PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Day

cort
03-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Well to make a long story short, someone broke into my truck today and stole all my tools, cd's and my Ipod. The cd's were all burnt copies so whatever and the ipod, well I have another one but the tools are a killer. I am a electrician and I need my tools to do my job. They just jammed a screwdriver or something like it in the keyhole and popped it right open. I am so ****in pissed right now.

G G
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy.:td boo to the thieves

Darrell
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
:td

That sucks man. Sorry to hear it.

Commander Quan
03-04-2010, 05:51 PM
People like this suck. This has happened to me twice in the last year so I know how you feel. :td

kelmac07
03-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Sorry to hear Gary.

gettysburgfreak
03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
sorry to hear that man, you and me both had shitty luck with cars today

shilala
03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
That's gonna piss you off, Gare-bear. Sorry, brother.
Shake it off and go buy some more tools. If you stay pissed, the terrorists win. Plus you'll be miserable. Bad enough they stole your tools, don't let them steal your happiness. :tu

cort
03-04-2010, 06:02 PM
That's gonna piss you off, Gare-bear. Sorry, brother.
Shake it off and go buy some more tools. If you stay pissed, the terrorists win. Plus you'll be miserable. Bad enough they stole your tools, don't let them steal your happiness. :tu

You should be a therapist Scott. That's why I posted this, because I knew my brothers would know how to make me feel better. The tools are definitely replaceable but it's gonna be pricey. I will have to start with the essentials and just start all over collecting bits and pieces here and there.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

CasaDooley
03-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Gary. Heres hopin Karma catches em in the ass!:mad:

massphatness
03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Azzwipes! That sucks, Gary.

What's the insurance situation?

Darrell
03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
You should be a therapist Scott. That's why I posted this, because I knew my brothers would know how to make me feel better. The tools are definitely replaceable but it's gonna be pricey. I will have to start with the essentials and just start all over collecting bits and pieces here and there.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Insurance should hook you up?

captain53
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I got my tools stolen out of my car parked at the hospital on Christmas Day about 15 years ago while visiting my Mother and I am still pissed off about it. No Good MF'n dopehead thieves....... But Shilala has the best advice.

cort
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
I called and left a message with my insurance peeps but they probably wont call me till tomorrow.

Smokin Gator
03-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Bastages... but dont' let it get ya down. Have a drink, a good stick, and be glad you have tomorrow to look forward to with God's blessings.

cort
03-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I got my tools stolen out of my car parked at the hospital on Christmas Day about 15 years ago while visiting my Mother and I am still pissed off about it. No Good MF'n dopehead thieves....... But Shilala has the best advice.

Yup. It's such a terrible feeling. I know it's not the end of the world but Damn it still pisses me off. It was almost certainly dopehead bastards!

longknocker
03-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Sorry To Hear This, Gary.:mad: Reminds Me Of A Time "Many Years Ago", When, As A Poor Student, Someone Stole The Battery Out Of My Car. I Slept In The Car All Nite After I Bought A New Battery Several Days Later, Just Waiting For Them To Come Back. Of Course, I Only Hurt Myself, As They Never Showed Up.:hn Grab Yourself A Good Stick & Beverage & Try To Forget About It, My Friend.:tu

cort
03-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Bastages... but dont' let it get ya down. Have a drink, a good stick, and be glad you have tomorrow to look forward to with God's blessings.

Sorry To Hear This, Gary.:mad: Reminds Me Of A Time "Many Years Ago", When, As A Poor Student, Someone Stole The Battery Out Of My Car. I Slept In The Car All Nite After I Bought A New Battery Several Days Later, Just Waiting For Them To Come Back. Of Course, I Only Hurt Myself, As They Never Showed Up.:hn Grab Yourself A Good Stick & Beverage & Try To Forget About It, My Friend.:tu

Thanks guys. A drink and cigar are in my near future

pnoon
03-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear that, Gary.

Let me know if there is anything I can do - even if it's just a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen.

St. Lou Stu
03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys. A drink and cigar are in my near future

Gary, stake out Craigslist for tools that may match yours.
If you see something that is suspicious, contact the local lawman.

Its a stretch, but I have had friends recover automotive tools this way.

Also, if you have the time, peek in the local pawn shops and notify them if you see something that is yours. In most cases they are bound by law to surrender stolen goods.

Trouble
03-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Check local pawn shops. They are required to get ID so you can have the thieves busted if you find the tools.

cort
03-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear that, Gary.

Let me know if there is anything I can do - even if it's just a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen.

Thanks Pete. I great big bear hug might help;) Smoke one for me tonight bro and I will feel much better.

cort
03-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Gary, stake out Craigslist for tools that may match yours.
If you see something that is suspicious, contact the local lawman.

Its a stretch, but I have had friends recover automotive tools this way.

Also, if you have the time, peek in the local pawn shops and notify them if you see something that is yours. In most cases they are bound by law to surrender stolen goods.

Will do. Thanks

bvilchez
03-04-2010, 06:27 PM
That's some total BULLSH!T!!!!!! I can't stand thieves. If there's anything I can do, i.e. lend you some tools to start off with, let me know.

cort
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
That's some total BULLSH!T!!!!!! I can't stand thieves. If there's anything I can do, i.e. lend you some tools to start off with, let me know.

Much appreciated Jay but I have enough guys on my job site to bum stuff off of. Gonna hit the Depot tonight and get the necessities.

mariogolbee
03-04-2010, 06:41 PM
That sucks big time.

shilala
03-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Much appreciated Jay but I have enough guys on my job site to bum stuff off of. Gonna hit the Depot tonight and get the necessities.
Make up a list of stuff you need, Gare. I have about ten of everything. There's buckets of handtools I can't see the bottoms of. I'll dig around and send whatever I can find. It'll motivate me to clean the shop, too. :D

hotreds
03-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear, brother! I agree to be proactive and look in the places mentioned for the tools. You didn't perchance ID them in anyway did you? I actaully met a photog that put streaks of paint on his very expensive cameras and lenses so that he would know if someone stole them- and to prevent anyone from doing just that.

Like Scott said, relax and have a stogie and don't let the bastages win! As hard as it is, that's the best advice. And, hopefully you have good insurance peeps and will be none the worse for wear sooner rather than later. Best wishes to ya!

Commander Quan
03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure what your stuff was worth, but if it is significantly more than your deductible, your homeowners policy should covers the stolen items.

RevSmoke
03-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Hopefully you did a police report? There may possibility that this is recoverable.

Also, your insurance should be able to work with you to replace items stolen.

I know your pain.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Mpython24
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear that man =( Total bummer.

TFULLERY
03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you bro...

cort
03-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes I filed a police report and will talk to my insurance people tomorrow. After talkin to a bunch of you guys along with my "other" family I am feeling much better. I know everything will work out and I am not gonna let those sumb!tches ruin my weekend.

icehog3
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Hope the insurance works out for you Gary, and hope the POS gets caught. You have a great attitude and I know you will not let this drag you down.

floydpink
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear that Gary.

I hate thieves, and was watching a sad story on the news today, and they were showing a guy in Daytona who trailered his custom Harley from Canada for Bike Week, and had it stolen today outside a bar. He looked understandably upset and it was the 6th theft this week.

They should cut these scumbag's nuts off if they get caught.

pnoon
03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks Pete. I great big bear hug might help;) Smoke one for me tonight bro and I will feel much better.

I did, Brother.

Jbailey
03-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Sorry to hear Gary.

Just a bunch of @ssbags.

GreekGodX
03-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Sorry to hear about this :td People that steal really upsets me. Luckily no one was hurt and hopefully insurance will make this right. Brighter days to come for sure :tu

Bruzee
03-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Gary, I'm sorry dude... That blows. Gimme a holler sometime.

Blindjimme
03-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Gary, so sorry to hear this Brother. These azzwipes will get what they have coming someday. You move on with your life and forget about them. :tu

cort
03-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Gary, so sorry to hear this Brother. These azzwipes will get what they have coming someday. You move on with your life and forget about them. :tu

I already have JB. I am a happy go lucky kinda guy and there really isn't much that keeps me down for long, life is too short anyways. I was at work yesterday tellin all the guys about it and started feeling pretty upset again, then at the end of the day 2 of the guys on my crew and a couple guys from some other trades got laid off with no new job to go to. That would have been way worse than getting my tools stolen.

I figure it to be about $800 to replace everything that got stolen and I am just gonna start over with it. Get the important stuff this weekend and start collecting slowly but surely from there.

My Insurance is workin on what they can do but the process is gonna take a couple of days so I have my fingers crossed on that.

Thanks again for all the kind words and motivation guys. :l

pnoon
03-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I already have JB. I am a happy go lucky kinda guy and there really isn't much that keeps me down for long, life is too short anyways. I was at work yesterday tellin all the guys about it and started feeling pretty upset again, then at the end of the day 2 of the guys on my crew and a couple guys from some other trades got laid off with no new job to go to. That would have been way worse than getting my tools stolen.

I figure it to be about $800 to replace everything that got stolen and I am just gonna start over with it. Get the important stuff this weekend and start collecting slowly but surely from there.

My Insurance is workin on what they can do but the process is gonna take a couple of days so I have my fingers crossed on that.

Thanks again for all the kind words and motivation guys. :l
Such a great outlook, Gary.
As I like to remind myself, "The glass is always half full."

ucla695
03-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Sorry to hear about this Gary. I hope your insurance comes thru for you and they catch that SOB! Although it sucks, sounds like you have a great attitude about it and that's half the battle. Hang in there man.

rennD
03-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Hope this works out for you brother.

Skywalker
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Sorry this happened to you Brother!!!

It sucks when bad things happen to good people!!!:(

jwintosh
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
wow Gary,,, just saw this. so sorry to hear....

nater
03-07-2010, 03:12 PM
What sort of tools are you looking to replace, I maybe able to help you out with a loan of tools.

Salvelinus
03-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Such a bad feeling to get stuff stolen from you. Good to see you have such a positive outlook.

We got a guy on camera breaking into my truck in the work parking lot, right after coming in to apply for a job. Some people just can't help themselves I guess. Hope they all get whats coming.