PDA

View Full Version : Can too many cigars make a newbie sick?

colinb913
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Today I woke up feeling great, took my little brother out to golf (shot a 38 over 9 ;)) came home, and had a stogie. As the evening progressed I had a Man O' War, a Blue Label, a Players Club, and another Man O' War.. Thats alot for me!

Now, I feel sick, stomach ache, shaky, dizzy and tired... I was wondering if all these cigars, which I smoked in a 6-7 hour period, can make me sick...? I am pretty new to smoking, and haven't had this happen to me before. I was wondering if it could be the cigars.

Emjaysmash
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Yes, it's called nicotine sickness and you dont have to be a n00b to experience it. After a long winter without to many sticks, I jumped head first into spring by smoking a handful of sticks and I ended up feeling terrible afterwards.

colinb913
04-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh.. How long until it wears off..?

Edit: First hit on google!!! Go Ca!!!!!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7811)

Whee
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Those two Man O Wars did it.

Always eat something before smoking and keep sugar close by.

I've had it happen bad, twice. When I say bad, I mean the room spinning-sweaty-feel your heartbeat in your temples-bad.:r

colinb913
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I ate dinner in between number 2 and number 3...

scoot
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Not too long, just chill out and maybe grab a piece of plain chocolate, sometimes it can help with the nausea.

forgop
04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Go try smoking a few Partagas blacks, CAO Brasilias, and Oliva Serie V's on an empty stomach and let me know how bad you hurt. j/k

It's usually not the quantity, but what kind of stuff you're smoking. Start with mild/medium bodied smokes and work your way up to the big boy stuff.

Emjaysmash
04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Eat something sugary or drink a coke if you're still feeling sick. That should hopefully bring you back on balance.

Kreth
04-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Eat something sugary or drink a coke if you're still feeling sick. That should hopefully bring you back on balance.
:tpd: And since no one else mentioned it: nice round! :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

colinb913
04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Haha, thanks kreth!!! Sippin a coke and having some girl scout cookies as we speak..

St. Lou Stu
04-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Also, sugar packets are a necessity for your herf/causual 4 or 5 cigars in a 6-7 hour period gear bag.
The only lasting side effect of what you have experienced is impotence.;s

colinb913
04-04-2010, 07:25 PM
You are kidding.. right?

St. Lou Stu
04-04-2010, 07:28 PM
You are kidding.. right?

On the bright side, you can now drive it like you stole it! :r (If ya know what I mean)

Mugen910
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Sometimes it happens in non-ventilated areas also. I prefer chocolate ice cream for my sugar fix :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Darrell
04-04-2010, 07:32 PM
When I used to smoke Maduros often, it made me poo.

captain53
04-04-2010, 07:38 PM
When I used to smoke Maduros often, it made me poo.

So you don't poo anymore? :r

Darrell
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM

No, I do. It was just MORE when I smoked maduros.

T.G
04-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Huh, so Darrell is full of poo...

Who'da thunk it.

;s :r

Wolfgang
04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I like the V8 splash for sugar. Its got a ton. Rum is also good for it Right Tim?

Emjaysmash
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM

No, I do. It was just MORE when I smoked maduros.

I heard girls don't...

bobarian
04-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Also, sugar packets are a necessity for your herf/causual 4 or 5 cigars in a 6-7 hour period gear bag.
The only lasting side effect of what you have experienced is impotence.;s

You are kidding.. right?

Sugar is your friend. A sugary drink will help, but straight sugar will enter the bloodstream more quickly. A couple of teaspoons or packets will do the trick. :tu

icehog3
04-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I only get nicotine sick when I shoot over 40 for 9.

maninblack
04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I got sick to my stomach after smoking an Immenso, 6x70. Not sure if it was the nicotine or that it tasted like ass.

forgop
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I never heard of the sugar when buzzing/sick from cigars. Wish I had known about that in the past. It would have possibly helped with some really bad cigar buzzes. I felt like I was going to vomit a couple of times.

forgop
04-04-2010, 08:18 PM
tasted like ass.

:r:r:r

T.G
04-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Sugar is your friend. A sugary drink will help...

Like Mexican Coke?

:lv

icehog3
04-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I never heard of the sugar when buzzing/sick from cigars. Wish I had known about that in the past. It would have possibly helped with some really bad cigar buzzes. I felt like I was going to vomit a couple of times.

I usually bring some Reese's PB Cups with me if I am going to smoke several away from home, or grab a (non-diet) Raspberry or other flavor Snapple to sip if I forget the candy.

Stinky
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Today I woke up feeling great, took my little brother out to golf (shot a 38 over 9 ;)) came home, and had a stogie. As the evening progressed I had a Man O' War, a Blue Label, a Players Club, and another Man O' War.. Thats alot for me!

Now, I feel sick, stomach ache, shaky, dizzy and tired... I was wondering if all these cigars, which I smoked in a 6-7 hour period, can make me sick...? I am pretty new to smoking, and haven't had this happen to me before. I was wondering if it could be the cigars.
You played golf on Easter? :tu

RightAJ
04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
'Swayt tay' is the way to go :tu

Sugary drinks will help get rid of the jitters a bit, but just work your way up to the stronger stuff and you won't have these problems (or more rarely at least)

aj

colinb913
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Stinky- Your damn right.. After church of course.. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
04-04-2010, 09:19 PM
'Swayt tay' is the way to go :tu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHiZ15x6Vt4

ScottishSmoker
04-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Huh...according to the brilliant people who keep wikipedia a shining example of crap on the internet...one-half a cigar's worth of nicotine is a fatal dosage to an adult...weird...that means I should be dead anywhere from 8-16 times a day! Also, too sound like a broken record, if you are planning on smoking a lot in a day, treat yourself like a hypoglycemic...and no, I am not knocking hypoglycemics, being one myself...always have a source of sugar around...I prefer dark chocolate or Dr. Pepper....

LOAD OF CRAP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning

sodomanaz
04-05-2010, 09:36 AM
One of the cops at the hotel likes to talk about cigars time to time... he always judges a cigar on what type of diarrhea he gets from it afterwards. I never really have anything to respond to that when he brings that up.

wolfandwhisky
04-05-2010, 09:44 AM

Add copious whisky to heighten the experience!

KenyanSandBoa
04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Wow...I never knew about the sugar thing. That's definitely a helpful hint.

Now that I think of it, I've never really felt sick when I've gone on cigar binges and was drinking mixed drinks like Jack and Coke...looks like I was helping myself out by pouring those extra drinks in the long run. :D

kydsid
04-05-2010, 10:01 AM
One of the cops at the hotel likes to talk about cigars time to time... he always judges a cigar on what type of diarrhea he gets from it afterwards. I never really have anything to respond to that when he brings that up.

Next time he does look him straight in the face and say:

"I already know you are full of it, stop reminding me."

NCRadioMan
04-05-2010, 10:05 AM

What you were feeling was the effects of low blood-sugar. As the others have mentioned, sugar intake is the cure for nicotine overdose.

Starscream
04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I like the V8 splash for sugar. Its got a ton. Rum is also good for it Right Tim?

I think the nicotine sickness is there, but you just don't notice it with rum b/c the rum already has you lightheaded and spinning.:D

alwayslit
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Sugar is your friend. A sugary drink will help, but straight sugar will enter the bloodstream more quickly. A couple of teaspoons or packets will do the trick. :tu.......x2:tu

thatswhatshesaid
04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Me with no food + oliva serie v = sick !!! Worst feeling ever...luckily I love reeses peanut butter cups so I'm set from now on. Nice tips

St. Lou Stu
04-09-2010, 06:28 PM

How in THE hell did I miss this comment?
:r Wow! Yeah, rum will almost make you forget all about it.
I should know.... I smoked an Opus A, Hoyo Double Corona, Monte2... from there it was a blur.... but I didn't get sick.... from nicotine.

I think, at some point, a cat snuck up and **** in my mouth... because I could taste it the next morning.

okieRob
04-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I think, at some point, a cat snuck up and **** in my mouth... because I could taste it the next morning.

:r:r:r:r

darkninja67
04-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Smoke more LFD Chisels and JdN Dark Antanos to build up a tolerance next time.

DPD6030
04-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Just walk outside and vomit :r

neoflex
04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Smoking too many has never made me feel sick but sometimes after a herf I won't even look at a cigar for at least a week. It's not unusual when herfing all day to have my mouth feel like an old baseball mit afterward and the day following. Last herf I was at another person at the place we were having it came up to us and said "I have seen cigarette smokers chain smoke but never saw anyone do it with cigars before today." :D

Rick Fletcher
04-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Smoking too many can make you feel ill. Sometimes I feel a sick after realizing how much was spent after a visit to my favorite smoke shop.