PDA

View Full Version : Casillas Cigars

Blueface
03-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Anyone know these folks?
I am in Roseville, CA for a three tight filled business days but was hoping to run over there tomorrow during a break.
Spoke to them today. They are from my homeland and the guy recognized my South Florida area code and off we went talking Spanish ala Cuban.
Their prices seem reasonable and figured I could pick up a sampler to continue to explore new cigars as I travel.
Seems all reviews on Yelp are very good.
Apparently Arnold the Governator likes their Presidente.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Blueface
03-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Anyone know these folks?
I am in Roseville, CA for a three tight filled business days but was hoping to run over there tomorrow during a break.
Spoke to them today. They are from my homeland and the guy recognized my South Florida area code and off we went talking Spanish ala Cuban.
Their prices seem reasonable and figured I could pick up a sampler to continue to explore new cigars as I travel.
Seems all reviews on Yelp are very good.
Apparently Arnold the Governator likes their Presidente.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Forgot to mention, seems they only sell their custom blends and no other brands so I am prepared to get stuff I have never seen or tasted.

Darrell
03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
You're in Roseville and you didn't tell any of the BABOTL?

You no good rat bastard. :D

Blueface
03-16-2010, 04:21 PM
You're in Roseville and you didn't tell any of the BABOTL?

You no good rat bastard. :D

Sorry,

Learned of this trip at the last minute last week and had a hectic few days in between.
I didn't even have a chance to grab a smoke as I ran out the door at 4 in the morning for my flight.
I noted some folks in the Sacramento area but realized this would not be a trip leaving me much time in between to do anything.
If I can make it to this place tomorrow, will have to do a rush trip over there and back to the office, then head out of town on Thursday morning for an all day trip back home.

Now you are not in the area, right? San Jose is a while away as I have been there.

Darrell
03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Now you are not in the area, right? San Jose is a while away as I have been there.

Well, I'm not right down the street. I could make the drive!

Blueface
03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, I'm not right down the street. I could make the drive!

I wouldn't want to do that to you Darrell or anyone.
That has got to be a two and a half hour drive at least and I am really tight for time due to the work involved and the folks I have to be with in the evening.
I wish this was one of those where I get there a day early as I am doing with Ft. Worth in April. That gives me time to hang out or move scheduling around.
I am thinking of just driving by to pick up the sticks and take them back home with me. Just hate buying stuff I never tried and waiting for some day when I get back to try them.

Darrell
03-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Well maybe next time Carlos. :sad

Blueface
03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Well maybe next time Carlos. :sad

Absolutely.
One thing I have always enjoyed about my travels is getting to meet up with so many BOTLs and enjoy a great time.
My collection of cities is quite a long one now.
Whenever I can't, it sucks for sure.
I rather be hanging smoking a cigar with you then baby sitting the group.

bobarian
03-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Casillas is a long time Sacramento area shop. They roll some of their own and I believe also import some rolled stock. There are a couple of guys in the area hopefully they will be able to meet up with you there for a smoke or two. :tu

TheRiddick
03-16-2010, 04:58 PM
You'd be better off going to Cardenas, they are real close to each other and actually Cardenas is much easier to get to (and from what I've heard, better cigars as well). Cuban family runs this one as well. Its the same exit for Cardenas and Tower Cigars off of 80 (15th Street), NorCalMark runs Tower and is a board member here.

We were at Cardenas about 2 weeks ago and shelves were somewhat empty, they didn't know when they would get more stock.

Either way, if you can make it to either Cardenas or Tower after work, a few of us can probably meet you there.

Blueface
03-16-2010, 05:16 PM
You'd be better off going to Cardenas, they are real close to each other and actually Cardenas is much easier to get to (and from what I've heard, better cigars as well). Cuban family runs this one as well. Its the same exit for Cardenas and Tower Cigars off of 80 (15th Street), NorCalMark runs Tower and is a board member here.

We were at Cardenas about 2 weeks ago and shelves were somewhat empty, they didn't know when they would get more stock.

Either way, if you can make it to either Cardenas or Tower after work, a few of us can probably meet you there.

Man I would love to but unless things change last minute tomorrow, doesn't seem I can get away.
Tonight is definitely out.
Will post tomorrow if any chance to hang out.