PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl?

Parshooter
01-25-2010, 06:39 AM
This one I can miss. Sht-stain vs The Forehead. Two teams, that if you don't live in Indy or NO, you don't give a crap about. No interesting story lines like if the Jets or Vikes made it. At least there will be golf on :banger

elderboy02
01-25-2010, 06:54 AM
I totally disagree. I think it will be a fun and exciting Super Bowl with 2 high-powered offenses. The Jets making it would be boring to watch with their run, run, run, and run offense.

Go Colts!

macpappy
01-25-2010, 06:55 AM
This one I can miss. Sht-stain vs The Forehead. Two teams, that if you don't live in Indy or NO, you don't give a crap about. No interesting story lines like if the Jets or Vikes made it. At least there will be golf on :banger

Well just go sit in a dark corner and not watch.

Kreth
01-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Should be a great game if the Saints bring their officiating crew. :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Giant & 49er Fan
01-25-2010, 07:06 AM

How about the fact that the Saints have never been to the big dance before? Or the fact that the city of N.O. could really use this kind of boost in moral?

I like this matchup and look forward to the game! :2

Resipsa
01-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Well Marc, a bit bitter are we, :r:r

BTW, golf is not a sport. Why it gets televised beats me. It's an activity, much like tiddlywinks. Do they take skill, sure, both of them do. Sports? Not so much:D

Lensjockie
01-25-2010, 07:30 AM
No interest in watching either of these teeams play.
Guess i can always smoke a cigar.

Tombstone
01-25-2010, 07:52 AM
It should be a good game.

Starscream
01-25-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm watching it. The Pro Bowl will not have any viewers, but the Superbowl this year should be pretty good.:tu

elderboy02
01-25-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm watching it. The Pro Bowl will not have any viewers, but the Superbowl this year should be pretty good.:tu

I absolutely cannot stand the pro bowl. It is so boring.

marge796
01-25-2010, 08:25 AM
It's going to be a great Super Bowl! Congratulations to both teams for making it to the big game.

:tu

Chris.....

Wanger
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Not a compelling story to me in the SB. How much longer are we going to be beaten about the head with the Katrina thing and the Aints? I have no doubt that Manning will carve apart their D. He fileted the no. 1 D in the game this weekend. The Saints were in the bottom third of the league.

And yes, I am a Vikings fan, so I'm not in a good mood to start with this morning. Then again, as a Vikings fan, I should be used to this heartbreak. I was at the game against the Falcons in '98. I think this might hurt worse. Big mistakes and coaching blunders are expected in big games for the Purple. This was no exception to that.

srduggins
01-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Not a Vikings fan, but the refs screwed them in that game.

Not really a fan of either team in the SB, but the most obnoxious sports fan I know likes the Colts, so I will be rooting for the Saints just to shut him up. Given that virtually every team I rooted for in these playoffs (except the teams playing the Cowboys and Cards) ended up losing, you should put big money on the Colts.

mariogolbee
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Super Bowl?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/50221109.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1264444124&Signature=PksAY23b9nHiijaTc%2BpeuN0y6Kw%3D

macpappy
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Super Bowl?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/50221109.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1264444124&Signature=PksAY23b9nHiijaTc%2BpeuN0y6Kw%3D

Call Joe Montana or Steve Young. They can explain it to you.

yourchoice
01-25-2010, 01:23 PM
...the most obnoxious sports fan I know likes the Colts, so I will be rooting for the Saints just to shut him up.

I know a few Cowboys, Yankees and Mets fans I should introduce you to and see where he ranks with them! :r

I will be pulling for the Colts. I really like Manning and don't like the Saints at all. My guess is the "son vs. city" story will be the overblown story of the Super Bowl this year.

ScottieM
01-25-2010, 01:42 PM
The Saints really couldn't stop the Vikings and I don't think they will stop the Colts either. The difference is that Manning and company won't turn the football over like Minnesota did.

Colts will win and win in a BIG way.

RazzBarlow
01-25-2010, 04:30 PM

Nope, no interesting story lines at all.

Saints never been to the Super Bowl before.

Son of arguably greatest Saint QB playing QB for the Colts.

Drew Brees living on same street as Archie Manning.

Nope, no interesting story lines there at all:r

macpappy
01-25-2010, 05:08 PM

Nope, no interesting story lines there at all:r

Not to mention Jonathan Vilma, who the Jets said was too old to play football.

How about Vilma & Garcon. Two players with Haitian family ties playing in the Super Bowl in Miami (where many Haitian's have landed from small boats without the consent of the US government.) Maybe they will both donate the extra money from playing in the Super Bowl to Haitian Relief.

RazzBarlow
01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Not to mention Jonathan Vilma, who the Jets said was too old to play football.

How about Vilma & Garcon. Two players with Haitian family ties playing in the Super Bowl in Miami (where many Haitian's have landed from small boats without the consent of the US government.) Maybe they will both donate the extra money from playing in the Super Bowl to Haitian Relief.

Point taken. I'd forgotten about Vilma and Garcon. Yeah, I think I won't even bother watching the Super Bowl this year!

OLS
01-25-2010, 07:13 PM
How much longer are we going to be beaten about the head with the Katrina thing and the Aints? I have no doubt that Manning will carve apart their D. He fileted the no. 1 D in .

Don't get much hurricane action up there, eh? No one likes to hear deadbeats complain about being stranded after they were told to get out of town, but that doesn't change the financial reality of what happened, or the damage to people's $hit. As for the aints, you had to BE there, I guess. Your team won alot of stuff. And even though a lot of people said that the Vikes gave the game away, most of the fumbles were created, they didn't result from greasy hands. The Saints have survived with savvy 'bend but don't break' defense, which requires creating turnovers. The D might suck at the line of scrimmage most weeks, but they didn't accidentally end up in ther playoffs, they won 13 games. They came from behind alot, they Defensed their way out of deep $hit and they beat the vikings last night. Thanks for the help Adrian & Brett. There WERE some bizarre calls, but there were also makeup calls, or non-calls as it were. Was that NOT pass interference in the right flat with time running out? Not called, not even looked at. If there was funny business in the officiating, let the league answer for it.

Silound
01-25-2010, 07:41 PM
The officiating was terrible on BOTH sides of that game. There was not, and should not be, a flag on the hit on Farve by McCray. Read the rule, it's specifically written that a grounded defender cannot continue a press into the quarterback. There's nothing about a clean tackle at the knees.

There was a bad call on the touchdown where the Saints should have been a yard short, yes. Was it challenged? No, because that would waste time and a challenge to overturn a call that would have put the Saints at 2nd and goal with a yard to go...and they would have scored. The Reggie Bush touchdown was in, he hit the pylon, and the rule stats such (I hate that rule by the way).

I'm sorry to all the Vikings fans out there, but that game wasn't lost because the officials "screwed" you, or because the Saints "cheated" or any of the excuses made. The game went to the Saints because the Vikings had 5 turnovers (and several more recovered fumbles) that cost them. If they hadn't fumbled on the Saints 10, the worst they would have done is kicked a field goal (which would have put them up by 3 at the end to win in regulation).

Look at it this way, neither team played up to their potential, and had either team done so, the game would have been a 20 point swing in either direction.

And for those who are complaining about the "Katrina and the Aints," I implore you to learn a little more about Louisiana and the people here. For 43 years, there has been a pro football team here, which has been part of the heart and soul of this state for nearly 30 years. It took 21 years for them to have a winning season (I won't comment on the past and present ownership and how little they've proved willing to pay for a winning team over those 43 years), and this is only the second year to reach the championship, and the first for a Super Bowl.

The people here are a very diverse cultural group, and it's things like the Saints that bring pride and unity to this community. We support the Saints because they provide the morale and income boost that this state and her people badly need.

Wanger
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Yes, I said it. I'm not going to say that I meant something different or hide in any other way. Just as we are about to be battered about the head with "will Brett retire or not?". And we would have been battered with the "amazing comeback this year" had the Vikes not had a bonehead coach. Both of which I am eternally tired of already, btw.

I don't know how else to put it, but I am tired of that story line. As I am not a NO fan, it had grown old to me. I won't say anything to diminish the human tragedy that it was, but as a motivating factor for football, I've had enough, personally. Just my opinion, sorry. I have no doubt that the people are warm and friendly, as we saw in the local pregame coverage from down there. But right now, none of that increases my interest in any of the story lines going into the game.

As a game, I expect the SB to be very lopsided towards the Colts. Another feather for Manning's crown. They have a better offense that the Vikings, IMO, and Manning is an absolute surgeon, with more sure-handed receivers. They will not have the issues that MN had in hanging onto the ball. The NO offense did not look very high powered last night, especially when you consider the issues that the Vikings have had against the pass most of the season. Take away the Thomas TD, and how long was their longest completion?

So as this thread pertains to the Super Bowl, I expect the Colts to simply carve up the NO defense. Manning isn't known for making the mistakes that #4 is, and I don't see him starting it now. The storylines that interest me about this game are on the field. I'm not someone who's big on off the field stories as it pertains to games like this. So, if I offended some of you with my comments, I apologize for that. Part of it comes from the pain of witnessing defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory yet again.

macpappy
01-26-2010, 05:29 AM
I don't know how else to put it, but I am tired of that story line. As I am not a NO fan, it had grown old to me.

Take away the Thomas TD, and how long was their longest completion?

I live in Slidell which is about 30 miles east of New Orleans and is one of the areas where the eye of that hurricane actually passed over. I, and a lot of my friends, who "survived" the storm, are tired of that story line also. (flood water stopped about 8-feet from my front door, my roof was less than 1 year old, so it stayed on, and a pine tree missed my air conditioning by about 6 feet. I'll never win the powerball)

In fact, I would say that just about everyone down here who have worked hard to recover and who didn't look at the disaster as a way to get "free" money from the government and charities are pretty tired of it. It seems that the only people who aren't tired of it are the news media, the politicians and the people who are still trying to milk it.

As far as the game, I think Reggie Bush had a 26 yard reception.

Kreth
01-26-2010, 06:07 AM
There was a bad call on the touchdown where the Saints should have been a yard short, yes. Was it challenged? No, because that would waste time and a challenge to overturn a call that would have put the Saints at 2nd and goal with a yard to go...and they would have scored.
The Vikings shut them down o
in short yardage situations all night. In fact, about the only time New Orleans did move the ball in that type of situation was when they got the favorable spot on 4th and 1.

I'm sorry to all the Vikings fans out there, but that game wasn't lost because the officials "screwed" you, or because the Saints "cheated" or any of the excuses made.
Aside from the phantom TD (and the "no use challenging it because they *probably* would have scored anyway" argument is kind of silly), about half of the drive in OT didn't come from the Black & Gold. It came from the Black & White. Pass interference? The only way that ball was catchable was if Meacham had somehow developed an 8 ft vertical. And there was so much juggling on the following play that there should have been a clown involved.
Google vikings saints officiating. The only people not pointing out how badly Minnesota got screwed are the Saints fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

Starscream
01-26-2010, 06:46 AM
I should be used to this heartbreak. I was at the game against the Falcons in '98. I think this might hurt worse. Big mistakes and coaching blunders are expected in big games for the Purple. This was no exception to that.
I don't think this game compared to the one in '98. That was a very BIG upset.:r
I know a few Cowboys, Yankees and Mets fans I should introduce you to and see where he ranks with them! :r

:tpd:
No offense to Ryan. He's about the most pleasant Yanks fan I know of.

RazzBarlow
01-26-2010, 07:01 AM
I will agree with the statement that Peyton Manning is basically a surgeon with a football. He also is not as mistake prone as Favre. (Favre is a gun-slinger and takes risks). But I'm not so quick to count NO out yet. If they can manage to pound on Manning as much as they did on Favre, it's going to be a long night! I don't think Manning's as tough as Favre and won't stand up to the pounding. (I don't know that anyone is as tough as Favre! That man took a beating Sunday!)

From a personal viewpoint, I kinda hope NO wins and Drew Brees gets the ring fitted for his middle finger. Then I want him to take a picture of it and put it on a billboard here in San Diego. The Chargers pretty much ran Brees off for an inferior leader, IMO.

macpappy
01-26-2010, 07:25 AM
I will agree with the statement that Peyton Manning is basically a surgeon with a football. He also is not as mistake prone as Favre. (Favre is a gun-slinger and takes risks). But I'm not so quick to count NO out yet. If they can manage to pound on Manning as much as they did on Favre, it's going to be a long night! I don't think Manning's as tough as Favre and won't stand up to the pounding. (I don't know that anyone is as tough as Favre! That man took a beating Sunday!)

From a personal viewpoint, I kinda hope NO wins and Drew Brees gets the ring fitted for his middle finger. Then I want him to take a picture of it and put it on a billboard here in San Diego. The Chargers pretty much ran Brees off for an inferior leader, IMO.

AFTER New Orleans wins the Super Bowl, we're all going to send huge thank you cards to San Diego and Miami. Thought about sending one to Nick Saban but he really did want Brees.

pnoon
01-26-2010, 07:35 AM
No offense to Ryan. He's about the most pleasant Yanks fan I know of.

Are you saying I'm not pleasant? :bx

longknocker
01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
As A Life Long Saints Fan & Having Supported Them All These Years, I'm Definitely Rooting For My Underdog Team!:) Geaux Saints!:banger

Parshooter
01-26-2010, 10:40 AM

The Houston Texans have never been either, so what?

So he sucks less than any of the others (remember the no-winning seasons record).

National Inquirer news-worthy stuff there.

RazzBarlow
01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Bitter much?

Montano
01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Who cares about the game..... it's all about the commercials :D

Seriously though, how can you not root for the City Of Nawlins after what they have been through. And the Aints have never seen the Superbowl before !

mithrilG60
01-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Who cares about the game..... it's all about the commercials :D

x2.

The Super Bowl is almost always an extremely lopsided affair that's only entertaining to watch if you happen to be rooting for the team on the winning end of the score sheet. But then again I also think that american football (ie. NFL/CFL) is generally pretty boring to watch so what do I know.....

macpappy
01-26-2010, 02:55 PM
The Houston Texans have never been either, so what?

So he sucks less than any of the others (remember the no-winning seasons record).

National Inquirer news-worthy stuff there.

So don't watch.

acruce
01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm not that big of a fan of either team, but I don't think the Saints defense will be able to keep up with the Colts offense. In my opinion Payton Manning is probably the best Q.B. In the game right now. I think last weeks NFC game was the best playoff game we are going to see this year.

Starscream
01-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Are you saying I'm not pleasant? :bx

:pn

I didn't say unpleasant, just that Ryan was the most pleasant.;)

SmokeyJoe
01-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I totally disagree. I think it will be a fun and exciting Super Bowl with 2 high-powered offenses. The Jets making it would be boring to watch with their run, run, run, and run offense.

Go Colts!

:tpd: Guess I just love sports... and the Superbowl especially. I expect a great game.

:ss

Blueface
01-29-2010, 08:44 AM
:tpd: Guess I just love sports... and the Superbowl especially. I expect a great game.

:ss