PDA

View Full Version : Colibri Rant

bigswol2
03-22-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm just wanted a forum in which to vent my frustration. Why would you after a lengthy conversation tell me to send my virtually unused Trifecta in for repair with an enclosed check for a paltry 7.50. Leave me feeling like my lighter is going to be fixed and returned in three weeks or so... only to send me an invoice for 60.00 dollars for a replacement lighter due to unavailable parts to fix mine. Colibri Stinks!

NCRadioMan
03-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Colibri Stinks!

And has for many years now.

Emjaysmash
03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
:td

captain53
03-22-2010, 04:45 PM
And Colibri went broke too.:banger

$2.96

• Refillable
• Windproof - Great For Sailing And Golf
• Adjustable Flame
• Child Resistant
• Superior Quality
• Excellent For Pipes & Cigars
• One Year Warranty

jdakine
03-22-2010, 04:45 PM
The ones I have had and died, go straight into the trash. I will not buy another Colibri as I could spend $7 on a cheep lighter and have it last about the same time before it breaks down. :td

My Extends have been great:tu

icehog3
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I bought a Colibri lighter once.

ONCE. ;)

Darrell
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM

ONCE. ;)

Same here and it was a pile of ****.

NCRadioMan
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM

ONCE. ;)

http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/103/004329_24.jpg

massphatness
03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/103/004329_24.jpg

My father hung me on a hook once.

ONCE

massphatness
03-22-2010, 05:10 PM
d'oh! :bh

CEC_Tech
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
:tg --->Colibri

okieRob
03-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your issues.

Thanks for letting us know about your frustration. Personally I've never had a colibri and never will. I have a co-worker that tells a story about a brand new lighter that he had to send in for repair. When he got it back it still didn't work.

:td

Blueface
03-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear but...................
:r

The laughter is that I have yet to meet someone that has had a Colibri long term, with little to no issues.
Every one I have had has taken a dump and they were $100 + lighters.

Neuromancer
03-22-2010, 07:20 PM

The laughter is that I have yet to meet someone that has had a Colibri long term, with little to no issues.

Wellll, my Colibri torch lighters sucked, however, I have two or three Colibri Morpheous's (pipe & cigar lighter in one) and they all have been working great...that's the one that if you press the button one way you get a 45 degree soft flame to light a pipe and if you press it the other way you get a small torch for a cigar...

VirtualSmitty
03-22-2010, 07:21 PM

I think Dustin has the only one good Colibri ever made. I've made the mistake of purchasing three over the years and they were all garbage.

Commander Quan
03-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Mine must have been a lemon because it did actually work.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:pJ6OhM5tullfLM:http://www.titaniumkay.com/images/lighter/QTR752001.jpg

I carried this thing around for a couple years. All the paint was warn off from rubbing against keys in my pocket, and it worked like a champ every time. And then I lost it. :bh

TheRiddick
03-22-2010, 08:25 PM

I have two. One was bought in '97, the second in early '07. Both work flawlessly (I do use Blazer fuel).

I guess I have to count myself lucky.

Tripp
03-22-2010, 08:28 PM
I think mine must be a lemon too. I've had a Colibri Firebird for about 2 years, and its been working great the entire time...... Though it is the 3rd Colibri I had, and has outlasted the others 10 fold.

SmokeyJoe
03-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Patrick... that is so wrong!

Have you tried the Z-Plus insert you won at the herf at your house? Not a bad lighter (once you get the zippo case for it.) :ss

mithrilG60
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM

I've got a Colibri Vortex 2 that I've had for 3 years now that's never given me any issues. Lights every time on the first or second click. It was my primary lighter for the forst 2 years, but now that's gone over to my EverTorch.

elderboy02
03-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Colibri sucks. I bought a brand new one when I first got into cigars and it worked exactly twice. I didn't send it back. Then they went bankrupt because they suck.

Now, they are making Colibri cutters. Guess, what I'm not buying one.

Colibri will never get another penny off of me.

Salvelinus
03-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Glad to know I should avoid these.

TheRiddick
03-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Colibri sucks. I bought a brand new one when I first got into cigars and it worked exactly twice. I didn't send it back. Then they went bankrupt because they suck.

Now, they are making Colibri cutters. Guess, what I'm not buying one.

Colibri will never get another penny off of me.

It is under new ownership/management now with brand new products and I am guessing (OK, I am sure) new quality control as well.

elderboy02
03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
It is under new ownership/management now with brand new products and I am guessing (OK, I am sure) new quality control as well.

I don't give 2nd chances to a company that closes up shop without telling anyone. F them. I will buy my chinese $2.74 lighters from deal extreme.

TheRiddick
03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I don't give 2nd chances to a company that closes up shop without telling anyone. F them. I will buy my chinese $2.74 lighters from deal extreme.

Hmmm... I just ordered some $2.74s last week myself, but I am not sure how one can judge new management based on the stupidity done by old one. If anything, they should be applauded for re-hiring the workers (giving them jobs, that is, instead of unemployment and then what?) or sending jobs overseas.

But I guess I have a very skewed sense of what's right, so I apologize for butting in...

bigswol2
03-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Patrick... that is so wrong!

Have you tried the Z-Plus insert you won at the herf at your house? Not a bad lighter (once you get the zippo case for it.) :ss

It's sitting here on my desk. Between my Lotus t3, Ronson, and Xikar I haven't bought a Zippo.

bigswol2
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Hmmm... I just ordered some $2.74s last week myself, but I am not sure how one can judge new management based on the stupidity done by old one. If anything, they should be applauded for re-hiring the workers (giving them jobs, that is, instead of unemployment and then what?) or sending jobs overseas.

But I guess I have a very skewed sense of what's right, so I apologize for butting in...

Well maybe the new management should have changed the name instead of trying to pump life into a dead cow. My problem is that the new customer service line is who diagnosed and told me to send the lighter in for repair. Without so much as a phone call I was greeted at the mailbox not with my repaired lighter but with an invoice to purchase a new lighter for 60 dollars...because they don't have the parts....come on now. I guess since that 40% off of the 100 dollar lighter I sent in maybe thats a good deal.

Uhhh nevermind getting the brakes fixed on that Toyota just close down and re-open and say you don't have the parts and everything will be fine...

GreekGodX
03-23-2010, 02:27 AM
I've never had a problem with my colibri. I did lose it, but recently found it again. I don't use it because my blazer is oh so much better :)

kenstogie
03-23-2010, 04:49 AM
I've had 3 or 4 colibri's and they all SUCK. In fact I wouldve rather paid Colibri not to buy them and recouped all the efforts of trying to get them to work.
Posted via Mobile Device

RevSmoke
03-23-2010, 06:36 AM
I have a Colibri flint wheel type lighter that I bought somewhere in the early 1980s. Works like a champ - still. It is a soft flame, and I use it more for my pipe than my cigars, but it has been faithful for a long time. It is always with me for when the torch runs out of butane.

It is the torch style lighter that has problems. Oh, and their pocket pen style lighter.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

e-man67
03-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Had one and it worked for approx 2 months and failed..never again.

taltos
03-23-2010, 09:44 AM

But I guess I have a very skewed sense of what's right, so I apologize for butting in...The people who were rehired are the ones who were making crappy lighters under the old management. Maybe new workers should have come with the new management.

weak_link
03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
The pens are nice. Haven't had the best of luck w/ the lighters.

chris66
03-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Ive had my Colibri lighters for years. Never had an issue with them, but then again I only buy traditional flame lighters. Windproof lighters clog to easy. I wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for one.