PDA

View Full Version : RyanAir - why can't US Airlines have a sense of humor like this

kydsid
03-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Taken from another forum. Copied, I am lazy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8539560.stm

I lolled heartily.

So there is an Irish "no frills" Airline that operates widely in Europe called "ryanair".

On their flights they have their own scratchcard/lottery thing where you scratch the panels off a card and win stuff (or not).

This dude got one of these cards and won 10k euro ($13500) on it, and he demanded the money right there on the flight, they explained that they didn't just have that kind of cash lying around on the plane, and the proper process was to redeem the money off the company at a later time, like maybe some point after the plane landed.

So the dude throws a tantrum and eats the card, ending his claim to the money.

Which is pretty freakish behavior.

The Airlines response is that they are going to give 10k to charity and are letting people choose what charity gets it in an online poll here: http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/winne...winning-ticket

What is absolutely lolworthy is the choice of charities the company came up with:

1. An Anger Management Charity
2. An Eating Disorder Charity
3. A Gamblers Charity
4. A Disruptive Children’s Charity
5. A Mental Health Charity

>.<

Also at that link is the official press-release by the company, which is basically hilarious:

Quote:
...Yesterday’s events prove that while Ryanair’s scratch cards offer large cash prizes they clearly taste great too! Crew tried to stop the air Gourmet Scratch Card eater by offering him one of our great tasting sandwiches, pizzas or snacks instead, but clearly he had much more expensive tastes!...

This may seem like weird behavior from a proper company, but the boss of the airline, Michael O'Leary, is basically a legend in Ireland for being a troll irl

Don Fernando
03-01-2010, 07:27 AM
ryanair sucks, just a few weeks ago they were flying to the Canary islands, dropped the passengers off at the wrong island and left them there, claiming not to be responsible. And there are more stories like that about Ryanair.

WildBlueSooner
03-01-2010, 07:38 AM
ryanair sucks, just a few weeks ago they were flying to the Canary islands, dropped the passengers off at the wrong island and left them there, claiming not to be responsible. And there are more stories like that about Ryanair.

Wow...and I thought Delta was bad :r

Don Fernando
03-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Delta sucks too, flew with them to Atlanta and Orlando. From Amsterdam to Atlanta we had a flight attendent that was the spiting image of RuPaul, and the flight from Atlanta to Orlando was the worst flight I ever had. Too bumpy for beverages and that while it was frikkin' hot in the plane.

WildBlueSooner
03-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Delta sucks too, flew with them to Atlanta and Orlando. From Amsterdam to Atlanta we had a flight attendent that was the spiting image of RuPaul, and the flight from Atlanta to Orlando was the worst flight I ever had. Too bumpy for beverages and that while it was frikkin' hot in the plane.

Whats wrong with RuPaul? ;)

Don Fernando
03-01-2010, 07:47 AM
nothing, when he/she is on telly, because then I can zap to another channel. But zapping him/her to another plane wasn't possible.

kydsid
03-01-2010, 07:58 AM

I agree. Been exposed to nearly every airline on this planet. It is a low blow and is 100% illegal to not deliver a passenger to their ticketed destination, but that is neither hear nor there. And it is no surprise anyone would like the larger European airlines over, no-frills cheap RyanAir or any American Airline in general. :2

But its about the funnay not who is a good airline. Have a chuckle and move on pardner. -(P

WildBlueSooner
03-01-2010, 08:13 AM
And for the record...that is some funny stuff!