutty taste, but other times I can pinpoint a specific nut......and I realize by posting this that I am leaving myself open to all sorts of puns :r

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/nutz.jpg

St. Lou Stu
04-11-2010, 08:29 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/nutz.jpg

Iz that a nut in his mouth, or is he just happy to see ya?