PDA

View Full Version : Pink Apron Preview?

DPD6030
01-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Has anyone been to one of these Pink Apron Previews? My fiance attended a bridal show and filled out a card. They called and said that she won a vacation. Went to the "show" and got a certificate for a free 3 day/2 night vacation. I'm wondering if anyone has gone on the vacation and is/was it worth it?

aich75013
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
From what I just read online, it sound like some type of high pressure sales.
I guess you already went through that part.

I've never bothered with such things. So, I can't tell you about the trip part.

My wife signed up for some contest several years ago. It was with a time share, Silver Leaf Resorts. We had to say no to 7 people to get out the door of that place. Each one was a pushier sales person. In the end, we received a voucher for a similar trip (along with some other junk). I didn't bother with it because I didn't want to have to deal with those people again. I was afrraid that once we arrived at our destination, we would be bothered by sales people the whole trip.

RevSmoke
01-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Haven't done this particular one yet, but...

Usually this is a sort of scam, but... You win 3days/2nights, but you have to go their and listen to their spiel as they try to get you to "buy into" their time share or whatever it is they are selling.

We have done different things where we get something free - but you have to listen to the sales spiel. Oftentimes it isn't too bad, but sometimes you get a real hard sell person.

I remember the one we did in Pennsylvania for a time share in the Poconos. After the group intro video, the grand tour and salesman's schtick, we go to a room and he asks a few questions while taking notes(remember, this is a few years ago, and these are not all the questions, nor are they exact):
So, do you like the facilities?
Do you think it is a good deal?
Could you afford $XXX.00 a month?
Would this be a place you'd like to use?

I answered yes to all the questions he asked. So, he starts filling out paper work and asking me questions about finances and such. And I stopped him and asked him what he was doing and he informed me he was starting the paperwork for our buy in. And I said, "Whoa, we're not buying in."

To which he got sort of perturbed and complained, "but you answered yes to all my questions?"

I responded, "I wasn't going to lie to you. In summary, you asked if I could afford to and if I'd 'like' to - and it is true - I'd 'like' to and I can 'afford' to, but that doesn't mean that I will do so. There are many things I'd like, and could probably afford, but that doesn't mean that I do."

He's now angry that I strung him along.

I told him, "When we were done with the group sales pitch and sent off with individual salesmen, didn't I say, 'we really don't need to go any further, let's not waste your time and ours, we're not going to make a purchase today?'"

"Yeah."

And didn't you say, "I need to go through it anyway."

And didn't I say, "It is a waste of your time and mine because we will not buy into the time share?"

"Yes."

"So, where did I lead you on? Seems to me that you forced us to go through the whole program, did I get upset about that? You knew we were not going to buy in, for I did make that clear. And then you brought us in here and asked some questions which I thought was simply a survey to see what we thought of the place - and I answered them honestly. Not all people buy everything that they like and can afford."

So, some salespeople are very hard sell, just be forewarned.

Steve
01-20-2010, 12:32 PM
/\
||
||
Where's your Tazer when you need it!!!

:ss

chippewastud79
01-20-2010, 09:27 PM
My moms has done three and each one all they did was a walk away after the large group meeting. Hers were about 3 hours and when they were done they just stood up and walked out. Two three nights and a 4 night. She doesn't even care and takes a book or knitting with her. If you have no problem saying 'no' a lot (hopefully not a lot) and can zone out for a few hours, I'd say go for it. :tu

colimo
01-21-2010, 12:22 AM
one other point to add....have seen some of these where you have to put down a "deposit" of some kind for the so called taxes or service fees for the "vacation" and choose several dates when you want to go and they don't gaurantee that those will be available....in short they make it very difficult for you to "claim" your "free" vacation...

DPD6030
01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
one other point to add....have seen some of these where you have to put down a "deposit" of some kind for the so called taxes or service fees for the "vacation" and choose several dates when you want to go and they don't gaurantee that those will be available....in short they make it very difficult for you to "claim" your "free" vacation...

Doug, that is exactly what it is. We would have to send $49.99/each to just get the vacation packet to choose which hotel we want to go to. Then they will see if it's available. If not we have to choose 2 others.

I found the vacation certificate and threw it away yesterday. I don't think it is worth it at all. I mean we have to provide plane fare and other transportation so in the end I think it may cost more than booking an all-inclusive on our own with the transportation built in with the trip. Not to mention it was a 3 day/2 night deal. Who wants to go somewhere out of the country and really only spend one full day there!

Thanks for all the replies.