PDA

View Full Version : Geese

forgop
03-28-2010, 12:59 PM
So, I just bought a house that my back yard butts up against a pond. I will fence in the back yard and because of my dogs being outside, I'm not worried about them in the yard itself. There is a stretch of 20' easement that is "community property" from my understanding and maintained by the HOA, but when I go fishing, I'd like there to be as little goose droppings back there. I've already seen one nested up by a concrete bench in that 20' zone that the last thing I want to deal with is a protective goose of its nest while I'm back there. Is there anything I can do to make my back yard as unpleasing to them as possible?

captain53
03-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a well trained Labrador Retriever and a 12 Gauge, just give me the address and I will make it very undesirable for them next season!

forgop
03-28-2010, 01:15 PM
I have a well trained Labrador Retriever and a 12 Gauge, just give me the address and I will make it very undesirable for them next season!

Unfortunately, a gun isn't a valid option. If I lived in the country, I wouldn't be asking for other alternatives than lead poisoning.

Cigary
03-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Try this Duane...

Get rid of geese with BioDefend's natural Goose Repellent. Our goose control product uses offensive smells and tastes to effectively and safely repel geese and other birds from your yard and garden. Our goose control product contains Extendex, a proprietary formula that magnifies the repelling process and keeps geese away from treated areas for up to 90 days. Our geese repellent is
Effective - has a 100% money back guarantee
Easy to use - available in a ready to use repellent spray
Long lasting - repel birds and geese for up to 90 days
Environmentally friendly and biodegradable
Child and pet safe
A cruelty free pest control that doesn't harm the geese

Smokin Gator
03-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I would use a BB gun and just pop 'em a little to run 'em off!!

Gonesledn
03-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I would use a BB gun and just pop 'em a little to run 'em off!!

i tried that with a squirrel..... but the BB went into is eye and came out its lower jaw. he wasnt runnin off. lol

Rabidsquirrel
03-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd consider bringing up the idea of getting a pair of swans to the HOA. Not much will **** with a mating pair of swans.

Other than that, I've seen a 'dog' painted onto a piece of plywood work.

replicant_argent
03-28-2010, 05:51 PM
A wrist rocket and some shot works well.
It takes a bit of learning for them, but they will go away.
I have a pair that showed up this weekend on my "beach."
They will need some coaxing.

Razorhog
03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Other than that, I've seen a 'dog' painted onto a piece of plywood work.

There is a pond at the hospital where my wife is currently residing. They have a fake wolf out there and the mother goose put her nest 15 feet from it! It is pretty realistic - scared the **** outta me the first time I walked up on it.

hotreds
03-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Geese can be very nasty! I've heard that you can buy a "dead goose" decoy to put into ponds that keeps the rest of the gang away.

Bruins Fan
03-28-2010, 06:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/bigcat988/may2009057.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/bigcat988/paladin_bizcard1.jpg
Libby and I work cheap :D

forgop
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Geese can be very nasty! I've heard that you can buy a "dead goose" decoy to put into ponds that keeps the rest of the gang away.

A goose isn't something I'd really want to mess with unless I had a gun. I guess one attacked my FIL a couple of years ago and he was told they couldn't kill it.