PDA

View Full Version : Victor Sinclair triple corojo churchill

Don Fernando
02-05-2010, 03:51 AM
This 7 x 50 Churchill by Victor Sinclair is completely made out of Dominican corojo tobacco and has a strong hay & wood aroma. The cigar isn't straight, it's a bit crooked. The wrapper is spotted and has a big ft vein running over it. The only thing that looks good on this cigar is the nice gold & purple band around the foot. The cigar feels very hard but the predraw is fine and leaves me a raisin flavor on the palate.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/victorsinclairtriplecorojochurch-4.jpg

I get a full hay flavor with my first few puffs and I also notice a bit of wood. The texture of the flavors is very dry. After a centimeter the flavors get a little musty and there isn't a lot going on. Musty hay, that's it.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/victorsinclairtriplecorojochurch-3.jpg

Halfway the hay gets more grassy and spicier, but also harsh. At the end I can taste some leather, also spicy. After the ash broke off, I had to correct the burn

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/victorsinclairtriplecorojochurch-2.jpg

There is a lot of built up of nicotine, I had to purge the cigar a couple of times and each time I got a big ass flame.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/victorsinclairtriplecorojochurch-1.jpg

The smoke is poor and the draw is just a bit too hard, I had to use a poker to make it better. The ash is dark but firm. This full bodied mild to medium flavored cigar becomes boring very quickly and because it is a churchill, the boredom takes forever. If it wasn't for a review I would have tossed this cigar pretty quickly.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/cigarguide/reviews/victorsinclairtriplecorojochurchill.jpg

Would I buy this cigar again? Simple answer: NO!

Appearance: 4 / 10
Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10

Mr.Erskine
02-05-2010, 03:54 AM
I like the torpedo version of this cigar, and I'm not the biggest churchill fan. That said, I'm surprised that this cigar didn't do better for you. Thanks for the review!

Kreth
02-05-2010, 05:53 AM
Nice review. I haven't tried the Churchill, but I really like these in robusto, especially with a little rest.
Just one question:
I had to purge the cigar a couple of times and each time I got a big ass flame.
Ass flame? How exactly do you purge your cigars? :r
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackIrish
02-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Ass flame? How exactly do you purge your cigars?

:r

G G
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I had one of these last week and thought it was ok. Nice review.

eber
02-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I was thinking about grabbing a box of these for daily smokes because of their price point but this review may have me reconsidering, thanks for the review

bobarian
02-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I think your ratings were a bit generous. This cigar barely merits 40/100. I've only had one but that was more than enough to convince me I didnt need to have a second. Boring and one dimensional, mind numbing. :td

MedicCook
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the review Ferdie. I have never had a VS cigar that was really good.

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the review:tu

acruce
02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Not a big fan of the VS line . In my opinion you can find better smokes in same price range. Nice review though.

kelmac07
02-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Nice review Ferdie.

Aldebaran
02-09-2010, 10:32 AM
I was always hearing about VS Triple Corojo being the only good one of their many lines but I always figured it was better than terrible at best. I smoked one and I agree with bobarian the rating was a bit generous consider I thought of the cigar much like you did in the review

OHRD
02-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Still haven't had any Victor Sinclairs; anyone know of a mild VS they'd recommend?

Starscream
02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Still haven't had any Victor Sinclairs; anyone know of a mild VS they'd recommend?

Not the best smokes in the world at all, but if you want a mild VS, I would try the Connecticut Yankee or the Vintage Select. I'm not a big fan of either, but I would smoke these over Gurkhas and Puros Indios.

OHRD
02-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Not the best smokes in the world at all, but if you want a mild VS, I would try the Connecticut Yankee or the Vintage Select. I'm not a big fan of either, but I would smoke these over Gurkhas and Puros Indios.

Cool, I'll look for these, though not in a big hurry, as you said.

OHRD
02-09-2010, 11:25 AM

Vintage Select are on sale today, but who wants to smoke that giant? http://www.joecigar.com/index.asp

Don Fernando
I was always hearing about VS Triple Corojo being the only good one of their many lines but I always figured it was better than terrible at best. I smoked one and I agree with bobarian the rating was a bit generous consider I thought of the cigar much like you did in the review

I disagree with the whole "generous" remarks (ofcourse). The flavors aren't bad enough to flunk the cigars, and anything below a 6 is flunking. But a 6 also isn't high enough to make it a good cigar that I recommend or want to smoke again.

neoflex
Smoked one of these not too long ago as I received a few Victor Sinclairs in different blends through a contest and it was one of the worst smokes I ever had. No, I think it was the worst smoke I ever had. Put off smoking them as long as I could as most reviews have been horrible but I figured I would try one and see for myself. I hated it. Even the aroma it gave off was acidic. I made it about a 1/4 of the way in before I pitched it because I couldn't take it any more as my smoking opportunities are far and few in the winter and didn't want to waste the opportunity on a stick I wasn't enjoying. I still have a few and thought about sending them along in a package to the troops but would almost feel guilty sending them to someone who is fighting for our country.

Don Fernando
02-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I still have a few and thought about sending them along in a package to the troops but would almost feel guilty sending them to someone who is fighting for our country.

send them to the taliban ;)

Starscream
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
send them to the taliban ;)

:r:r

Kreth
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
In a way, I'm grateful for the negative reviews. Those of us who like these sticks will still be able to get boxes on the devil site for <$30. :ss
Posted via Mobile Device