PDA

View Full Version : Masters 2010

longknocker
04-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Who's Going To Win? Does Tiger Have A Chance? What Say You?:)
My Pick For This Year Is Ernie Els, With Jim Furyk & Phil Mickelson Also Possible Winners! Bring It On, Golfaholics!:banger

elderboy02
04-06-2010, 04:54 AM
If I watch golf, it is only on Sundays when NASCAR is over. I only watch when Tiger plays, so I am rooting for Tiger.

kelmac07
04-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Rooting for Tiger as well. :tu

TripleF
04-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Can someone tell me how many innings there are in golf?

NeverEnoughStick
04-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Rooting for Tiger as well! I feel this is his year! :tu

longknocker
04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Can someone tell me how many innings there are in golf?

Great Place To Smoke Cigars, Scott! Can't Do That At The Ball Park!:)

jmsremax
04-06-2010, 10:47 AM
I feel Tiger will do well, but I don't expect him to win.

King James
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm surprised at the lack of practice round coverage

tsolomon
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I would like to see Ernie Els, Jim Furyk or Anthony Kim win it. I would also like to see Tiger wearing a pair of John Daly's golf pants. :banger

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
I would love to see The Big Easy win. Tiger can pound sand for all I care.

14holestogie
04-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I like Phil, I just don't like his chances. He's shown little or nothing so far this year. Any good rounds that he's had have come after he's out of contention.

Anthony Kim doesn't have a chance if he plans on hitting it like he did last week enroute to his win. Augusta is a lot tighter and penal than Houston was.

I'd like to think Ernie has a good shot. Last week he didn't do much, but 2 out of the last three wins bodes well for him.

But, if I had to wager, I'd have to go with Tiger. Let's face it, he's beat a lot of these guys in the past few years on a pretty beat up body. I'm not sure I buy into the emotional baggage weighing him down. It's been my experience on the golf course that all those things disappear for those few hours spent on the course. If Tiger has even 2/3 of his normal game, nobody beats him. :2

E.J.
04-08-2010, 04:10 PM
How cool is this first day leaderboard!!!!

Are you kidding...Couples, Watson, Lyle....:banger

The Poet
04-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Couples, Watson, Lyle?

Where's Chi Chi or Trevino? :D

LasciviousXXX
04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't follow or watch golf. However, when the off the course antics make the news, I tune in :D

The fly-over airplane messages were HILARIOUS!

Darrell
04-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I would rather eat my own toenails than watch Golf. :sleep:

Kreth
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I would rather eat my own toenails than watch Golf. :sleep:
That's kinda how I feel about baseball, and I'm 25 miles from Cooperstown. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Darrell
04-08-2010, 05:21 PM
That's kinda how I feel about baseball, and I'm 25 miles from Cooperstown. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

How dare you spit such venom???? :r

Kreth
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
How dare you spit such venom???? :r
I got really jaded after the last big strike. I'm sorry, but if you're making millions (hell, even 6 figures) *playing a game,* you have no right to whine about your salary. I honestly don't see how American audiences find soccer boring when many baseball games are much the same: hours of nothing and one or two great plays.
I used to find golf about as exciting as watching paint dry. Then I got into the game, and now I can appreciate the skill and stategy that goes into it. Plus, there's no guaranteed money (sponsorships notwithstanding). If you go out and
stink up the course, you go home early.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreekGodX
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Tiger's best opening round in the Masters :)

floydpink
04-08-2010, 06:38 PM

and 2 eagles leaving him 2 back. Get the Green Jacket ready.

longknocker
04-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I got really jaded after the last big strike. I'm sorry, but if you're making millions (hell, even 6 figures) *playing a game,* you have no right to whine about your salary. I honestly don't see how American audiences find soccer boring when many baseball games are much the same: hours of nothing and one or two great plays.
I used to find golf about as exciting as watching paint dry. Then I got into the game, and now I can appreciate the skill and stategy that goes into it. Plus, there's no guaranteed money (sponsorships notwithstanding). If you go out and
Posted via Mobile Device

I Agree, Jeff!:tu Most People Who Can't Stand The Game Have Never Played It. I Have A Drink Bet With My Buddy Who Thinks Tiger Won't Finish In The Top 10. I Think That's Safe For Me!:=:

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-08-2010, 09:29 PM

and 2 eagles leaving him 2 back. Get the Green Jacket ready.

I would love to see The Big Easy win. Tiger can pound sand for all I care.
:su

drob
04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
And now the other part of Tiger's game comes into play - intimidation. Except for a select few (and you can count the number of them on one hand), the rest of the field is thinking "after all the crap that has happened, and being off for five months, and three bogies today, he's only 2 strokes back - crap".

longknocker
04-09-2010, 03:47 AM
And now the other part of Tiger's game comes into play - intimidation. Except for a select few (and you can count the number of them on one hand), the rest of the field is thinking "after all the crap that has happened, and being off for five months, and three bogies today, he's only 2 strokes back - crap".

So True! Tiger Always Has The Intimidation Factor On His Side. Like It Or Not, He Is "The" Most "Mentally Tough" Player Out There. Should Be An Interesting Weekend!:banger

taltos
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Today it looks like the course has awakened. So far not much movement except for higher scores. Staying at par seems to be a victory. I am still cheering for Tiger since I go by Barkley's comment years ago that he is an athlete and not a role model. I want Tiger just to see that a*hole chairman who called him out in public for being a poor role model have to give him the trophy. Otherwise I could easily live with either Watson or Couples hanging in there.

Darrell
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Last night when I could not sleep, I turned on highlights from the Masters. I went to sleep like a baby after warm milk. :D

Parshooter
04-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Tiger's intimidation factor is not what it used to be. He has proven to be beatable and the few tour players that have the walnuts to say so have said it. I don't think Anthony Kim would back down from a Tiger run. Y. E. Yang didn't last year at the Open (or was it the PGA?).

Mugen910
04-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Wow Tiger's 3 strokes back from the lead.

I know it's only rnd 2 but wow.

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Today it looks like the course has awakened. So far not much movement except for higher scores. Staying at par seems to be a victory. I am still cheering for Tiger since I go by Barkley's comment years ago that he is an athlete and not a role model. I want Tiger just to see that a*hole chairman who called him out in public for being a poor role model have to give him the trophy. Otherwise I could easily live with either Watson or Couples hanging in there.

Tiger is the best player in the world. He was a role model whether he wanted to be or not. Its not his choice. With his status, comes some responsibility. Im not saying he is going to be perfect. But come on, the guy is a loser after what he did. Don't we have to draw a line in the sand somewhere? I don't accept his apology, and I will not fall into the media's love appeal for him. I know there are people that think athletes life's should be kept private. But Im sorry that is just not going to happen. Tiger Woods will always be a loser in my eyes, and I know the majority of golf fans:td

Eleven
04-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Everyone deserves a second chance, even for what Tiger did. If he truly has changed, and learned from what happened, he could go on to be even bigger than before.

I will give him a chance in that respect, but when it comes to winning tournaments, I always wait til after the cut and root for underdogs. Unfortunately for Tiger, he is rarely an underdog so he doesn't get my support!

I thought it was great that Couples and Watson were so far up on the leaderboard. Right about now, I am rooting for Heath Slocum to keep up his amazing start to the 3rd round.

Cigary
04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Being a San Diego native I'm excited to see Phil playing well,,,2 eagles and nearly making a third one in a row. Can you spell HOT?

captain53
04-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

While it is sponsor money they have huge guarantees and all they have to do is make the cut to collect a large sponsor check. Don't kid yourself they are just like every other pro athelete Except they don't even need to show up every week to make big $. I know of no other sport paying Millions of $ to players that only come play when they want to.

Kreth
04-10-2010, 06:57 PM
While it is sponsor money they have huge guarantees and all they have to do is make the cut to collect a large sponsor check. Don't kid yourself they are just like every other pro athelete Except they don't even need to show up every week to make big $. I know of no other sport paying Millions of $ to players that only come play when they want to.
The only guys making millions on the PGA Tour are the proven players. Somebody like Ricky Barnes sure doesn't have that kind of deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

longknocker
04-10-2010, 07:48 PM
The only guys making millions on the PGA Tour are the proven players. Somebody like Ricky Barnes sure doesn't have that kind of deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

:tu The "Average" PGA Player Has To Perform Every Week Or He Doesn't Get Paid. There's No Other Sport Like It In That Respect.:2

Go Phil!:banger

captain53
04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Like I said don't kid yourself:

Just 20 years ago, Curtis Strange became the first golfer to win $1 million in a season. In 2007, 158 players passed that milestone: 99 on the PGA Tour, 15 on the Champions Tour, seven LPGA Tour players and 37 from assorted tours

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2008-02/gd50#ixzz0kkfAeD5y

In 2007 Jeff Overton was #99 on the tour and made over $1 million. Number 20 made $9.1 million and number 50 made $2.7 million

Who knows what Ricky Barnes makes he is barely good enough to stay on the tour and does not regularly even make the cut.

Cigary
04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
:tu The "Average" PGA Player Has To Perform Every Week Or He Doesn't Get Paid. There's No Other Sport Like It In That Respect.:2

Go Phil!:banger

You got this right. I have a friend of mine who use to caddy for some of the big boys and all the caddies talk about money. You don't make the cut you don't make diddley because you are spending it to stay in cheesy hotels and gas money and truck driver cantinas. You are there days before the tournaments so you are spending money every day and it gets pretty expensive. If you are lucky enough to get sponsered it's only because you are in the top 20...the rest are having to live on relatives and saved up money they are using when they work at local courses.

captain53
04-11-2010, 06:21 AM
You got this right. I have a friend of mine who use to caddy for some of the big boys and all the caddies talk about money. You don't make the cut you don't make diddley because you are spending it to stay in cheesy hotels and gas money and truck driver cantinas. You are there days before the tournaments so you are spending money every day and it gets pretty expensive. If you are lucky enough to get sponsered it's only because you are in the top 20...the rest are having to live on relatives and saved up money they are using when they work at local courses.

10 years ago maybe but not today.

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fKHiL8nIw

Wow Tiger, you do suck:r

Kreth
04-11-2010, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fKHiL8nIw

Wow Tiger, you do suck:r
Wish my game was good enough to get pissed about hitting the wrong part of the green. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

captain53
04-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Wish my game was good enough to get pissed about hitting the wrong part of the green. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

:tpd:

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Lets go Phil!!

Kreth
04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Lets go Phil!!
Well, Lefty was the only one from the last two pairings to hit the fairway (his own fairway, anyway). That's a good omen. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Well, Lefty was the only one from the last two pairings to hit the fairway (his own fairway, anyway). That's a good omen. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

:banger

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Freddy has an eagle chance.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Freddy has an eagle chance.
That was pretty. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Tough break for Freddie, got his bird, though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 01:04 PM
And a nice birdie putt by Freddie to move within 2. The crowd's really behind him. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 01:06 PM
And a nice birdie putt by Freddie to move within 2. The crowd's really behind him. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope he can keep it up.

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Watch for Mahan to shoot a low score today.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I think Tiger's done. He just airmailed the green on a short pitch. Choi, OTOH, is looking pretty solid.
Bad break for Phil, a leaf or something landed right in the line of his birdie putt right as he made his stroke.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Nice par save by Eldrick. That was no gimme putt on 3.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Choi birdies 6 to stay within 2.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Freddie birdies #9 to get to -10! :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Would like to see Fred win for us old timers who still play the game...does my heart good to see him play with the younsters. Westwood "appears" to be not hitting his shots as good as he has been...that spells nerves to me. Phil just birdied and is now tied. Tiger just picked up about 3 strokes in 2 holes and just put one about 10 feet from the hole giving him another birdy opportunity. Great tournament today!

Kreth
04-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Wow, gotta give Tiger credit. Nice turnaround the last 3 holes on the front. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

King James
04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow, gotta give Tiger credit. Nice turnaround the last 3 holes on the front. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

those last 3 holes with out the horrible start may even have him leading right now

Kreth
04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
those last 3 holes with out the horrible start may even have him leading right now
He started at -8, right? He'd be tied with Phil without the train wreck earlier.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Mr. KJ ties for the lead. Looked like that putt could have easily gotten away if it slid by and left a nasty comebacker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Uh oh,,,Tiger just hit a "woody wood pecker shot" that might cost him. KJ is playing like a friggin machine. Phil just Rodney King'd his last 2 tees shots which concerns me even though he got up and down. Poor Freddy "John Kennedy Jr'd his last shot into the water.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm thinking Tiger and Phil both might want to put the driver away for the day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Poor Freddy "John Kennedy Jr'd his last shot into the water.
That's just wrong! :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Awwwwww Freddy...in the drink and then Tiger just missed a putt that he usually drains. I got to agree with you about Phil and Tiger stuffing their drivers for the day. It's the next few holes where they need to be accurate coming into Amen Corner. Tiger just did a 'Yasser Arafat' with an ugly shot into the sand.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Nice recovery by Phil. That lie looked nasty, right on the edge of the pine needles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 03:21 PM
The Koreans are kicking some serious golf balls. Tiger just drained it. Phil is in. KJ is in. Anthony KIm is 11 under. Who is going to choke?

Cigary
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Whoopsie...Tiger just Princess'd Di that shot...shouldnt have used his driver again.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
The Koreans are kicking some serious golf balls. Tiger just drained it. Phil is in. KJ is in. Anthony KIm is 11 under. Who is going to choke?
I had no idea Mickelson was Korean. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
04-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Just noticed: Tom Watson is using the same putter I do (Odyssey XG #7). Or should that be I use the same putter he does? :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I had no idea Mickelson was Korean. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol.

Just noticed: Tom Watson is using the same putter I do (Odyssey XG #7). Or should that be I use the same putter he does? :r
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a good putter for sure...I have that one along with many others.

Damn,,,Anthony Kim just drained another one to go to 12 under. Tiger drained another birdie.

Westwood just Sonny Bono'd his shot.

Good round for Tom...he's a really nice man and have met him a few times.

Oops, KJ just lost a stroke.

14holestogie
04-11-2010, 03:42 PM
What a great recovery by Phil!

Kreth
04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Wow! That save by Phil has got to be shot of the day! Out of the trees, he hits it to about 3 feet! :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 03:52 PM
If he can just hold on and not overplay any shots he's got a great chance. Can't even believe Tiger just gave away that hole with a missed comebacker.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
A 3-putt bogey by Tiger. I think I saw steam coming out of his ears.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 03:54 PM
A 3-putt bogey by Tiger. I think I saw steam coming out of his ears.
Posted via Mobile Device

Could be one of the most expensive bogey putts around. He really thought that short comebacker was a no brainer. I miss those regularly.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Nice comeback with the eagle for Tiger, but it might be too late.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 04:13 PM
David Feherty cracks me up..." He just mangled it!" ( Westwoods shot coming into the green )

WTG Phil...great shot again with a good birdie opportunity. He's pulling away right now...can't afford an adrenaline rush and overpower his tee shots.

Freddy finishes with a 9 under and thats really good to see.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 04:17 PM
David Feherty cracks me up..." He just mangled it!" ( Westwoods shot coming into the green )
I haven't bought the last few versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour since they dropped Feherty and McCord as commentators.

WTG Phil...great shot again with a good birdie opportunity. He's pulling away right now...can't afford an adrenaline rush and overpower his tee shots.
Definitely wasn't the safe shot. Glad he didn't Tin Cup it.

Freddy finishes with a 9 under and thats really good to see.
Wasn't that through 17?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I haven't bought the last few versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour since they dropped Feherty and McCord as commentators.

Definitely wasn't the safe shot. Glad he didn't Tin Cup it.

Wasn't that through 17?
Posted via Mobile Device
The last game I got was 2008 and I love the combo of Feherty and McCord. Where the hell is Johnny Miller?

My bad,,,,hope I didn't jinx poor Freddy!:=:

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
The last game I got was 2008 and I love the combo of Feherty and McCord. Where the hell is Johnny Miller?

My bad,,,,hope I didn't jinx poor Freddy!:=:

Johnny Miller sucks at commentating:2

Cigary
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Johnny Miller sucks at commentating:2

He is brutally honest and pretty accurate which irritated a lot of professionals but I'd rather hear honest broadcasting than listen to the brown nosers that are commentating now. This is why golf "appears" to a lot of non golfers as a very elitist or boring sport. We all have our likes and dislikes but it's all about making the sport something better.

Kreth
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Nice par by Lefty at 17, and he leaves the driver in the bag on 18. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
He is brutally honest and pretty accurate which irritated a lot of professionals but I'd rather hear honest broadcasting than listen to the brown nosers that are commentating now. This is why golf "appears" to a lot of non golfers as a very elitist or boring sport. We all have our likes and dislikes but it's all about making the sport something better.

Johnny tells the obvious, which gets old very very quick. To me, he is very elitist by the way he rips players up. Odd how I don't remember him ever giving any criticism to Tiger:rolleyes:

Cigary
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
A 2 shot cushion should be enough but as we all know all it takes is one bad shot. Play conservative on 18 Phil and just hit it solid...oh niiiiiiceeeeeee! This tournament is ovah!! Nicely done Phil...San Diego is proud of you!

Kreth
04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Yep, congrats to Lefty. Beautiful approach into 18. Don't think even I could blow a 2-shot lead from there. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banger

SmokeyJoe
04-11-2010, 10:28 PM
What a great tournament... I love me some Phil! Three Green Jackets is some pretty tall company.

Anthony Kim is great and will be a force to be reckoned with. Glad to see Freddie Couples and Tom Watson finish well. Tiger provided some real drama... on the golf course for a change.

One of my favorite Masters.

longknocker
04-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Awesome Tournament!:banger For Phil To Pull That Shot Off On 13 Between The Trees & To Drain That Last Putt On 18 For Birdie, It Was "Destiny"!:tu

GreekGodX
04-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Awesome Tournament!:banger For Phil To Pull That Shot Off On 13 Between The Trees & To Drain That Last Putt On 18 For Birdie, It Was "Destiny"!:tu

I thought that pine needle that landed in front of his putt was going to be his "destiny". I'm glad that didn't turn out to foreshadow the rest of his round.

Kreth
04-12-2010, 06:16 AM
I thought that pine needle that landed in front of his putt was going to be his "destiny". I'm glad that didn't turn out to foreshadow the rest of his round.
That was a tough break, but he turned it around. Glad to see him get a big win after everything he's been through with his family.
Anthony Kim looked pretty impressive too the way he charged up the leaderboard on the back 9. I think he's gonna have a solid year.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Poet
04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Congratulations to Lefty - glad to see he didn't blow it in another "Tin Cup" moment. And I'm not too surprised that Tiger didn't make a charge, considering how often he's changed the grip on his putter.