PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Review: Gurkha Regent (Box Pressed)

colinb913
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
The Regent was a beautiful cigar when I first got it. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the line of the 2-3 months in my humi it began to crack. Oh well. There is a gorgeous veinless brown wrapper, encasing Honduras filler tobaccos. The Regent is a medium to full cigar. Beautiful smoke, and a amazing prelight smell.

First Third: upon lighting I got little to no smoke. Throughout the first third, this tapered on and off, making for so far a very boring cigar. Not much to see. Some small puffs of leather reached my tongue, but that was it.

Second Third: Ka bang! On the retrohale I was dominated by strong wood! I mean, STRONG wood. Small leather, but lots of WOOD. Then came the french inhale, that I like to do, and Ka Blam! More wood!

Third third: Hints of chocolate, and straight tobacco come to accompany the wood flavor. Personally, it was a stale chocolate that I didn't much appreciate, and as it wound down, it went into a leather only stage. I think I tasted some floral accents as well.

Over all this was a nice cigar. It didn't give me alot of smoke, but what it did give was amazing.. I would recommend this if you can get it for less than 7.00.

You can find this cigar Here (http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=338).

Taste: 22/25
Construction: 23/25
Draw/Burn:17/25
Smoke: 23/25

Total: 85.

Good smoke if you can find it under $7

PS Sorry no pictures this time.. My phone was dead :(

SmokingPoker
03-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Good info.

I always wonder about those Gurkha's.

hotreds
03-29-2010, 07:53 PM
One of my favs!

tobii3
03-29-2010, 07:58 PM
(looking around sheepishly)

I like these sticks - one of the very few that don't taste like a$$.

smokin5
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
One of the few consistently tasty Gurkhas, IMHO.
Especially good paired with a rum on the rocks.
But $7??!! :confused:
I've NEVER paid more than $2.20 for these (shipped) on CBid.

Razorhog
03-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the review!

colinb913
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
One of the few consistently tasty Gurkhas, IMHO.
Especially good paired with a rum on the rocks.
But $7??!! :confused:
I've NEVER paid more than $2.20 for these (shipped) on CBid.

I got mine in a sampler, and just flipped onto cigar.com and took a look at their prices, some of these were going for $8 and some for $6.

smokin5
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I think Cigars Int'l often has these in multi 5-pack deals for about $3 +/-
Never go by the 'standard' catalog prices, if ya know what I mean.