PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else...

jbo57
01-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Having trouble with their Cbid deliveries? The last couple I've ordered from them have taken at least a week to get to me. This one was won on 1/13. The UPS site says that yesterday 1/20 it is "In Transit To Final Destination". Used to be that if I ordered on Monday it was here by Thursday. Just wondering if this is a problem anyone else has been having?

Cigary
01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I have my delivery set up once a week where they go out on Thursday and I get it by Sat.

G G
01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Not sure as I haven't ordered anything in a while. I do have a shipment that went out to me today, so I'll keep ya posted on how long it takes.:tu

jbo57
01-22-2010, 01:35 PM
UPDATE: The sticks arrived last night. I finally broke down and called UPS and asked them what happened. They said that they delivered my package to the Post Office and it was up to them to deliver it. I contacted CBid and they said that this was their new policy in order to save money on shipping. I had never heard of it before and it may work good, but it seemed to add at least a day to the delivery, but they got here safe and sound. Will probably try one this afternoon.

G G
01-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I had an order shipped last Thursday and I still don't have them. They sent a tracking number for UPS and when I go and look it gives the date they shipped but no arrival date like it usually does.

Every other time I have ever had an order sent, they went out on Thursday and was here on Saturday.

G G
01-27-2010, 07:20 AM
maybe they will be here today, if not it will be the first time it has ever took a whole week to get something from them.

jbo57
01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I had an order shipped last Thursday and I still don't have them. They sent a tracking number for UPS and when I go and look it gives the date they shipped but no arrival date like it usually does.

Every other time I have ever had an order sent, they went out on Thursday and was here on Saturday.

The same was true of mine...which I thought was funny. I'm guessing they are sending yours the same way they sent mine. Instead of saying "Out For Delivery" it will say something like "On Route To Final Destination". If so, it will probably come by mail the next day...that was my experience... They said they are trying to save money. Famous on the other hand, still sends theirs the "old fashioned" way. ;)

Namerifrats
01-27-2010, 01:07 PM
They are all the same with me, even recently. Billed Thur, Shipped Fri, at the house on Mon

Neuromancer
01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
No problems here either...my auctions ship together closing on Thursday, they go out Friday, and I have them by Tuesday...like clockwork...

G G
01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Finally they are here. Sitting on the front porch so not sure if they were brought by UPS or the mailman.

rudeJARHEAD
01-27-2010, 08:51 PM
I had my shipping preference changed to USPS and my cigars started coming in about 3 days vice 7 and not looking like the gorilla from the airport used 'em for a trampoline. I did however have to call them and speak to an actual person before it became permanent.

Kreth
02-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Bumping this back up rather than start a new thread. Not sure what's up with cbid lately. The last couple of times I've won lots, shipping has been slow. One order before Christmas took a week to ship. Orders from CI and cigar.com ship quick, so what's up with cbid?
Posted via Mobile Device

Razorhog
02-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Last auction I won took 2 days to ship, but it got here in one day via USPS. I wonder if they've cut back on the number of folks who box up the winnings?

maninblack
02-18-2010, 09:06 AM
My first two shipments were fast,but the last two have been fairly slow. Hopefully the one I won yesterday will get here faster.

Walt
02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Not sure it is part of the problem, but several parts of PA had major storms over the past two weeks. Both of which delayed mail service, its possible packages got held up due to snow and took a little extra time to leave the state.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the sipping issues, just a thought.