PDA

View Full Version : Going to Atlanta ... where are the smoke shops at?

tdp
10-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Help a BOTL out? I'm headed to Atlanta for a buddy's wedding, and if I can sober up long enough to catch a cab I may need to restock my supply. I'll be staying pretty much downtown. Do any locals have advice about who sells a good smoke in the Peach?

cigars_n_scotch
10-29-2008, 01:18 PM
There's a GREAT cigar bar with live Jazz music right in the middle of downtown on the same street as the Westin (circular hotel) next to Olympic park. I forget what it's called but it's a blast. I was there a few months ago for work and spent two nights there.

There's also the Buckhead Cigar Lounge.

cbsmokin
10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Near the dome there is a Bar called Stats (300 Marietta St NW). Directly across the street is a small cigar shop. Stats has a deck upstairs that they open up for smokers and is nice to sit up there during the day. I don't enjoy it as much at night.

http://www.statsatl.com/home.php

What dates are you going to be here?

tdp
10-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm there from late Oct. 30th to the 2nd, staying at Hotel Indigo (midtown?). I'll check how close these options are, since I don't imagine that I'll be going very far by cab and six or seven sheets to the wind.

I'm checking on schedule, so if anyone wants to let me buy them a cigar some time on Saturday drop me a PM!

Thanks for the tips :)

cbsmokin
10-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Highland is a great bar and place to smoke but they have a terribly small selection.

awsmith4
10-29-2008, 09:31 PM
La Case del Tobaco in Buckhead is very nice. It is owned by Eddie Zarzuela and he has a great humidor. His cigars are also very good. Also, Highland Cigar is a nice cigar bar. Give a shout out to member JKim and ask him as he lives there. I have been to both La Casa and Highland and I highly recommend.

scottie

If you are looking to resupply this is your closest option with a large selection, if you just want to go smoke all the other places mentioned are great

tdp
10-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Thanks again :D