PDA

View Full Version : Quality switchblade combs?/Knives in general?

kzm007
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm sure the older members probably remember these as kids...every guy probably does actually, but I'm referring to the switchblades that flick open into a comb.

Does anyone know where I could buy one of these that wouldn't break directly out of the box? All the ones on Amazon have low reviews, and they're probably all the same, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Also, switchblade knives are illegal if I recall, but stiletto knives aren't? How exactly do they differ? A quick blade is a quick blade, and I've got a Kershaw that can attest to that lol.

Kegan

NCRadioMan
01-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Also, switchblade knives are illegal if I recall, but stiletto knives aren't? How exactly do they differ? A quick blade is a quick blade, and I've got a Kershaw that can attest to that lol.

A stiletto is just a shape of a blade so all stiletto's are not switchblades and by the same token, all switchblades are not stiletto's. I have an old folding lockback stiletto somewhere. The spring-assisted blades are not much different in my mind. I guess that's why gubment's around the country are trying to ban them too.

$2.75 + shipping here http://www.epartyunlimited.com/switchblade.html

kzm007
01-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, all those combs are the same I guess lol I've seen the yellow boxes since I was at least 10...dunno when they first made them...whenever switchblades were in vogue or had been banned, maybe...'50s to the '80s I'd guess, but Chinese nonetheless.

You're right about the stilettos, I just assumed they were all spring-assisted. They come in handy with a spring, but when a room mate showed me his (he had a Kershaw, too actually) I about jumped out of my skin at the speed of it. Flick of the thumb and away you go. Went out, bought one, only cut myself once before I learned :D every boy should slip with a blade to appreciate and respect them IMO

I hate bans. I'm just so tired of politics...and I haven't ever voted even though I'm registered, so I don't have a right to complain, but I just don't care about the drama I see on TV.

People are always complaining, and I get sick of hearing it, so I don't read up on it too much. Didn't even know Obama was on tonight until I went downstairs and saw it on.

Appreciate the info, Greg :tu always good hearing from ya. I'm almost tempted to buy a mustache comb, based on the carboard display art alone...nothing like cheap crap to make a quick buck.