PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing!!!

shilala
10-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm giddy with the anticipation of freezing my balls off. :mad:
Our hanging baskets and bedding flowers lasted until the 19th of October.
In all my life they have never lasted past September 20th.
So it was nice when it lasted. We had the best spring and summer I've seen in a lot of years, and the garden came in at a 10. Rain was plentiful and at perfect intervals, temperature stayed up nicely, and I can't think of a single complaint except that the kids never used the City Pool pass I bought. :)

Did it snow where you guys are yet?
For the record, it snowed here earlier today so I suppose officially the first snow was on Oct 28th.

Lee
10-28-2008, 11:20 PM
It snowed here in lower Michigan last night. Just a little bit though, not even enough to cover the grass. The temp was down on the 30's, forcing us into the garage to smoke. :( I need to find a local establishment that allows cigar smoking.

leasingthisspace
10-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Not snow here. It has been raining lately. Matter of fact it is raining now.

Don Fernando
10-29-2008, 12:58 AM
no snow here, but we had our first night of freezing :(

icantbejon
10-29-2008, 01:32 AM
I miss the snow so much. I can't wait to get back to the North East and get snow again. Iraq sucks for Christmas, but Georgia isn't actually any better. When Santa comes wearing shorts, things are all wrong.

silentjon
10-29-2008, 03:35 AM
We just had wet snow at my house with no accumulation. However some areas not to far from me received 10-15 inches of snow in the higher elevations.

Don Fernando
10-29-2008, 04:56 AM
When Santa comes wearing shorts, things are all wrong.

you're wrong here buddy. I loved x-mas in Indonesia with 90 degrees, sunny. There's nothing like a christmas barbeque.

G G
10-29-2008, 05:44 AM
No snow here yet, but it is cold, for us.:ss

BroncoHorvath
10-29-2008, 05:54 AM
We got around 6 inches overnight up here in the Great North.... Hopefully it will melt by the weekend.

rrplasencia
10-29-2008, 06:50 AM
i think someones starting to feel better, that's 3 new threads in 2 days :ss
it might as well be snowing it's 50' right now in miami

dunng
10-29-2008, 06:53 AM
I guess there was a little last night... gone by the time I got going this morning though. :ss

theycallmedan'lboone
10-29-2008, 07:10 AM
hell no! it dropped below freezing for the 2nd night running, I think my mums are done for. I hate the cold. Not the dress up wear your nice sweater and pea coat cold, but the get-out-of-bed-shriek-like-a-woman-at-the-cold-floor-and-jump-back-in-bed-cold... don't much care for the cold. Down here, we just stay inside by the fire when it's cold.

cigars_n_scotch
10-29-2008, 08:05 AM
It snowed in Central Jersey practically all day, wet snow with no accumulation. The Poconos in PA got up to a foot of snow in some places. Hope it's a sign of a good winter to come (I snowboard so I love the white stuff) :tu

BlackDog
10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
We had snow the other day for a few hours, but it never amounted to anything. Ground is still too warm.

zmancbr
10-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Scott,

technically we haven't had a real snow yet in the front range. It was sprinkled and then froze while it was doing that so there was some dust, but it never stuck on the ground...

I have to say, its almost November and no snow yet in CO... weird... :rolleyes:

lightning9191
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
We've had some light flurries the past couple days here in SW VA....I love winter. We need more of it.

hotreds
10-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Damn I hate global warming!

Tombstone
10-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Damn I hate global warming!

haha..that's what i said..but the mods deleted my post:hm:hm

Mugen910
10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
i'm giddy with the anticipation of freezing my balls off. :mad:
Our hanging baskets and bedding flowers lasted until the 19th of october.
In all my life they have never lasted past september 20th.
So it was nice when it lasted. We had the best spring and summer i've seen in a lot of years, and the garden came in at a 10. Rain was plentiful and at perfect intervals, temperature stayed up nicely, and i can't think of a single complaint except that the kids never used the city pool pass i bought. :)

did it snow where you guys are yet?
For the record, it snowed here earlier today so i suppose officially the first snow was on oct 28th.

ttiwwp! :d

mrreindeer
10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
i think someones starting to feel better

Definitely great seeing you up and at 'em, Scott. btw, it was 100 here yesterday, currently 81 :D

shilala
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Scott,

technically we haven't had a real snow yet in the front range. It was sprinkled and then froze while it was doing that so there was some dust, but it never stuck on the ground...

I have to say, its almost November and no snow yet in CO... weird... :rolleyes:
The ground freezes here generally the week after Christmas.
Last year it never froze at all. Add to that the freeze is a month+ late and strange things are definately happening.
It's hard to see how things are changing when I'm inside all the time. Up till just 2-3 years ago I had a farm, grew fruit treees, and raised lots of animals. You just know "when it's time" for things to happen because you learn over the years. Allows you to schedule your winter work. (Now I live in town and just have a garden and flowerbeds.)
In the last few years on the "farm" I was cleaning mud in chicken coops in January and February. That wasn't right. It screwed up my work schedule, too.
I was planting weeks earlier and last frost came earlier and earlier. I like that part. :)

The one thing that very much concerns me is that here, many, many plants rely on the seeds freezing in order for them to germinate the following year. We also rely on a nice hard nasty winter to killl bugs and animals to keep the populations in check.
If we don't see a hard winter this year, there's gonna be so many turkeys and deer that I won't be able to drive across town without hitting one. Literally. It's really wrong.

I don't know what it means, but things here in my little corner of the world have changed dramatically in the last 10 years. I'd be concerned if it weren't for all the smart people telling me it's all bullshit. :tu

G G
10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
ttiwwp! :d

What language are you speaking Bao? :ss

shilala
10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
What language are you speaking Bao? :ssHe wants a picture.
I took pics this morning but Kerri just took my camera to the basketball game. I'll post a couple up later. :tu
Hope you guys will, too!!!

Genetic Defect
10-29-2008, 02:40 PM
is snow relatively new to the East?:r

G G
10-29-2008, 02:42 PM
He wants a picture.
I took pics this morning but Kerri just took my camera to the basketball game. I'll post a couple up later. :tu
Hope you guys will, too!!!

I'm slow after what we have been through the last month or so, but it finally dawned on me what it means with your hint scott.

G G
10-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Scott, hate to tell you this, but I just finished a Punch Gran Puro on the front porch, and it's 62 degrees or so.:)

Mikey202
10-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Got a dusting of snow this morning. To the west in Lake Placid area, they got a foot of snow.

DBall
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Snowing now... has been for a little while.

gettysburgfreak
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
This morning I had ice and snow to brush off my car. I really need to find a job down south. I hate the snow and cold with a passion.

AdamC
10-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I would die if it snowed here so early. I had a feeling this would be a bad winter. It rained pretty hard here yesterday. Rained a little today. Cold as hell too.

shilala
10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Scott, hate to tell you this, but I just finished a Punch Gran Puro on the front porch, and it's 62 degrees or so.:)
I officially hate you. ;)

Old Sailor
10-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Snowing now... has been for a little while.

:r:r:ih:r:r

Blueface
10-29-2008, 05:43 PM
It snowed in South Florida today also.

OK, maybe that was just me dreaming.:D

G G
10-29-2008, 06:26 PM
I officially hate you. ;)

Wish you were here, my friend.:)

TRicker
10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Snowing again, my cars covered. Last night we got about 2 inches, but the ground melted it as soon as it it.

pearson
10-29-2008, 07:46 PM
girrmumblesonofagrumblegirr

I just moved from the phoenix to kansas city and it is friggen COLD here I cant wait to go back to the desert.

AAlmeter
10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Nothing here. :c

I love the snow and I'd really like it for the snow to start flying for deer season. Plus I gotta try out the new truck in the slippery stuff.

Scottw
10-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm giddy with the anticipation of freezing my balls off. :mad:
Our hanging baskets and bedding flowers lasted until the 19th of October.
In all my life they have never lasted past September 20th.
So it was nice when it lasted. We had the best spring and summer I've seen in a lot of years, and the garden came in at a 10. Rain was plentiful and at perfect intervals, temperature stayed up nicely, and I can't think of a single complaint except that the kids never used the City Pool pass I bought. :)

Did it snow where you guys are yet?
For the record, it snowed here earlier today so I suppose officially the first snow was on Oct 28th.

I'm in Sussex Borough NJ and yes we got snow. High Point (7 miles away) got six inches and I heard the pocono mtns got a foot.

csbrewfisher
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Here in Colorado Springs there hasn't been any snow. In fact, it's been in the 70s for the last week. I've been enjoying mild evenings on the deck smoking cigars with Mrs Brew.

:dance: