PDA

View Full Version : PIPE tobacco review forms?

Curly Cut
03-15-2010, 03:37 PM
do you use them?
if you had one, would you use one?
do you really give a rip what the tin it came in looks like?

i'm asking cuz i like to use "forms", i'm a little OCD at times, when my ADD isn't kicking its ass. :su

anywho, we use to use one prior to CA over on CS (http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/pipe-related-reviews/113615-pipes-blind-review-1-a.html#post1236402)...
i've also noticed the one that they have in pdf format at the NASPC site (http://www.naspc.org/images/tobacco%20rating%20form.pdf)...

that last one had me in stitches... really... what in the flyin fluck is "sidestream aroma" and why on earth would it come into play in your ratings?

so, a few weeks ago i told myself i'd work on another tobacco review form.
here's what i worked up this afternoon. i know i need to fix a couple things, but feel free to critique it to all hell. let me know if there's categories you would add, take off, if i misspelled something, etc, etc.
this is just a print screen of the Excel spreadsheet i made, and i can't upload that because vbulletin won't allow it. chose Excel because then it can add up all the scores for you and give you the overall rating... and you can type your small comments in the cells without messing up the rest of the form (i know Word can do that too).

fire away.

kgoings
03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Thats cool! Is there a form for cigars too?

Curly Cut
03-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Thats cool! Is there a form for cigars too?

uh...... :confused:

no, i made this for pipe tobacco.

kgoings
03-15-2010, 03:58 PM
uh...... :confused:

no, i made this for pipe tobacco.

No biggie, I smoke both. Looks like a great tool.

Commander Quan
03-15-2010, 04:47 PM
How about a category for the moisture level?

Curly Cut
03-15-2010, 08:14 PM
No biggie, I smoke both. Looks like a great tool.
so do i, i just haven't written a review on a cigar in about 5-7 years now.
those are pretty straight forward... where some pipe tobacco review forms border on asinine.

How about a category for the moisture level?
would you want that in the non-graded area?

Commander Quan
03-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Probably the non graded area. I just know that I prefer my tobacco pretty dry, so if the moisture was a 4 out of 5 I would possibly expect something different when it is a 2 out of 5.