PDA

View Full Version : Don Diego..

colinb913
02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
What sticks does he make besides Playboy, but are somewhat like playboy? Any one know..?

guado
02-23-2010, 06:02 PM
The regular don diego line(IMO as bad as a macanudo with less refinement)
The playboy isnt half bad just very mild.

They also had an anniversary if I am not mistaken, never smoked it.

Lucky_Hippo
02-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Cigars International also sells a bundle stick called Player's Club made by Don Diego. I have no idea if they are anything like the PlayBoy sticks since I haven't had either but it's worth a shot if you like their smokes.

Welcome to the Asylum!

Mayor
02-24-2010, 07:13 AM
It was a Don Diego Lonsdale or something in a tube that got me into cigars way back in 1994!
I don't smoke any Don Diego cigars now ;s

jerseystepup
02-24-2010, 07:14 AM
My gf's father smokes these while he's mowing the lawn... Th regular don diego line in the churchill size... Never seen him nub or even finish one though.

BryanB
02-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Try the Don Diego Privada line. Little cheaper, taste about the same.

gbum
02-24-2010, 09:16 AM
i still smoke don diego now and then... my go to cigar for mild smoke...
love the Aniversario Series Lord Rothchilde Robusto...
score 94 in cigarmothclub.com but i never try the playboy yet... its not available in my country...

http://www.cigarmonthclub.com/news-letters/vol12no12.htm

Mr B
02-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Try the Don Diego Privada line. Little cheaper, taste about the same.

Privada Maduro is a good one.

Subvet642
02-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Privada Maduro is a good one.

I've been meaning to try one of those, but I must be a little odd, because I like the Don Diegos, anyway, when I'm in the mood for a mild smoke.

BryanB
02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I've been meaning to try one of those, but I must be a little odd, because I like the Don Diegos, anyway, when I'm in the mood for a mild smoke.

Your not odd. You like what you like. Don Diego is not a bad smoke. What size you wanna try? I can send you some.

Subvet642
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Your not odd. You like what you like. Don Diego is not a bad smoke. What size you wanna try? I can send you some.

That is much too generous; I really can't, but thank you! :tu

michaelmast
02-26-2010, 01:14 PM
DonDiego is a good cigar, but i now base on my experience that the ebst of the best are the Cuban Cigars. Try and compare..

BillyCigars
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
FWIW, the "original" Playboys were better (in my opinion anyway) that the "new" ones. The originals had a marble-colored band with initials. The newer ones are the Playboy logoed cigars.

colinb913
02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I had one of the older ones, and thanks for all of the responses everyone.

michaelmast
04-15-2010, 03:07 PM
DonDiego is a good cigar, but i now base on my experience that the ebst of the best are the Cuban Cigars. Try and compare..

Nurse_Maduro
04-16-2010, 09:10 AM
The regular don diego line(IMO as bad as a macanudo with less refinement)
The playboy isnt half bad just very mild.

I know this is an old post, but it's new to me, and all I can say is...thank God. I can't stand Macanudos, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one (I really thought I was). They smell and taste like elephant dung (IMO...more power to ya if you're into that sort of thing! :D).

Check out the Don Diego Aniversario No. 3. I'm a complete full-bodied guy all the way, but this one (and the Playboy) I really enjoy when I'm in the mood. It's still pretty mild, but not at all a simple flavor. Great construction, and (like the Playboy) just creamy as hell.

Nurse_Maduro
04-16-2010, 09:12 AM
FWIW, the "original" Playboys were better (in my opinion anyway) that the "new" ones. The originals had a marble-colored band with initials. The newer ones are the Playboy logoed cigars.

Damn. I've seen them around, and weren't sure if they were the same stick with different branding. That sucks. I really enjoyed the original, and I only have one left (and it's probably close to three years old now) that I refuse to smoke until I can find more!

Are you sure this is a different blend?