PDA

View Full Version : Bauer hockey stick recall

DragonMan
03-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Just found out about this today and, after being on hold for over an hour, Joseph's new stick is on the way.

"Bauer recalls 13 brands of junior and youth sticks because of high lead paint levels. Anyone who still has any of the sticks in question can call (888) 734-0443 in Canada or the United States and, in exchange for his/her existing stick, will receive an “elite level” stick from Bauer at no cost."

This is the list of hockey sticks that have been recalled:

* Nike Bauer Supreme One90 Youth and Junior stick, including shafts and replacement blades.

* Nike Bauer Supreme Junior One50 Junior stick, including shafts and replacement blades.

* Nike Bauer Supreme One40 Junior stick.

* Nike Bauer Supreme One70 Junior stick.

* Nike Bauer/Bauer Supreme One75 Junior player and goalie stick.

* Nike Bauer/Bauer Vapor XX Junior player and goalie stick.

* Nike Bauer Supreme LTX Junior stick.

* Nike Bauer Apollo Junior stick.

* Nike Quest Apollo Junior blade.

* Nike Bauer Supreme Force Junior stick.

* Nike Bauer Vapor XVI Junior stick.

* Nike Bauer Vapor XXX Lite “Woody” Junior stick.

* Nike Bauer Supreme Accel Junior stick.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/32240-Bauer-recalls-13-brands-of-junior-and-youth-sticks-because-of-high-lead-paint-levels.html

http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Fantasy/fantasy-dragon-11.gif

Sanchy
03-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing all these sticks were manufactured in China?

sikk50
03-18-2010, 02:03 PM
When I played pee wee hockey all I used were bauer I think. Oh well lead was good for you when I was little anyway

T.G
03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
When I played pee wee hockey all I used were bauer I think. Oh well lead was good for you when I was little anyway

Because every kid today all of a suddden just started chewing on their hockey stick...

mosesbotbol
03-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Sticks were made of unpainted wood when I was kid.

BigFrank
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
made in china

check the labels brothers support american / canadian business

T.G
03-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Sticks were made of unpainted wood when I was kid.

So you must have gotten a lot of splinters in your gums and lips when you chewed on them, right?

J0eybb
03-18-2010, 03:00 PM
My ccm was made in china. I used a black marker now its just made. j/k

icehog3
03-18-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm a Sherwood man myself.

bobarian
03-18-2010, 04:16 PM
LOLOLOL, Its like they think hockey and brain damage are two mutually exclusive events! :D:ih:bx

icehog3
03-18-2010, 04:21 PM
LOLOLOL, Its like they think hockey and brain damage are two mutually exclusive events! :D:ih:bx

D'oh!! :r

GHC_Hambone
03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
My ccm was made in china. I used a black marker now its just made. j/k

I actually had to do a similar thing, I wanted to try a Pronger curve stick, but I hate the guy. So after a little white-out it wasn't a Pronger stick anymore :D

bobarian
03-18-2010, 04:49 PM
D'oh!! :r

Present company excluded, of course. :D

Eleven
03-18-2010, 08:10 PM
My 11 year old broke his $160 reebok stick the other day. We aren't dropping cash like that again til next regular season starts.

It was a nice pro-level slapshot, he wasn't screwing around or anything. Snapped that puppy clean in half just below the half way point, not down near the blade which was weird.

I kinda wish we had one of those recalled sticks, might have been able to finesse a new one but it looks like he is stuck with crappy 2 year old sticks til next season!

Wanger
03-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Saw plenty of snapped sticks last night at the UND/Minnesota Duluth Final 5 game. A vicious one by UND D-man Ben Blood snapped at the midpoint on an attempted slapper from the blue line. He had that baby lined up for a rocket, and...DOH!

JohnnyKay5
03-19-2010, 06:16 AM
my goalie sticks were bauer for a little while then i switched to sherwood. Hey, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger