PDA

View Full Version : Nestor Miranda Dominicano Rosado Robusto Grande

Scott1966
03-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Nestor Miranda Dominicano Rosado Robusto Grande - 5.5 X 54. Wrapper - Dominican Rosado, Binder - Nicargua, Filler Nicaragua. This is a very well balanced and very complex cigar that starts off medium but is full-bodied by the end. Initial taste is a woody, oak with a slight spiceness flavor that quickly becomes a sweet caramel and creamy coffee flavor with the spice increasing. I expected the sweetness from a Rosado wrapper, but the strong spice pleasantly surprised me. Very complex cigar that kept the sweet caramel, creamy coffee & woody flavor throughout with a nice kick of spice all at the same time. Because the cigar is so well balanced, the flavors worked really well together. Very nice long finish of sweet caramel and spice. Towards the end of the cigar, the only change was that the predominate flavors were that of dark coffee, spice and some sweet woody notes. Definitely full bodied towards the end of this cigar. Construction, burn and draw were perfect. I have to say that this is a fantastic cigar that I highly recommend trying.

pinotguy
03-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the review.

Have these been officially released? What are they running per stick?

issues
03-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Great review Scott! :tu

I can't wait to give them a try...

kelmac07
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Nice review...thanks for sharing. :tu

Scott1966
03-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the review.

Have these been officially released? What are they running per stick?

They are being released this Friday 3/19. I don't know what the pricepoint is on these. A really enjoyable cigar! :)

maverickdrinker
03-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the review. Was thinking about these when I was at my B&M on Sunday. This is the new blend from Pepin and Nestor right?

Might have to pick one up to try this week.

Scott1966
03-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the review. Was thinking about these when I was at my B&M on Sunday. This is the new blend from Pepin and Nestor right?

Might have to pick one up to try this week.

Yep, Pepin blended it for Nestor. The wrapper is acutally from the same seed/farm as the La Aurora Cien Anos, but this batch is from the 2005/2006 crop.

BeerAdvocate
03-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Sounds like my kind of cigar. I cant wait to try a few! Thanks for the review