PDA

View Full Version : What site for plane tickets?

BeerAdvocate
03-01-2010, 07:46 AM
Do you use any one site to book/research planes tickets for vacations?
Im starting to research flights to Germany in September. I keep using kayak but was curious what sites other people use.

St. Lou Stu
03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Do you use any one site to book/research planes tickets for vacations?
Im starting to research flights to Germany in September. I keep using kayak but was curious what sites other people use.

Kayak is a decent site.
I have had the best luck finding the flight I want on Kayak and actually purchasing that flight directly from the airline. Most of the time they will have the same price without booking fees charged by sites associated with Kayak.
To book a flight to Tokyo last year Kayak, Expedia, Orbitz.... would have actually cost me up to $150 more.

kydsid
03-01-2010, 08:01 AM
OP, if you are looking to go to Germany in September look up Tomas Cook airlines a la Condor airlines. They have direct flight from San Fran, Seattle to Frankfurt and that late in the summer they usually have great deals, $200RT, IRC.

PeteSB75
03-01-2010, 08:18 AM
I use sidestep usually, and they link directly to the airline site to book, or through orbitz if you want.

poker
03-01-2010, 08:49 AM
I mainly use airfarewatchdog.com

It lists many unadvertised fares.

mosesbotbol
03-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I go to the carrier's web site. I have noticed on my trips to Switzerland that the price can be cheaper going through the Swiss portal, not the USA one. I have had good success with Hotwire, but I am more particular with Miles partnerships, so it has to be on a carrier I can use for points.

You can also talk to your travel agent. If you have a "buy now" price you'd sign to today, they maybe able to meet it. Travel agents in Germany may get them cheaper too. For online deals, I think it's too early to book for September just yet.

BeerAdvocate
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the tips. I am going to keep watching the fares and book sometime in June or July for travel in Sept