PDA

View Full Version : 82nd Annual Academy Awards

Starscream
03-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Any thoughts and comments on last nights awards? I thought Cameron got robbed for best director, and although I liked the Blindside, I didn't think Sandra Bullock was deserving of Best Female in a Lead role (I do like me some Sandra Bullock though:tu).

AD720
03-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Very happy for Bridges - that was a performance of a lifetime.

The John Hughes memorial was exceptional.

captain53
03-08-2010, 09:47 AM
You mean somebody outside Hollywood and New York City actually watches this stuff?

Mugen910
03-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I thought Martin and Baldwin were very funny...I've only seen Avatar so I cannot comment about who should have won.

MortonMilo
03-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Hurt Locker!

Blueface
03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Talk about the ultimate revenge........
Divorce him........
Take lots of money..........
Beat him at the Oscar...........

Too funny!!!

MortonMilo
03-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Have yet to see Avatar, but Hurt Locker stands on its own as an excellent movie.

Kreth
03-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I rhink the new 45-second rule on speeches was pretty selectively enforced. Best Art Direction or Best Foreign Language Film got about 30 seconds before STFU and get off the stage. The winners of the "big 3" all had several minutes.
I also thought the end of the show was kind of anticlimactic. Here comes Tom Hanks, "And the winner is... The Hurt Locker." It took me a second to realize what category it was. Maybe they did it that way because of the vignettes about each nominated picture throughout the show, but it seemed strange to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
I'd rather hear several minutes from the Big 3 than 10 seconds from the "Achievement in Costume Innovation in a Foreign Documentary", etc. ;)

Not a big fan of Cameron the man, though his films are good....wasn't sad to see him lose.

Starscream
03-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd rather hear several minutes from the Big 3 than 10 seconds from the "Achievement in Costume Innovation in a Foreign Documentary", etc. ;)

I thought that part went very well. The big three should have their moment; the rest notsomuch. Not that they aren't important, but most people watch the Oscars for the big three and could care less about the rest.

I also agree with the John Hughes tribute being exceptional.:tu