PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Candy Recall

N2Advnture
10-31-2008, 07:51 AM
There is a new warning put out by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency....

Sherwood brand Pirate's Gold Milk Chocolate coins are being recalled due to the fact that they contain Melamine, the ingredient in milk product that has caused many infant (and dog) deaths in china.

These candies are sold at Costco, as well as many bulk and dollar stores.

PIRATE COINS (wrapped in the shiny gold foil).

See this site for more information.

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp

taltos
10-31-2008, 08:48 AM
I saw this on the news the other night. One key thing to keep in mind is that Costco stores in the US did not sell this product, Canada only.

Clampdown
10-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Im sure their socialized health care will take care of those who get sick. Thanks Mark for the info,

kaisersozei
10-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Too bad they can't recall the Pirate's Gold cigars, too. :pu

zmancbr
10-31-2008, 10:04 AM
im sure their socialized health care will take care of those who get sick. Thanks mark for the info,

lol....:d

Starscream
10-31-2008, 03:14 PM
My wife just told me about this. We've got a stash of these milk chocolate coins and have been eating them like crazy. No bad effects on us and the kids, but you can't be too safe. Threw 'em all out today. Don't let your kids eat any if they get 'em in their bag tonight.

Skywalker
10-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Pirate's Gold in any language spells trouble!!!:hn

Bear
10-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Im sure their socialized health care will take care of those who get sick. Thanks Mark for the info,

Seriously...? :confused: :(

The above statement would be a terrible thing to have hang over you if God forbid something did happen... :2

GWN
10-31-2008, 07:49 PM
I saw this on the news the other night. One key thing to keep in mind is that Costco stores in the US did not sell this product, Canada only.

Keep in mind it's a U.S. company and the product may turn up down south as well. Like someone else said, I'd toss any coins that show up in the kids' bags tonight. It's just not worth the risk.

ucla695
10-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the warning Mark! It's especially important to know this around this time of year.

I'm sure there will be other recalls in the US. Let's just hope things work out for the best.