PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Instant Access

neoflex
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Just picked up a new BluRay that streams Netflix. Although I am not impressed with the choice of movies that Netflix allows you to stream instantly, but what's everyone with this capability watching? Weather forcast for this weekend looks like crap so I'm looking for some movies to watch.

dubs chops
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Zombieland just came out.

AD720
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I have over 300 movies/tv shows in my instant queue. :)

There is actually a TON of good stuff, especially if you are into documentaries. There is also a bunch of History/TLC/Discovery channel stuff. 30 Rock, The Office (US and UK) get a lot of play.

pennjones
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I cancelled cable because of netflix. Not just the instant streaming, but the dvd's also, which I have 3 out at a time. For $18 a month, I couldn't pass it up. If you like tv, watch instantly:

Dexter
The Office
30 Rock
Tudors
Spartacus Blood and Sand(new starz series)
hmm, I'll think of more later

There's some good movies on it too, I'm currently watching 88 minutes

Tripp
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
the selection isn't great, but some that I've watched recently in my instant queue are The Usual Suspects, Heat, Oldboy, Syriana, and Leverage Seasons 1 and 2.

AD720
02-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I cancelled cable because of netflix. Not just the instant streaming, but the dvd's also, which I have 3 out at a time. For $18 a month, I couldn't pass it up. If you like tv, watch instantly:

Dexter
The Office
30 Rock
Tudors
Spartacus Blood and Sand(new starz series)
hmm, I'll think of more later

There's some good movies on it too, I'm currently watching 88 minutes

Looking forward to getting into both of these.

Razorhog
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I recently dropped my plan to 1 disc at a time and instant watch. I also have a blu-ray player with netflix capabilities. No cable, no satellite, just a big antenna in the attic.
Instant watch has limited options - last year you could watch CSI the day after it aired, but they've stopped that for some reason. I'm currently watching Law & Order SVU and Criminal Intent via streaming.
Check out http://instantwatcher.com/ - easy way to search the instant watch titles.

CigarNut
02-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Amazon also has an instant download service that works with the Netfix-capable players.

I go in cycles where I get a lot of stuff off the instant queue and then I might go for a month and not use it at all. Depends upon how busy I am and how many herfs...

replicant_argent
02-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Priceless
Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
Terry Jones: Medieval Lives
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Play
Being There
Enemy of the State
Noise
WALL-E
Dexter: Season 1
Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t!: Season 6
The Boondock Saints
Caddyshack
Lakeview Terrace
Righteous Kill
88 Minutes
Gosford Park
The Siege of Firebase Gloria
Gallipoli
The Basketball Diaries
The World's Fastest Indian
The International
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Brick
Taxi Driver
Just for Laughs: Stand-Up: Vol. 3
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Hancock
Bizarre Foods: Collection 3
The Historic Pubs of Dublin
Super Size Me
Carlito's Way
Bizarre Foods: Collection 4
The Last Detail
Full Battle Rattle
The Mighty Ducks
The Omega Man
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Dr. Strangelove
Patton
Very Bad Things
Sunshine Cleaning
El Mariachi
Dead Like Me: Season 1
Syriana

Some for me, some for the wife, and a few oddballs thrown in for a little variety.
I occasionally just take half an hour and peruse the watch instantly or starz lists for ideas.
Oh, and I just noticed that Top Gear has been released, I know a lot of guys like it, I have only caught bits and pieces of a show or two, but good stuff for the odd hour you might have.

MrsSledn
02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
We have it as well through XBox Live. I am not to enthused about the movie selections. But it's good for some old stuff. I never watched Lost before and all seasons are on the instant que.

If they offered newer movies I would be for canceling directv.

replicant_argent
02-03-2010, 06:50 AM
I found this, http://www.netflix.com/AppDisplay?id=1913&st=rt&pn=1&lnkctr=apgl-it-1913 it is an app that looks at the "Streaming soon" selections. I haven't played with it, but it looks good for those that want to grab something off a playlist quickly.

You should sprinkle in some Monty Python too, just noticed it was available for streaming. A very good thing in a #42... the Larch, kind of way.

And now, the Penguin on top of your Telly will explode... Know what I mean, Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge?