02-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Cigar: Kristoff Maduro Ligero
Origin: Dominican Republic
Size: 6.5 x 56 (Matador)
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: Dominican and Cuban Seed
Filler: Dominican, 70% Ligero Nicaraguan

Drink: Jack Daniels Red Stag on the rocks

Appearance & Construction: This cigar has a dark, splotchy, mottled wrapper w/ a covered
foot. It has a very oily sheen to it as well. The heft is very dense. This is a well packed cigar.
There was very little 'give' when I squeezed it.

Prelight Draw: I twisted off the pigtail cap and punched it. The draw gave a lot of resistance.
The flavors I detect are barnyard essence, nutmeg, and white pepper.

1st 3rd: I get the foot toasted and the flavors of pepper, leather and cedar are noticed immediately.
The burn is uneven, the smoke is barely producing. It's very creamy and has an oily finish. The
flavor is medium as is the strength. Toasted almond is now mixing with cream. The draw is
almost too resistant. I'm having to work a little too hard. Flavors of nuts, leather, toast, and
cream are meshing with each other very well. Leather, cedar and salt is on the back of my
tongue. The smoke is a mixed composition of dry on the palate, and oily on the finish. The
ash is firm but I knock it off at half an inch.

2nd 3rd: Leather, char, toast, and cedar are what i'm experiencing as we begin the 2nd 3rd of
this Kristoff. The ligero is starting to kick in. The body is now medium full, and the flavor profile
is full. Leather, cedar, and white pepper are on the finish of the smoke. As is a little salt. The body
is gradually pushing towards full at this point. I used a paper clip to break the plug. The volume
of smoke has increased tremendously. My taste buds sense leather, cedar and nuts with a dry
pepper finish. While not very complex overall, I'm amused by the way the 'finish' keeps changing
from dry to oily.

Final 3rd: The strength is now full bodied! The flavors of Leather, cedar, light char, and salt have
all identified themselves. This bugger is so strong I feel it in my chest! They don't call this the
“Ligero Maduro” for nothing! The smoke is plentiful and the finish is now oily. Notes of leather,
cedar and roasted nuts are the flavors that im tasting right now. I'm also getting a little cocoa for
the first time. At the very end, pepper reared it's head. The cigar went out while I was still in the
final 3rd. I decided to let it stay there. That was enough ligero for me that night!

As far as i'm concerned this one was okay. It had been in my portable humi
for months. If someone gave it to me, i'd smoke it again, otherwise, i'll pass.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/whodeeni3/a3Jpc3RvZmYgMS5qcGc.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/whodeeni3/a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTEuanBn.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/whodeeni3/a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTUuanBn.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/whodeeni3/a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTYuanBn.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad55/whodeeni3/a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTguanBn.jpg

Ratters
02-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Nice review, though the one I tried was completely unsmokeable. Horrible draw and what smoke I could get tasted awful. Never again for me.

Kreth
02-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Nice review. The regular maddies are my favorite stick. I have a ligero maddie in the cooler, but I've been waiting for some warmer weather to fire it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kreth
02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Nice review. The regular maddies are my favorite stick. I have a ligero maddie in the cooler, but I've been waiting for some warmer weather to fire it up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Took advantage of the 40* heat wave today to fire it up. I got more cocoa, coffee, toasted nut, and hints of dried cherry in the flavor profile; along with ligero spice, of course. Strong, but not in your face like a Cain or Ruination. It sneaks up on you like a Camacho Triple Maddie or Diesel.
In summary: I have a new favorite. :ss
Posted via Mobile Device

whodeeni
02-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Way to go Jeff!:tu

Took advantage of the 40* heat wave today to fire it up. I got more cocoa, coffee, toasted nut, and hints of dried cherry in the flavor profile; along with ligero spice, of course. Strong, but not in your face like a Cain or Ruination. It sneaks up on you like a Camacho Triple Maddie or Diesel.
In summary: I have a new favorite. :ss
Posted via Mobile Device

kelmac07
02-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice review. :tu

MedicCook
02-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the review. :tu

nater
02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Nice review, will have to try one!

timj219
09-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Tried one of these today. Love that I could bite off the pigtail and didn't need a cutter. The folded foot lights easily. I got a definite sweet/cocoa flavor at various times. Leather throughout. Good pepper. Very firm ash. No dry mouth. Full bodied cigar but it didn't hurt me.
I loved this cigar. So far my favorite Kristoff.

MajorCaptSilly
09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Very nice review! I actualy love these but have noticed that many don't. I've noticed these benefit greatly from lower humidity and dryboxing.

MCS