PDA

View Full Version : RP 1999 vintge conneticut. churchhill I think,

dubs chops
01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
OK guys, went out into the garage during the ice storm. Grabbed a nice RP vintage I have had a week or so. Bad mistake since I think the size was a churchhill, it was like 7X48

construction was very nice, very small veins and the cut was great, pre-light draw was just about right, the kind where you don't really think that was goo, or that was tight, you don't really think anything because it is just the way it should be,

OK so I toast the foot with a little butane torch, first puff..... YUM

Very thick smoke, with a hint of sweet some spice and was VERY creamy, it leveled off to a toast flavor with some cedarish tones popping in here and there. a little spice not too strong though. the second 3rd tuns up just a notch, creaminess is faintly there but a very good toasty cedarish taste,

about halfway through the smoke I know I am running low on time and the wife is wondering when I will be in, So I don't know if this is taboo or not but I didn't want to end it early so I pulled out my cutter and cut about 1" off of it and relight it. It tasted great, a strong yet creamy flavor has returned and has some nuttyness and spice mixed in. the smoke required one touch up but that was it.

did I enjoy it? Yes it was a nice medium bodied smoke.
Will I enjoy one again? yes but in a shorter size as I am ADD and this would have been a LONG smoke.
would I recommend it? Yes, I truly enjoyed it.

sorry no pics again.