PDA

View Full Version : 5 Vegas Serie A Apostle

Smokin Gator
10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Got in a PIF.

This is a pretty large stick at 7 X 50. A bit of a rough looking dark maduro wrapper with some small to medium sized veins. Nice and firm to the touch but doesn’t feel very heavy in the hand. Clipped cleanly and had a very nice pre-light draw. A bit of sweetness and some earthiness was noticed. I really liked the earthiness as well when I toasted the foot.

It lit easily and quickly produced great amounts of smoke. The draw was perfect. I was surprised in the first third that there wasn’t a whole lot of any kind of flavor. It did burn nice and evenly with a darker gray ash. The ash held for about and inch and a half.

As I got into the second third some subtle coffee and hay flavors did appear and what I noticed most was just the mellow character of the smoke.

As it moved into the final third the mellowness continued and the flavor profile was basically the same but with some added sweetness. I also noticed a pretty good vitamin N kick which was not expected. The ash held again for about an inch and a half. The cigar finished nicely with no noticeable changes. The burn was clean throughout. I was shocked to realize the total burn time was only about 50 minutes. With the draw and size I would have guessed more like an hour and fifteen minutes at least.

I would give it a 3 out of 5. Certainly one I would smoke again, but I won’t be craving it.

Starscream
10-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Serie A is one of my go to. Cheap, yet tasty maduro smoke.

G G
10-28-2008, 08:26 PM
I have really liked the ones I have smoked so far. I have a few in the humi.

Thanks for the review.:)

Skywalker
10-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Apex box pressed is my favorite!!!

Yummy!!!

MarkinAZ
10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the review Brent. I have a couple of the robusto's and a toro sitting in the humi, and have really enjoyed these sticks:ss

dccraft
10-31-2008, 05:40 PM
These are always a very tasty stick for me. Love the maduros :ss

Biglizard1
11-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I've enjoyed these as well in the Archetype!