PDA

View Full Version : Cigar night 2night, helpful recs anyone?

SmokingPoker
03-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Okay, so my local store is having a cigar night tonight featuring General Cigar Co. as the vendor and held at the local Italian steak house. For a ten spot I get a free stick (don't know which one or if a choice?), free drink, and a free plate of Italian sausage, ziti and salad.

The featured gars are:

Punch Uppercut
La Gloria
Sancho Panza

There will be discounts on General Cigar products according to advert.
My question is to those that know all the different distributors and what not, what products are General associated with and what should I keep a look out for? Looking for some good recs. and price points (I don't expect any steals, but you never know), any things to hunt for would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.

RevSmoke
03-25-2010, 06:23 AM
The La Glorias are excellent, the Punch Uppercuts are nasty, and if you get Sancho Panzas, send them to Shilala.

CigarNut
03-25-2010, 07:26 AM
:tpd: What he said! La Gloria Cubana is a great cigar! Looking at their websiite General Cigar makes the following:
Bolivar
Canaria d'Oro
Cohiba
Creme de Jamaica
Don Tomás
El Credito International
El Rico Habano
Excalibur
Havana Honeys
Helix
Hoyo de Monterrey
La Gloria Cubana
Macanudo
Partagas
Punch
Rafael Gonzalez
Sancho Panza
Stradivarius
Temple Hall Estates
Upper Cut by Punch
La Escepciôn
While I have not had many of the brands in the above list, there are some very nice cigars here...

NeverEnoughStick
03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Maybe the LGC. I wasn't that pleased with the Uppercut although it is a new look from Punch. Never really been a Sancho Panza fan. But LGC is good regardless of which one.

issues
03-25-2010, 07:36 AM
I personally like and recommend the Cohiba Blacks and XVs (full bodied), Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Sumatra Espresso (mild), Macanudo Diplomat Maduro (mild-medium) and Punch Champion EMS (medium).

The Stradivarius (mild) is also pretty good but waaaaaayyyy over-priced.

SmokingPoker
03-25-2010, 07:37 AM
The Sancho Panza double Maduro is looking interesting.

LGC def if there's a sampler... a solid def.

leasingthisspace
03-25-2010, 07:57 AM
I like the Sancho Panza double Maduro. I don't have a bad S.P. at all.

bishjd123
03-25-2010, 08:01 AM
My vote, La Gloria. I haven't had a variety that I didn't like.

Emjaysmash
03-25-2010, 08:06 AM
LGC. SP's aren't bad, I just think La Gloria might go better with the drinks and dinner.

Darrell
03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Go spend the $10 on a good cigar. :D