PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever smoke a Hemingway Masterpiece?

rizzle
02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
So I was at the B&M the other day picking up a few things and as I was just about to walk out of the humidor, something caught my eye. They had an open box of Hemingway Masterpiece maduros that they were selling singles from. I don't know why, but I just had to have one.

Now, I'm primarily a petite corona, corona, lancero, lonsdale, type of guy. I have no bloody idea when I'm ever going to have the time to smoke this thing, or why I would ever smoke something like this, it's like 9 x 52 or some such craziness. But for some reason I just had to have it.

Anybody ever smoke one? Is this just some novelty type cigar from Fuente? Will I die from boredom if/when I ever light it? Somebody help me out here please.
:ss

Neuromancer
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Yep, nope, and nope, unless you are easily bored...:ss

BigAsh
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Ritchie....sit back....relax....and listen to the 8 tracks....:ss...really like this smoke....not a novelty, just limited release...

shilala
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Yep, nope, and nope, unless you are easily bored...:ss
:tpd:
Good smoke. Mild and tasty. :tu

gnukfu
02-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Nope but I love Hemingways so I'd like to grab one someday. The closest I have smoked to that size is a Padron that was 8-9 inches long.

BlackIrish
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Ritchie, Hemingways are great smokes. I've never had the Masterpiece (I have a maduro Hemingway tucked away for a lazy afternoon, but think it's the Classic -- need to double check), but I don't think you'll regret the impulse purchase. :tu

TheStatsGuy
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Nope but I love Hemingways so I'd like to grab one someday. The closest I have smoked to that size is a Padron that was 8-9 inches long.

:hm

I'll have to remember this next time I see you down at Azon. I have a few in my locker! :tu

Powers
02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Never had a Hemingway and especially not such a behemoth as that. Interested in what ya think Richie!

U should do a review on it, or at least post some pics :tu

troutbreath
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I have seen boxes of these at JR's. Always tempted, but have never pulled the trigger.

Have never had a bad Hemingway -- wouldn't expect this behemoth to disappoint.

barbourjay
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
it's a good smoke but as you said finding the time to dedicate to it is rough sometimes. most of the time the b&m's in the area get these they tend to stay on the shelves much longer than the other hemi maduros.

if pressed for time i recomend the work of art maduros. You can buy them from TS in ybor (when they have them) or cigar castle (off fowler in tampa). they tend to keep them there at both places regularly.

just wait for a herf to bring it there. i'm sure you could do a PPP and enjoy it without having to dedicate all the time by yourself.

Cigary
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
These are very good cigars esp. in the Maduro. Do yourself a favor and grab a 5 pak and enjoy. I love full bodied cigars and this isn't full bodied by any stretch,,,but they taste really good.

madwilliamflint
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Definitely a +1 on the Hemmingways. Though with that particular stick I'd be inclined to smoke it during a good long **** shooting session.

CigarNut
02-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I like the other Hemingways and just finished a Short Story. I have a WOAM tucked away that I will have soon. I have never had the Masterpiece -- 9 inches of cigar is a lot -- but I would definately like to try it someday. :D

ScottishSmoker
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I smoke a lot of cigars in long format...in fact the double corona is probably my favorite format....however, long formats like this...need your time and patience. At the end of the smoke, you will be a very relaxed and happy person. As for the one in question, the Hemingway, I cannot say I am a huge fan...but its been quite a few years since I was impressed by a Fuente product....so my opinion on that particular cigar...may not mean a whole lot. On other sticks that size....the Tatuaje RC233 and the Davidoff Royal Salomone are worth every second of the time needed too fully enjoy...

Patrick B
02-09-2010, 12:33 AM
I grabbed one of these when a local shop had them in over the holidays. Saving it for a nice summer afternoon where I can sit in the back yard and have some drinks and enjoy the sunshine...

Namerifrats
02-09-2010, 12:46 AM
What I wanna know, is when are you gonna have time for a 9x52 with those twins running around?? :r

JohnE1000
02-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I heard it is very good smoke. I have couple nabbing waiting for the right occasion. Will make good smoke while camping or lounging on the beach.

68TriShield
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Yes. It's a good cigar,smoke it :ss

rizzle
02-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I've had a Hemingway maduro before and really enjoyed it so I'm hoping it will be a simiilar experience. If nothing else, I've got one to sit on for a while until the the right occasion presents itself.

Now, to go dig up a few 8 tracks.
:tu

Powers
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I've had a Hemingway maduro before and really enjoyed it so I'm hoping it will be a simiilar experience. If nothing else, I've got one to sit on for a while until the the right occasion presents itself.

Now, to go dig up a few 8 tracks.

Save it for EPIC III bro!

:dance:

rizzle
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Not a bad idea Mikey. I could probably find some help amongst friends there.

TripleF
02-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Save it for EPIC III bro!

:dance:

:tpd: