PDA

View Full Version : AF Anejo Line

papichulo
03-01-2010, 08:54 AM
This year's release is horrible. For years the #46 and the Shark have been my favorite over all AFs, to include the DC and Opus line (post 2005). The finish was metallic and had an ammonia taste. Not only that they burned hot. I also noticed AF released more than their usual (I believe is 50K) per year. Please share your thoughts.

muhren
03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Haven't tried this years...make me curious to hear from folks who have. I'm normally quite a fan of the Anejos!

neoflex
03-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I have some Sharks and 55s from this year but don't smoke them until they have rested at least a year kind of like Opus. Now you have me curious and I may need to torch one and see if mine fit your description. Hope not...

Monte214
03-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I purchased a few of the sharks, and actually smoked one the other day, and to be honest i thought it was a phenomenal smoke, did not notice a tinny finish or that it burned hot.

Scottw
03-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Brother you have to let these things sit. too early to be smoking hence the ammonia smell / taste.

mikeandshellie2
03-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Well, I did something I rarely ever do and tried one from Dec 09 this past week and I totally agree these must wait at least one year before they should see the light of day. As for this years release once I find them, usually they ship before Father's day, these will go straight to the back of the humidor.
Shellie

thebiglebowski
03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
i usually let mine sit a year as well.

shilala
03-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I've gathered up a few boxes and smoked a few rott.
The 46's are my favorite, and I did notice that although very good, I'll be letting them rest. They were burning a bit hot and dry, but I didn't notice any flavor problems, aside from the fact that they were a little spread out and uneven.
In 8 more months or so they'll be perfect. :tu
I'm actually really pleased about it because it's the very first time I've ever bought new Anejo's and I can see them through their maturity. :tu

eber
03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I smoked a 55 torp the other day from the recent release and found it pretty good but I could detect some ammonia and it was kinda wet so I should have let it rest for a but longer but it was really calling to me from the humi. I just bought a fiver of 48s and will let them rest for quite a while, might fire one up for one of my graduation smokes, I hope it doesnt let me down.

longknocker
03-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks For The Info, All! Guess I'll Be Resting Mine As Well.

papichulo
03-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Well I have some that have been resting for four plus years and they are great. I really think the quality, regardless of there age has slipped a bit. The tobacco that are used in these have been aged for a decade or so. I will wait to see how these turn out in a year or so.

Neuromancer
03-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I rotate them too, datewise...I have them going back about three or four years, so I smoke those now and put what I bought this year away to rest and age for a few years just like I do with CC's...definitely makes a difference...

Scottw
03-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Well I have some that have been resting for four plus years and they are great. I really think the quality, regardless of there age has slipped a bit. The tobacco that are used in these have been aged for a decade or so. I will wait to see how these turn out in a year or so.

I think you are right, I'll take those crappy sticks off your hands if it would help.:D

darkninja67
03-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Sing them a lullaby and let them sleep.

jmsremax
03-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I think you are right, I'll take those crappy sticks off your hands if it would help.:D

:tpd:

DonWeb
03-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Smoked an opus in the local b&m the other day.

Metallic is how I would describe it.

(Also had an anejo ... young, but otherwise fine)