PDA

View Full Version : Full Bodied Advice

maninblack
02-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Ok, I am in need of advice from you fellow inmates. I am looking for some recommendations for fuller bodied smokes. I have a some Man O' War's and some AB Maxx's coming, but what else do you guys recommend? I am still waiting for the new stock of Diesel's to come in to CI (anyone know when this will happen?). I am trying to get ready for the grilling and warm weather season. Thanks folks.

issues
02-17-2010, 07:32 AM
I would probably recommend some Joya de Nicaragua Antanos, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros, CAO LX2s and possibly a Cain Maduro or 2.

:tu

maninblack
02-17-2010, 07:41 AM
I've read alot of the Cain reviews and they seem to be one of those love em or hate em cigars. But the straight ligero really entices me. And I really loed the CAO LX2's but I'm a CAO whore anyways.

issues
02-17-2010, 07:48 AM
I've read alot of the Cain reviews and they seem to be one of those love em or hate em cigars. But the straight ligero really entices me. And I really loed the CAO LX2's but I'm a CAO whore anyways.

True, the Cains usually are love 'em or hate 'em. Personally, I find them to be pretty good.

Also if you can find the JdN Antano Dark Corojo I highly recommend it! :tu

maninblack
02-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the help.I need to make a list.

mad4maduro
02-17-2010, 08:13 AM
good suggestions....since you are a CAO guy, you know that the Brazilia is a nice line of full bodied smokes. RP Edge is one of my favorite full bodied smokes.

TripleF
02-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Awe bro, you gotta have the money sticks by Oliva:
Oliva V
Oliva Masterblend

I smoke a LOT of cigars and over the past 2 years those were the only cigars to make me woozy. weeeeeeeeee

maninblack
02-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah I love the Brazilia. Very tasty sticks.

CigarNut
02-17-2010, 08:18 AM
I have a few suggestions for you:

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic; they come in a variety of shapes and sizes
La Gloria Cubana Serie R; the number 4 is a good trial size, but you can go for the 6 or 7 for a longer smoke. I prefer the maduro but the natural is good too
Perdomo 2 Limited Edition; these are medium to full and very pleasant
Cain; these are all Ligero tobacco and about as full-bodied as you can get
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro; these are very nice pleasant smokes packed into a small perfecto
Just my :2

maninblack
02-17-2010, 08:18 AM
I've smoked cigars for several years now and still haven't tried an Oliva. Guess that will have to change.

issues
02-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Oliva V
Oliva Masterblend

I smoke a LOT of cigars and over the past 2 years those were the only cigars to make me woozy. weeeeeeeeee

I can't believe I forgot the Olivas!!! :bh

The Masterblend is an amazing stick IMO (and the Oliva V isn't too shabby either ;) )!

maninblack
02-17-2010, 08:22 AM
I can't believe I forgot the Olivas!!! :bh

The Masterblend is an amazing stick IMO (and the Oliva V isn't too shabby either ;) )!

Yeah I saw the Oliva "V"'s got great ratings. Looks tasty too.:tu

issues
02-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah I saw the Oliva "V"'s got great ratings. Looks tasty too.:tu

It is a really nice stick, my favorite being the Lancero...

:ss

The DPG Cuban Classic mentioned above is an outstanding smoke but not quite as full-bodied as some of the others mentioned.

I still love them though and the 1977 Corona Especial (Petty Lancero) is probably my next box purchase.

maninblack
02-17-2010, 08:25 AM
It is a really nicce stick, my favorite being the Lancero...

:ss

I'll keep that in mind. The belicoso looks like it would do also. I like bigger ring gauges.

mad4maduro
02-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Oliva V
Oliva Masterblend

dude....good call!!!!!

issues
02-17-2010, 08:28 AM
You know, the first time I tried a V I tried the beli and wasn't really impressed.

When I gave it another shot I grabbed the double robusto and it was very nice.

maninblack
02-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Keep em coming people. My list is growing.

68TriShield
02-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Padron.

chippewastud79
02-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I've smoked cigars for several years now and still haven't tried an Oliva. Guess that will have to change.

Oliva might make some of the best cigars across the board. Definitely need to get your hands on all of their lines. Cain are very tasty, not over powering :tu

maninblack
02-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Padron.

Padron's look great, but I can't justify spending that much when I could get 2 or three good smokes for the price of 1 Padron. But might have to splurge just once to see what all the hypes about.

issues
02-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Padron's look great, but I can't justify spending that much when I could get 2 or three good smokes for the price of 1 Padron. But might have to splurge just once to see what all the hypes about.

Although I wouldn't consider them strong, the Padron x000 lines along with the Delicias and Londres are actually really affordable and quite good.

You should give them a shot! :tu

BigCat
02-17-2010, 08:58 AM

Stick to the x000 series and you can't find a better value smoke in my mind. They can be had for about 4 bucks a stick by the box. Watch cbid for 5 packs at a decent price as well.

T.G
02-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Off the top of my head in no particular order (not going to list the ones that have already been mentioned previously in the thread)
All are full bodied, not all are "full strength", some are more medium in strength (nicotine levels).

El Cobre
Camacho Triple Maduro
Camacho SLR Maduro
Camacho Coyolar (very strong and very full bodied)
Graycliff Double Espresso
San Cristobal by Ashton
JL Salazar
Liga Privada No. 9
Liga Privada T-52
Partagas Black
Exile Maduros
CAO America
CAO Brazilia
Fuente Anejo
Torano Virtuoso
Torano Exodus 1959 Maduro
5 Vegas Serie 'A' Anomaly
La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados, maduro, Flechas and Felecias vitolas
Macanudo Gold

Smoking Q
02-17-2010, 09:23 AM
The only thing I would add to the list of cigars mentioned above are the J.Fuego Delirium, I smoked two, then I ask for and recieved a box of them for Christmas. Love them :dr

Mikey202
02-17-2010, 09:37 AM
My favorite - DPG Cuban Classic - Black Label
5 Vegas A series
Taboo Special Forces - these are strong

druturn
02-17-2010, 10:09 AM
You guys are hitting all my favorite full bodied smokes right on the head! My favorite full bodied cigars are the RP Edge, Hoyo De Mont. Dark Sumatra, Perdomo Oscuro, Cain Straight Ligero, and La Gloria Cubana Serie R(this one almost knocked me on my ass with it's n factor :r).

Goldie
02-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Cains and LFD Double Ligero anything. They are all good smokes, and nice and strong at that. I had a LFD Salomon courtesy of a local BTL and that thing left my head a bit light.

bobarian
02-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Camacho Corojo
Litto Gomez Diez

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-17-2010, 10:44 AM
My favorites

DPG CC
LFD Double Ligero
Oliva V

CigarNut
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Although I wouldn't consider them strong, the Padron x000 lines along with the Delicias and Londres are actually really affordable and quite good.

You should give them a shot! :tuVery true -- not all Padron's are expensive but they are generally a very good cigar. And, while they are medium-to-full-bodied they do not overpower with nicotine.

thebiglebowski
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
they've already been mentioned, but i'll throw my two cents in and also recommend the chisel, DPG CC and JdN Antanos.

darkninja67
02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
I do not find the DPG CC to be that full but I love em.

Definitely the Oliva V, LFD DL Chisel, JdN Antano and I would add the 601 Green.

Sanchy
02-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Don't mean to hijack but is there a large difference in flavor b/w the LFD Ligero and the Double Ligero? Or would there more of a difference in the nicotine factor?

T.G
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Don't mean to hijack but is there a large difference in flavor b/w the LFD Ligero and the Double Ligero? Or would there more of a difference in the nicotine factor?

Not a hijack - it's a valid question related to the subject.

Yes and Yes.

The flavors of the two cigars are different. LFD-DL is predominately spicy, the LFD-L is more of a mix of spice and a rich espresso. The DL is a bit stronger (nicotine). The L is more complex and balanced.

It's worth your time to try both and make up your mind which you prefer. They are different enough to make the comparison worthwhile.

Ferrari5180
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I find the El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga to be quite a full body smoke with hints of cedar, peper, nuts, chocolate and coffee. I personally love them. On top of that, you can pick up a 20 box for 70$......I can also recommend Hoyo de Monterrey and Gran Habano #3 (I though they would suck, but pure CREAM :)) GL to you Sir!

systm
02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
While I haven't smoked a wide number of cigars, I do know that I like fuller bodied sticks and the DPG CC 1979 and the Oliva Vs are ones I could smoke every day and be happy. I need to try more DPG BLue Labels :|

njstone
02-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Depends what you mean by full bodied. If you want REALLY full sticks, I'd suggest:

Man o War Ruination
Oliva Series V
Mi Barrio
601 Green
Tatuaje Unicos
Tatuaje Noella
Tatuaje Verocu
Tatuaje T110
LFD Air Bender
LFD Double Ligero
Cain F

Adriftpanda
02-17-2010, 11:32 PM
It would definitely be something the lines of La Flor Dominicans. Very full bodied and flavor.

systm
02-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I think I need to get me a LFD to try, you gents seem to love em

maninblack
02-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks again for all the suggestions! Looks like my bank account's gonna get alot smaller soon.

KenyanSandBoa
02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I love this thread...this is exactly what I would like to know as well.

So far, I've LOVED the Oliva Vs and the Padrons. I'm going to have to start a list of my own and takle some names in here.

akumushi
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm not a big fan of the uber-full bodied smokes, but the full bodied smokes I've had that are tasty enough to justify the strength for me are:
Tatuaje (brown label)
DPG (Blue)
LGC Artesanos de Miami
601 Green

Noomis
02-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree with one of the above posts about Liga Privadas. The No. 9s are, to me, much more full-bodied and robust than the T52s, though they're both incredible lines and also incredibly smooth. I highly recommend them.

issues
02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
I agree with one of the above posts about Liga Privadas. The No. 9s are, to me, much more full-bodied and robust than the T52s, though they're both incredible lines and also incredibly smooth. I highly recommend them.

As much as I love the Liga Privada No. 9 (it's currently my favorite cigar) I cannot call it full-bodied...

Medium+ tops. :2

Noomis
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
As much as I love the Liga Privada No. 9 (it's currently my favorite cigar) I cannot call it full-bodied...

Medium+ tops. :2

Interesting. I'd put it at the lower end of the full spectrum myself––for me it was definitely a thick-flavored smoke (but again, very smooth and velvety).