PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks sticks to it's guns.

Bruins Fan
03-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Kudos to you Starbucks :tu
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/28/starbucks-gun-policy-refu_n_480062.html

BigFrank
03-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Funny too see with Starbucks being associated with the Left side. I find it even funnier that some stores think that they are above State Laws.

longknocker
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Good For Starbucks!:banger I Love Their Coffee & Friendly Staff, Too!:tu

kgoings
03-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Funny too see with Starbucks being associated with the Left side. I find it even funnier that some stores think that they are above State Laws.

Not trying to start a political arguement, but I dont think it is that some stores think they are above State Laws. Its Free Market, it is exactly what we as cigar smokers want! Lift the smoking bans, and let the individually owned businesses decided if they want our business or not. The smokers will find the places that appreciate and allow smokers, and not frequent those who dont...thats the beauty of Free Market.

Thrak
03-04-2010, 05:40 PM
brady campaign distortions make me sick...

G G
03-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Kudos to Starbucks. In the state of Florida some businesses post signs that say "no firearms allowed". They carry absolutely no weight of the law. If they see you carrying a firearm (mind you Florida has no open carry) they can ask you to leave and if you refuse then you can be arrested for armed trespass. The big thing about that though is if you are carrying correctly they will never know it to ask you to leave in the first place. Secondly I would prolly not shop at a place that tries to limit my 2nd ammendment rights.:tu

shilala
03-04-2010, 05:54 PM
brady campaign distortions make me sick...
I already had this copied to paste...
The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has responded by circulating a petition that soon attracted 26,000 signatures demanding that Starbucks "offer espresso shots, not gunshots"
That's because the people doing lawfully what is their constitutional right to do have been firing their guns in Starbucks?
It's exactly statements like that, full of mistruth and deception, that immediately discredits any organization, in my eyes.
If they can't stand on the Truth, they clearly have nothing.

captain53
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Good For Starbucks!:banger I Love Their Coffee & Friendly Staff, Too!:tu

:tpd:

G G
03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
A couple of years ago, Florida changed some statutes that basically makes it lawful to meet force with force in the street. The brady nuts placed a bilboard no too far from Lake City Florida on interstate 75 claiming Florida would become the wild west with the passages of this law. We used it for target practice.:tu

G G
03-04-2010, 06:12 PM
We can also have a loaded gun in our cars in Florida without a permit. And there isn't a registry in Florida either. If the brady morons were right there would be at least 12000 killings every day in Florida but there isn't. More guns less crime.:tu

Smokin Gator
03-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I carry nearly everywhere. If it is a public place that doesn't allow me to then I won't, but I won't go there if I don't have to. I am certainly not going to give them my business.

G G
03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I carry nearly everywhere. If it is a public place that doesn't allow me to then I won't, but I won't go there if I don't have to. I am certainly not going to give them my business.
A personal choice we all have to make, but you have broken no laws if you do carry until they see it and ask you to leave. And if it is concealed (which it must be to satisfy your CCW) then what they don't know wont hurt them. Most of em just post those signs to limit their liability anyway. But I don't give them my business either.

Col. Kurtz
03-04-2010, 06:45 PM
We can also have a loaded gun in our cars in Florida without a permit. And there isn't a registry in Florida either. If the brady morons were right there would be at least 12000 killings every day in Florida but there isn't. More guns less crime.:tu

I seem to remember thugs in Fl. hunting folks in rent-a-cars. A few well armed sheep would have stopped that pretty quick.

I don't really have a point. ;s

J0eybb
03-04-2010, 07:18 PM
I never would have expected a starbucks to do this.......

http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/bravo.jpg