PDA

View Full Version : New Opus X/ God of Fire reviews

GodOfFire
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any of the new Opus release, Love Affair, Shark ect.

Also about the "Lost City" cigars any reviews available on those or are they just commerative.

My favorite is the "God of Fire" ironically I differ from most and favor the Don Carlos blend. Would be MOST apprecative if anyone can share a recent review of the 2007 blends.

I appreciate it,
Jackie

Only Fuentes
02-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Pretty sure MU Mike has said that he loved the Lost city ones. And considering how many Opus he has that is saying alot. :ss I've tried a shark from the latest batch and thought it was far more balanced then a normal fresh Opus.

Jbailey
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Hey Jackie.

I heard the Love Affair wasn't the greatest and needs a lot of time. I picked one up and will bury it and forget about it for awhile.

I read some reviews and talked to some people that have had the Lost City and they said it was one of the best Opus they've had.

NCRadioMan
02-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I heard the Love Affair wasn't the greatest and needs a lot of time. I picked one up and will bury it and forget about it for awhile.

I didn't have that experience, Bizzaro Stormy. I am not an Opus fan in the slightest but I thought this one was pretty good. :eek:

Here is a review of the Love Affair: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26131&highlight=love

Here is a review of the Lost City: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26185&highlight=lost+city

Jbailey
02-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Really Regular Stormy?

Well I got some reviews from friends from my old smoke shop (must have had a bad box) and no one had anything good to say. I think I will grab one more on the way out of town tomorrow and try it. I will report back with my review.

jdakine
02-03-2010, 12:10 AM
I recently purchased a box of D Robusto (Lost City) and smoked one last night. I too, smoke a lot of Opus and Love the blend of the Lost City. It has dark wrapper and is very smooth. IMHO, it's a very good smoke:tu

They are very $$$ and this will be a once in a while smoke for me.

mariogolbee
02-03-2010, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=GodOfFire;744954
My favorite is the "God of Fire" ironically I differ from most and favor the Don Carlos blend. Would be MOST apprecative if anyone can share a recent review of the 2007 blends.
[/QUOTE]
:tpd: Liked the Don Carlos way better. I had the 2007 Don Carlos Robusto and it was very smooth and rich. It was a relaxing smoke. I'll try my 2007 Carlitos Churchill and report back to you.

El Fumador
02-03-2010, 03:19 AM
lost city's were great.

Brooks W
02-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Just wondering if anyone has had any of the new Opus release, Love Affair, Shark ect.
I appreciate it,
Jackie

Your wish is my command :)

http://tinyurl.com/y8fpgvh

~brooks

issues
02-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Your wish is my command :)

http://tinyurl.com/y8fpgvh

~brooks

And due to that review I've been kicking myself for not picking a few up when they were available at my local B&M. As soon as I read that I called around and couldn't local a single one! :mad:

Aw well, I have plenty of other Opus Xs resting up. :tu

mu mike
02-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Brooks' review mirrors my experience with the Love Affairs, excellent!

And I haven't had a chance to try the 2007 God of Fires, but I'm particularly interested in the Don Carlos Toro. I'm still working my way through a bunch of '05 Carlito and Don Carlos and I enjoy both immensely (although I didn't initially, strangely enough).

As for the Lost City, I didn't want to like them....but they're fantastic. Almost a perfect cigar, for me at least. I have been stocking up.

GodOfFire
02-03-2010, 09:02 AM
:tpd: Liked the Don Carlos way better. I had the 2007 Don Carlos Robusto and it was very smooth and rich. It was a relaxing smoke. I'll try my 2007 Carlitos Churchill and report back to you.

Mario,

that would be great to hear.. However, it's encouraging already. May have to break down and get some sooner than later.