PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Europe

mariogolbee
03-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I scanned the "shipping" threads and did not find the info I seek. I apologize if this is out there somewhere are already and I'm sure this topic has come up before.

I am shipping around 20 sticks across the sea and am wondering the best way and courier to do so with. In the past I've sent less than 10 sticks in a USPS Priority envelope with no problem. I don't think the 20ish sticks would fit comfortably in the same envelope though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mariogolbee
03-20-2010, 01:37 PM
bump

T.G
03-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Figure out the weight of your cigars, humidification device (if any), packing and check the USPS international priority (http://ircalc.usps.gov/) and see if would be cheaper to use your own box or to move up to the medium flat rate box. If getting to an accurate scale is a problem, just guestimate: IIRC, cigars weigh on the average 1/2 to 1oz each depending on the size. A 12"x12" sheet of bubble wrap is about 1/2 oz.

In most, if not all cases, the USPS will beat the price of any of the private carriers (FedEX, DHL, UPS) by a significant margin.

Mugen910
03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I think Jordan did a thread about shipping to Europe...something like placing the sticks on a smaller (video cassette) sized USPS box and then placing that box inside a USPS flat rate envelope and taping that sucker down. I think it ends up costing only about $8-$10.

mariogolbee
03-20-2010, 02:18 PM
I think Jordan did a thread about shipping to Europe...something like placing the sticks on a smaller (video cassette) sized USPS box and then placing that box inside a USPS flat rate envelope and taping that sucker down. I think it ends up costing only about $8-$10.

Thanks. I've done that before but I don't find the envelopes to hold many more than 10 sticks. Especially with small box inside. That way seemed to be easy though.

Thanks Adam.