PDA

View Full Version : Chain Smoking

dox47
02-18-2010, 03:09 AM
I don't know what's gotten into me, but twice in the last month I've had an evening where I've sat down with a cigar and a coke to read or something, and ended up smoking 4 sticks back to back. I'm usually a one or less a day guy, but on these occasions I've finished one great smoke and just felt the need for another, and another, and... Nothing in common with the particular sticks, I have no explanation for it, and I haven't suffered any ill effects (other than tallying up the dollar value of the evening), so I guess I'll just go with it when the mood strikes.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Namerifrats
02-18-2010, 04:06 AM
Done it a couple times myself. Usually just when I'm bored but relaxed feeling, and have a few hours free. Only done it maybe 3-4 times but went through 3-6 cigars each time. Not like I was lighting one off the other, I would have maybe a 10-15 minutes break in between.

Ferrari5180
02-18-2010, 04:48 AM
It happens quite often where I smoke a cigar and then would like to have another one right after, but I tell myself that to not go for it and wait at least until the next day. I do have the occasional month where I smoke two back to back though. Mostly when I am drunk.

Mr.Erskine
02-18-2010, 05:21 AM
I'll be the first to say no. I enjoy my cigars, but have never really felt like smoking more than one at a sitting... With that said, the most I've smoked is three in one day, but they were spaced out and under unusual circumstances.

Lucky_Hippo
02-18-2010, 05:51 AM
I'll smoke several back to back when I'm at a Herf with other cigar nuts, but usually I smoke one or maybe two at different times of the day.

elderboy02
02-18-2010, 06:29 AM
I only smoke cigars back to back at a HERF.

CheapHumidors
02-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Happens to me sometimes especially if I'm with a bunch of people. I'll have 5 cigars in a day before I know what hit me!

Kreth
02-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Usually, only at a herf or on the golf course...
Posted via Mobile Device

Blueface
02-18-2010, 07:51 AM
I have had many Saturdays or Sundays where I have started with one and ended up with at least two or three.
In addition to that, herfs are notorious for causing chain smoking.

E.J.
02-18-2010, 08:06 AM
On the golf course I'll go back to back.... Other than that, there is usually a significant break between sticks if I smoke more than one in a day.

Most ever in one day, 4. 2 on the golf course, one back at the resort, one at the end of the evening....

qwerty1500
02-18-2010, 08:16 AM
I've done it but I always seem to enjoy the first cigar more than the later ones. It almost seems like I am wasting them in some way.

A significant break between cigars of at least several hours seems to fit my taste buds better.

issues
02-18-2010, 08:16 AM
At herfs and cigar events of course as well as when I have some extra time to spend at the cigar lounge; although at the lounge I rarely smoke more than 2 sticks.

marge796
02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I'll smoke 4-5 cigars while herfing, the norm for me is one-two cigars. But, when I smoke multiple cigars while herfing my sinus's get really mad at me and make me pay for my indulgence, it's worth it though, every now & then :D

Chris.....

SmokinCozy
02-18-2010, 08:29 AM
On those rare days when I have some ME time, that is exactly what I do. I drink, smoke and eat whatever I want. -(P

rack04
02-18-2010, 08:31 AM
On those rare days when I have some ME time, that is exactly what I do. I drink, smoke and eat whatever I want. -(P

Me too and then I go to bed early. :r

icehog3
02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
I often smoke 2 or 3 back to back when I have a night off work. At herfs, I am off the charts. :r

CigarNut
02-18-2010, 08:38 AM
If I have set aside time to have a cigar and enjoy myself I will often have more than one stick back-to-back. If I am just having a cigar as part of something else then I usually only have one (or maybe two :)).

BigCat
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
I rarely find the time for two cigars back to back, but when I do, I will absolutely do it.

For me that mostly happens on vacation, on the golf course, or at some smoke-friendly function, which is usually an outdoor family party when the weather is good.

Otherwise, on days when I have more than one, its usually one before dinner and one after dinner, in other words, with some time in between.

maninblack
02-18-2010, 09:04 AM
I have to say it's hard to find time to smoke two back to back unless I'm out with my buddy's drinking or fishing or something where time isn't an issue. Especially when those two cigars can take 2 hours to burn each.

Ultdrake
02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
It happens when we are some friends with scotch and many cigars. As we can't chose one, they all need to be tasted.

RightAJ
02-18-2010, 09:43 AM
I rarely smoke more than one in a row... I feel like my tastebuds get 'burned up' and I start to just taste tobacco and nothing else. If I'm in the mood for a long smoke (rarely, as I don't have the time and it's 20 degrees out), I'll break out the DCs

aj

Beer Doctor
02-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm more inclined to smoke cigars back to back if I've been drinking. I've only smoked more than 2 cigars back to back at herfs.

akumushi
02-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I think the size of the cigar matters a lot. Smoking several petit coronas in a row while out with the guys is no big deal, and a pretty common occurance for me, but when I smoked a PSD4, a Lusitania and then a Medaille D'Or # 2 (19 inches of stogie) during my bachelor party, I was hoarse for a couple of days after and the taste of ash didn't leave my mouth for three days.

JJG
02-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I've chained smoked shorts and PCs many times, but jeez. Those only take like 45 minutes to finish. Technically it's two cigars, but smoking two PCs back to back is no worse than smoking a single Churchill or any large cigar in my opinion.

Mostly when I am drunk.

yep, this too

:ss