PDA

View Full Version : I am very excited

Aron
02-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Why, you ask? (Not that you would of course. You don't know me from anyone! :p)

Because I just picked up twenty Graycliff G2 Turbos from CBid ~70 dollars including shipping. Oh, it also came with a twenty cigar Graycliff humidor.

While I definitely want to smoke one tomorrow night at Market Street Pub tomorrow with the rest of the Gainesville Cigar Denizens (my own name, take it or leave it), I have heard that the cigars need a couple of weeks in the humidor in order to reach proper smoking tenor.

While this makes me a very sad panda :( (I WANT IT NOW!!!!), I also know that it will be that much better several weeks hence. Does anyone have any recommendations otherwise? (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have recommendations otherwise. I really want to try one!).

In any event, for those of you who I will see tomorrow night, see you then. To those I won't see, why not? It's not like plane tickets aren't available!!!

Ciao!

Aron

SmokeyJoe
02-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Congratulations... enjoy! :ss

kelmac07
02-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Congrats on the Graycliffs + humi. :tu

druturn
02-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Go ahead and try one, it ain't a sin to smoke one off the truck. Just let the others sit for a bit before you tear into them.

Aron
02-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Druturn: Thank you so much for the justification! That was just what I was looking for! :D

druturn
02-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Druturn: Thank you so much for the justification! That was just what I was looking for! :D

Haha, not a problem buddy. Now if you were getting one or two singles of a type of stick, I would say wait a few weeks. But since you are getting an entire box, you can have the pleasure of smoking one or two off the truck. But do make sure it is a few weeks before you smoke all those G2's! :r:ss

ade06
02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Dry box one or two smokes until tomorrow night and you should be fine.

Aron
02-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I didn't really make myself clear. The cigars were shipped last week in a humidor, and they've been sitting in my own humidor since last night. I think there should be at least one Turbo that's good to light.

70 dollars for 450 dollars worth of Graycliffs. Not bad, eh?

RevSmoke
02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Simple suggestion - smoke one. If you live up north like I do, you wait till they thaw out off the truck - but by the next day, I smoke one. I also realize that it might not be as good as one smoked after a couple weeks.

Here's something to go along with that, do this before leaving home. Cut/punch/whatever to open up the head and draw on it before lighting. If it is like sucking on a tent stake, leave it. Open another one and repeat. If plugged, then you need to leave the rest alone. If however you got one on your first or second try that is open and smoke-able, go for it.

Aron
02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Thankfully, while I was born and raises outside Boston, MA, I'm currently in Gainesville, FL, attending the University of Florida. The cigars are all pleasantly plump and supple :)

KenyanSandBoa
02-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Thankfully, while I was born and raises outside Boston, MA, I'm currently in Gainesville, FL, attending the University of Florida. The cigars are all pleasantly plump and supple :)

Definitely a nice pickup.

I, however, am still stuck up here in MA...where it is COLD and we just had almost 8" of snow dumped on us yesterday. :td