PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful cigar you ever smoked?

Skywalker
10-28-2008, 01:55 PM
When I say powerful, I mean nicotine strength!!!:ze

You know that one that kicked your can all over the place!!!:bx

The one that made you hurl!!!:pu

The cigar that made you want your mommy!!!:eek:

What is your story???

Don Fernando
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
As you may have read, last October I got to smoke two El Cobre by Oliva cigars, a torpedo and a robusto. The El Cobre is a very heavy cigar, nicknamed ‘the lobotomizer’ and ‘el muerto fuerte’ and till this month only available at Brian Shapiro’s shop but now Non Plus Ultra in Den Bosch will start selling them too. As the torpedo’s were not available, I ordered a bundle of toro’s. When I got them last Thursday I thought that there was a mix up, as there toro’s look more like coronas to me with the 152mm length and ring 46.

The El Cobre cigars have a very nice appearance, dark wrapper and a sophisticated black and copper band. The wrapper has some nice veins which give it a strong and rough look, the aroma is heavy and full but the cigar does feel a bit hard, rolled to tight and that causes the predraw to be kind of heavy. The cigar was a bit dry though, so hopefully it will improve if I let them rest for a while in my humidor. The predraw gave a black pepper flavor.

The pepper is also clearly there when I light the cigar. It’s like being kicked in the balls, this cigar is heavy, very heavy. There was a piece of paper at the bottom of the bundle warning me, it said “super fuerte” but I thought I was a big boy, until I lit the cigar, damn, what a power. To the palate again, heavy black pepper with leather and after a couple of centimeters a few hints of dark chocolate. The pepper is so strong it completely overpowers the chocolate and all other flavors, if there were any. I do notice that the pepper is not really consistent, with some puffs the pepper is stronger then with the next puff or the puff before, sometimes is heavier and spicier then the other time.

At about ¾ of the cigar I start to feel light headed, like I drank too much wine in a short period of time. This cigar is beating me, it’s too strong for me. I felt like Michael Spinks in a fight with Mike Tyson (Spinks was the reigning champion in the light heavyweight champion who had the idea that he could beat Tyson back in 1988, “the fight of the champions” lasted 91 seconds). I try to take control and keep on smoking, but like a fish on a line, I know I will lose the fight anyway. This cigar got me and it got me good.

The draw is heavy, maybe because the cigar is too dry. The smoke is white, but it could be fuller and the burn is pretty and straight. The ash is fantastic, strong and firm. It breaks only once.

Hardcz
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Had a tat east or west coast...not sure which. Had a small breakfast, went to a smoke shop during my lunch break and was smoking it....*brought it with me* I loved this cigar, great flavors and spices.... though last 3rd I was like a crack addict... needed food or something..got two large pepsi's and some kfc snackers, by the time I finished this thing I was shaking, had downed one of the large soda's and ran to the men's room..... not sure if it was something in the cigar but I had to run.... =)

dunng
10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Fresh Diesel by RP... :ss

Starscream
10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
RP Edge Maduro (kicked my ass)
JdN Antano (pretty strong)

bobarian
10-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Litto Gomez Diez Chisel

G G
10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I have smoked a couple of RP edge maduro and quite a few Antonos and I don't get that nicotine rush. Probably because i use smokeless tobacco.:ss

zmancbr
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
It was a fresh Opus... right off the truck and I was still wet behind the ears with smoking... the nicotine made me turn white in the face lol... I never hurled but I did let the stick die early since I just couldn't handle it... :rolleyes:

Skywalker
10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
For me it has been the Joyo de Nicaragua Antano and the Tat J21!!!

Every vitola of the JdN Antano has done me in! Even with sugar I get shaky and light headed. The last one I had was the lancero. I thought this doesn't look so scary and then it snuck up on me and punched me in the head!:bx

Back in March, Tony (Beagleone) in Irving Texas gifted me a Tat J21 and then I smoked another a few months later and both times felt like I was drunk after I stood up.:al

I enjoy the taste of these two wonderful cigars... Yet I have since vowed not to smoke either again!

SSatVT
10-28-2008, 03:08 PM
The first time I smokes a JdN Antano. It was around midnight and I needed a break from studying. It had been sitting in my humi for a few weeks, so I decided it smelled the best and was something new.

I took it outside, toasted/lit it. First half was great, then all of a sudden all the nicotine hit me. I got half way through the second half, and just had to put it down.

I went inside, drank some water, more water, and ate a peanut butter and banana sandwich (my handover fix). Sat down, 30 min later it was back, so this time I just tried to sleep it off (it was about 2:30am), so I laid down for a nap (as I still had some studying to do).

Next thing I knew was my alarm clock was going off and it was time to go to class.

That is what I get for having a fast metabolism, not eating for a few hours, and smoking a somewhat strong cigar.:hn

CoroHo
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
DC Maximususus, Opusususus, Ashton VSGs - no problem - but a Padilla Obsidian Beli will hammer me every time... :confused:

Joan
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
[watching this thread with great interest]

:tt

doctorcue
10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Macanudo... kills me every time.

GhostRyder
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Probably the third or fourth cigar I ever smoked. I don't remember what it was exactly but it was in the Camacho lineup. I bought it based on the rating that my B&M had stuck to the box. I smoked it sitting down outside and tried to walk back to the dorms. I remember stumbling like a drunkard back to my room and sleeping until noon the next day.

Fast forward 2 years. Had a RP Edge Maduro a few weeks ago. It kicked my ass, but in a good way. I never felt sick, but definitely light-headed. I really enjoyed it. I guess I needed a good asskicking.

jechelman
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Probably a toss up between a young OpusX Robusto and a young Tatuaje Reserva J21. Both gave me a serious butt kicking.

dunng
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Probably the third or fourth cigar I ever smoked. I don't remember what it was exactly but it was in the Camacho lineup. I bought it based on the rating that my B&M had stuck to the box. I smoked it sitting down outside and tried to walk back to the dorms. I remember stumbling like a drunkard back to my room and sleeping until noon the next day.

My guess would be a Camacho Croyolor (black band)... :ss

Cigarcop
10-28-2008, 04:13 PM
My most recent fall from the cliff came from a Tatuaje Cabaiguan...there was no net waiting for me at the bottom!!!

gnukfu
10-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Something from Top Shelf Cigar - very tasty smoke but all I remember is halfway through it I was swallowing a bunch of sugar so I could make it all the way through

Python
10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
A JdN Antano is the strongest I have smoked so far.

Smokin Gator
10-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I got a couple of laughs out of this thread and a couple of ideas...

The only one I remember really kicking my butt was a RP Sungrown at a Gator game. Now I had been drinking... but I was sitting in one of those really low slung chairs... and when I stood up I nearly fell down!!!

ElkTwin
10-28-2008, 04:35 PM
A PSD4 I had in Adelaide in '96 or so had me draped over the sofa in the Hyatt gasping like a boated carp.

BC-Axeman
10-28-2008, 04:46 PM
I love these "strongest 'gar" threads. I think a lot of the mentioned strong cigars are some of my favorites.
Macs make good yard gars.
Taboo SFO are pretty strong.

Dgar
10-28-2008, 04:52 PM
I remeber smokling an Anejo last christmas, not typically a cigar that I think of as being too strong, but this one had my mouth watering and not in a good way. I think sometimes when we get our butt handed to us by a cigar it can be the circumstances,. Have we eaten, is Opus really a breakfast cigar etc...

chippewastud79
10-28-2008, 04:56 PM
JdN Antano, first cigar to give me a headache. Not sure it has happened since either. :hm

weak_link
10-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Throw me on the JdN Antanos pile as well.

Litto chisel made me sit down as well.

Cigarmark
10-28-2008, 05:07 PM
LFD DL700 and Camacho Triple Maduro

duckmanco
10-28-2008, 05:46 PM
The 601 green is it for me. It was about 35 min. in to the cigar that I noticed I was chuckling at nothing. I never got sick, but I knew that nicotine was was working her magic. With that said, that cigar is one of my fav's and still delivers smooth, rich flavor despite all the punch from the nicotine.

Ratters
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Macanudo... kills me every time.

:r:fu

The Antanos are pretty strong, but I only notice it on an empty stomach. Unless I haven't eaten I don't think I've ever gotten ill on nicotine.

8lug
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
vsg illusion kicked my but last night

GhostRyder
10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
My guess would be a Camacho Croyolor (black band)... :ss

Just looked that up on the Camacho website. It was definitely the Coyolar. I remember this beauty now. I might have to revisit this stick to see if it has the same effect now that my n00bness has worn off a little bit. I have at least progressed to a FNG.

tobii3
10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
best buzz I ever got was an RP Factory Select Sungrown Petit Corona.

I was at Merlefest in North Wilkesboro listening to Sam Bush......and fell out of my chair....then over my chair.....then through my chair....the whole time with a HUGE grin on my face.....great little smoke.

pnoon
10-28-2008, 06:13 PM

I was at Merlefest in North Wilkesboro listening to Sam Bush......and fell out of my chair....then over my chair.....then through my chair....the whole time with a HUGE grin on my face.....great little smoke.

O.K. Fess up. What were you drinking? :al

av8tor152d
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM

I am guessing you forgot to set the brakes on the wheelchair :r

matt3
10-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Smoked a young Anejo the other day with only a half full stomach and about landed on my a$$ when I tried to stand up.

cbsmokin
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Opus X or Camacho Triple Maduro are pretty strong.

Also, my very first Monte #2 was very surprising since they are so mild to start, but then, whamo!

theonlybear4CORT
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
La Flor Dbl Ligero Chisel
and camacho coyolar.

BroncoHorvath
10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
The last 1/3 of a cuban Punch DC gives me a greatg buzz all the time...Also the SLR Titan is a good one...

MajorCaptSilly
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Mine was the original El Rico Habano. The current ones are strong but the original blend from the early-mid 90's made in Little Havana were so strong they made my lips numb!

MCS

Skywalker
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Throw me on the JdN Antanos pile as well.

Litto chisel made me sit down as well.

I remember when you smoked that Litto! You looked something like this > :D

:r:fu

The Antanos are pretty strong, but I only notice it on an empty stomach. Unless I haven't eaten I don't think I've ever gotten ill on nicotine.

What can I say you are a manly man!!! You smoke Triple Maduros for breakfast, JdN Antanos for lunch and Coyolars for dinner!!!

La Flor Dbl Ligero Chisel
and camacho coyolar.

I remember when you smoked that Coyolar! You looked something like this > :D

There is at least one guy at every Herf that turns green!!! I did a weak_link's house smoking my first Triple Maduro!!! :r

REALMCCOY
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
It was probably because I had an early dinner, but the best nic buzz I have had was courtesy of a CAO Brazilia GOL! I held off on this one for six months. I was about half way done, standing around talking with some friends when I felt light-headed and almost fainted.:r Not what I consider a real powerhouse but the only time I ever had my a$$ kicked by a cigar.

theonlybear4CORT
10-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I remember when you smoked that Coyolar! You looked something like this > :D

There is at least one guy at every Herf that turns green!!! I did a weak_link's house smoking my first Triple Maduro!!! :r fun times :chr

kgraybill
10-28-2008, 08:11 PM
:tpd:The 601 green is it for me. It was about 35 min. in to the cigar that I noticed I was chuckling at nothing. I never got sick, but I knew that nicotine was was working her magic. With that said, that cigar is one of my fav's and still delivers smooth, rich flavor despite all the punch from the nicotine.
:tpd:
Kicked my a$$.

brigey57
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
It was a Montecristo Habano, if I remember correctly it had a blue label. After smoking the cigar I got to shaking and felt nauseated. Then after sitting still for about two hours I started to feel better. By that time I had something to eat and drink before I began to feel a little better. It really knocked me back. :lv :ss I'll never forget that day.

groogs
10-28-2008, 09:23 PM
For me it was a Monte #2 I smoked a few months ago. I was drinking and about half way through I though the beers were getting to me, so I quite drinking. I kept smoking untill there was nothing but a nub left, and at that point I realized it wasn't the beer that was getting to me. I was laying on my living room floor for about twenty minutes before I was able to drag myself into the kitchen to eat some ice cream. I smoke full bodied smokes from time to time(JDN, RP Edge Maduro, etc...) and nothing has ever hit me as hard as the Monte did. I have another one resting and I don't think I will be lighting it up soon.

CoventryCat86
10-29-2008, 12:29 AM
LFD Double Ligero Chisel comes to my mind first. I make sure to smoke those on a full stomach!

BillyCigars
10-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Add another one for the Chisel - I was getting woozy a few inches in....

68TriShield
10-29-2008, 05:30 AM
I'd have to say a Che custom rolled.

Prefy
10-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Litto Gomez Diez Chisel

same except the Lucitano variety.

jjirons69
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Mine was the original El Rico Habano. The current ones are strong but the original blend from the early-mid 90's made in Little Havana were so strong they made my lips numb!

Papajohn67 gave me one that leveled me!

skibumdc
10-29-2008, 10:33 AM
It was a Montecristo Habano, if I remember correctly it had a blue label. After smoking the cigar I got to shaking and felt nauseated. Then after sitting still for about two hours I started to feel better. By that time I had something to eat and drink before I began to feel a little better. It really knocked me back. :lv :ss I'll never forget that day.

No cuban Monte's have blue labels.
I think your talking about the Monte Media Noche.

For me it was a Tat Verocu West Coast. Guess I didn't have enough dinner that night.

Mr.Maduro
10-29-2008, 10:38 AM
For me, it was the

AVO 80th (twice)

and then a

Padron 80th (fresh - its mellower now)

Maybe it has something to do with the number 80? :rolleyes:

Domer
10-29-2008, 11:49 AM
JdN Antano

Had one a couple years back. I was coming off a week with a cold and wanted to smoke something that would have enough body so that I could taste as my head was still clearing. The guy at the b&m recommended the Antano as a fuller smoke. By the first third I was chugging coke to try to offset the nicotine rush with some sugar. Smoked the whole thing at the b&m and when I stood to leave I felt the urge to lay down. I felt drunk as I had to drive home. Haven't touched one since.

This cigar made me leery of power smokes, not normal full bodied cigars but the ones you hear horror stories about. I have bought and given away several lfd chisels since because I never could work up the nerve to smoke one cause I have heard they are more powerful than the JdN Antano. However, eventually I will smoke one after a large meal.

Pipe&Cigar
10-29-2008, 12:09 PM
After reading this thread I have a few Gars in my humi I am afraid to try... I think there are a lot of external factors that play into a cigar kicking your A$$. My only bad experience happened while smoking an Oliva Special V Figurado (6x60) On an empty stomach while drinking. I showered Brushed my teeth and layed down One minute later I was back in the Bathroom :pu

I love the V Lanceros but haven't pulled out another Figurado since.

FriskyDingo
10-29-2008, 01:04 PM
I smoked 2 La Flor Dominicana DL Chisel Gorda's about 2 hours apart and I think I passed out.. still not too sure about what happened!

JdN Antano did it to me a while back as well, but the strongest cigar ever was a Fiero Negro. Very hard to find. I'm not sure if it's made anymore. I have heard others call it the "shake and sweats" cigar.

rizzle
10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
LFD DL700 and Camacho Triple Maduro

Yep, that would be the one.

DPD6030
10-29-2008, 02:36 PM
LFD Double Ligero Chisel. I came very close to hurling but the a few teaspoons of sugar helped.

hdroadglide
10-29-2008, 02:37 PM
all mentioned so far a nice strong sticks, but none that have bothered me. however, i just tried a litto "cheroot". it is the most innocent looking little stick you'll ever see. made with 100% ligero! until i got about half way into it, i was taking the most dainty slow draws i've ever taken!
and then the next evening i smoked another.

RottenZombie
10-29-2008, 02:37 PM
The one that has hit me the hardest was a 2004 Forbidden X . I was driving from Jacksonville,FL to Miami with a load of Motorcycles . I had to pull over in a rest area In FT Pierce to walk around and clear my head.

:dance::dance:

shilala
10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I've only ever gotten a nicotine buzz a few times from cigars, but it's cause I chew a can of snuff a day, I suppose. 35 year old habit, so I'm probably a bit insensitive to the nicotine. It's why I like strong, sweet, dark cigars, too. They're like home. :)

Last June I was taking my taxes to my tax guy. I was so proud that my taxes were only a couple months late that I decided to celebrate the drive with a big Anejo.
I was chewing on it hard and it was salty and made really dark spit. Add to that I was smoking it 100 miles an hour like I always do.
About three blocks from the tax office I went "Dood." I was totally crosseyed. It was awesome. I had to sit in the car for 15 minutes and chill before I could take my taxes in.
When I came back out I fired the Anejo back up, but never regained the power-buzz.
That was a good smoke that day. :tu

nozero
10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Back then, as I recall, it was a toss up between a Sancho Panza Extra Fuete or one of the El Rico Habanos.

DavenportESQ
10-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I always fancied myself a real man and 1 claimed no cigar had kicked my ass! Then I smoked a LG SB 1. It was a gift to me from my good friend Bob at a herf. I smoked that bad boy for over 2 hours often trying to pawn it off on friends saying how good it was. which it was, but I was buzzing for sure

jaymz
10-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Just looked that up on the Camacho website. It was definitely the Coyolar. I remember this beauty now. I might have to revisit this stick to see if it has the same effect now that my n00bness has worn off a little bit. I have at least progressed to a FNG.

Tried one of these the other night at the B&M. Heard they won an award for "strongest cigar" or something. I could feel the nicotine hit about 2/3rds through, but it didn't take me out.:ze maybe i'll try an JDN next. I want to see if there's anything out there that can put me down.

DavenportESQ
10-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Jams what about the LFD El Jocko or the DL 700. Powerhouses. I would be impressed if they didnt test your limits

dcamacho
10-29-2008, 09:38 PM
nothing yet, but speaking about that Coyolar, its really good. one of my favorite Camachos :ss

BengalMan
10-29-2008, 10:04 PM
The El Cobre is definitely up there. The LFD "icepick" is another very strong cigar. This was the pre-production of the "Cheroot" I believe. Honestly, the JdN's haven't really done much to me. The Oliva Serie V Maduro is definitely a strong stick that when smoked on an empty stomach, will do a number on you.

MWiltse
10-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Maduro Opus xXx.

STYX&STONED
10-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Its only happened to me once and it was an original El Rico Habano

Pyro
10-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I have felt dizzy and nauseated several times when smoking too many cigars in a too short period of time during herfs. Usually I only feel a slight discomfort during the herf and the real agony comes when I get home. I have never hurled yet though (only been very close twice!).

The only single cigar that have made me feel nicotine poisoned was a young Ashton VSG robusto that I was forced to finish quickly due to some complaints from dinner guests in a bar. I bounced like a snooker ball between the walls of the corridor in my hotel on my way to my room!

MarkinAZ
10-30-2008, 03:30 PM
[watching this thread with great interest] :tt

:hmC'mon Joan, spill it;)

TripleF
10-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Camacho Triple Maduro. I nose exhaled and almost started crying.

croatan
10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
'95 Juan Lopez #2. As anyone who was at the pre-SoCal S.H.I.T. herf this year can attest. Blew away any Taboadoa double ligero or NC I've ever tried. The thing was just crazy strong (which surprised the hell out of me, by the way).

jaymz
10-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Jams what about the LFD El Jocko or the DL 700. Powerhouses. I would be impressed if they didnt test your limits

Maduro jocko or conny?

Tazziedevil
10-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Joya De Nicaragua Consul. Smoked it about a year ago, and I think I still feel the buzz!

ucla695
10-31-2008, 06:46 AM
I've had a some fresh Opus that have made my heart palpitate from the nicotine....not a good feeling.

KidRock
10-31-2008, 06:40 PM
I had a CAO Vision and it knocked my ass right out. I had a huge meal an hour before I smoked it.

auburnfan1980
10-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Once, we were herfing at my buddy's house with several of the usual smoking gang over and I had just gotten through making fun of a friend of mine who had smoked an Oliva Series O and started getting green-faced. I was bragging about how tough I was and how many full-bodied sticks I could smoke consecutively. I had not yet eaten that evening, and on an empty stomach, smoked both a LFD DL 700 and an Oliva Series V Figurado. I stood up from my comfortable spot on the vintage sofa, tried to steady myself as my head began spinning, and made a mad dash for the bathroom where all hell broke loose. First and only time, my friends, and never again will I stick my foot in my mouth like that! haha

Jason

Conch Republican
10-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Cohiba Sublime EL (2004) - Great cigar - and glued me to the chair! :ss

Sauer Grapes
10-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario is the only cigar that ever hit me hard enough to make me physically shake, lay down and feel like I was going to puke.

CigarDoc
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
I dunno whether it was the circumstances surrounding or the stick, but I had a Cienfuegos once while deployed. I worked late and had a quick dinner, I think I ate a couple chicken tacos or something, then went to our nightly herf and lit this thing up. About 2/3rds into it, I was laying on the ground, laughing like a schoolgirl. I dunno what happened...

sofaman
11-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Its between a fresh Opus Power Ranger and a Comacho Triple Maduro

stevefrench
11-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I smoked a 1998 PUNCH Double Corona a couple years ago that made my knees buckle. :(

Skywalker
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Once, we were herfing at my buddy's house with several of the usual smoking gang over and I had just gotten through making fun of a friend of mine who had smoked an Oliva Series O and started getting green-faced. I was bragging about how tough I was and how many full-bodied sticks I could smoke consecutively. I had not yet eaten that evening, and on an empty stomach, smoked both a LFD DL 700 and an Oliva Series V Figurado. I stood up from my comfortable spot on the vintage sofa, tried to steady myself as my head began spinning, and made a mad dash for the bathroom where all hell broke loose. First and only time, my friends, and never again will I stick my foot in my mouth like that! haha

Jason

The Oliva O fooled me!!! It looks so harmless!!! I had just put the baby down for a nap. Power smoked an Oliva O and could barely stand up or function!!!

ripper
11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
The old Maria Mancini brand from J-R in pre-outlet store days, when J-R was just a Mom & Pop shop in New York. A powerhouse - I was seeing monkeys playing saxophones.

Skywalker
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm putting the CAO LX2 on my list!!!:ss

sikk50
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
1 year old Opus X (#4 i think?) made me toss on my birthday this year, but there was a large some of tequila involved so I don't think it's fair to judge.

The JdN Antano hands my ass to me every time though.

MithShrike
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Huh... I thought the El Cobre was a medium smoke in strength. Really tasty though.

As you may have read, last October I got to smoke two El Cobre by Oliva cigars, a torpedo and a robusto. The El Cobre is a very heavy cigar, nicknamed ‘the lobotomizer’ and ‘el muerto fuerte’ and till this month only available at Brian Shapiro’s shop but now Non Plus Ultra in Den Bosch will start selling them too. As the torpedo’s were not available, I ordered a bundle of toro’s. When I got them last Thursday I thought that there was a mix up, as there toro’s look more like coronas to me with the 152mm length and ring 46.

The El Cobre cigars have a very nice appearance, dark wrapper and a sophisticated black and copper band. The wrapper has some nice veins which give it a strong and rough look, the aroma is heavy and full but the cigar does feel a bit hard, rolled to tight and that causes the predraw to be kind of heavy. The cigar was a bit dry though, so hopefully it will improve if I let them rest for a while in my humidor. The predraw gave a black pepper flavor.

The pepper is also clearly there when I light the cigar. It’s like being kicked in the balls, this cigar is heavy, very heavy. There was a piece of paper at the bottom of the bundle warning me, it said “super fuerte” but I thought I was a big boy, until I lit the cigar, damn, what a power. To the palate again, heavy black pepper with leather and after a couple of centimeters a few hints of dark chocolate. The pepper is so strong it completely overpowers the chocolate and all other flavors, if there were any. I do notice that the pepper is not really consistent, with some puffs the pepper is stronger then with the next puff or the puff before, sometimes is heavier and spicier then the other time.

At about ¾ of the cigar I start to feel light headed, like I drank too much wine in a short period of time. This cigar is beating me, it’s too strong for me. I felt like Michael Spinks in a fight with Mike Tyson (Spinks was the reigning champion in the light heavyweight champion who had the idea that he could beat Tyson back in 1988, “the fight of the champions” lasted 91 seconds). I try to take control and keep on smoking, but like a fish on a line, I know I will lose the fight anyway. This cigar got me and it got me good.

The draw is heavy, maybe because the cigar is too dry. The smoke is white, but it could be fuller and the burn is pretty and straight. The ash is fantastic, strong and firm. It breaks only once.

Mr B
01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Dont really catch a buzz from any but a couple have made me fell like pukeing.
9 am, on the lake. Nothing in the tummy but coffee and I had a Camacho Negro my buddy gave me. I did'nt like it and it did'nt like me.
The second one was a NUB Habano on a pretty empty stomach. got the queezies at work after my NUB lunch.

M1903A1
01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
An '05 RyJ Cazadores, gifted by Icehog, that I smoked two Novembers ago.

I'd had a full dinner beforehand, so I didn't get sick, but I was so high I'm surprised I didn't hear from air traffic control....

karmaz00
01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
JDN antano beli...packs a punch

SilverFox
01-08-2009, 05:17 PM
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel- completely knocked me on my ass. In truth the only time I have ever been completely beat down by a cigar. It is the one and only one I will ever smoke. Evil does not begin to describe it. I have smoked 8 cigars back to back and never had this issue.

Nimbus
01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
A fresh Opus X gifted to me at a herf. Almost made me :pu

Footbag
01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
I one jumped into a Jacuzzi with a Camacho hanging out of my mouth. That was the last time i smoked a cigar in a Jacuzzi. I had a dizzy spinny headache for two days.

Sauer Grapes
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I'd have to say a Che custom rolled.

Well I'll make sure and avoid that one. Shouldn't be too hard. :r

MarkinAZ
01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Evil does not begin to describe it.

:r:r I love it :r:r

Sauer Grapes
01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel- completely knocked me on my ass. In truth the only time I have ever been completely beat down by a cigar. It is the one and only one I will ever smoke. Evil does not begin to describe it. I have smoked 8 cigars back to back and never had this issue.

Hmm... me thinks you should revisit this one. Of course, I've only had the chiselitos, but the chisels can't be too much stronger. I'm voting that time you were a victim of circumstance.

shadow king
03-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Hmmm never had any of the above mentioned cigars. Been smoking cigars for 6 years now and only twice has a cigar kicked my ass. When I first started smoking cigars, I did a few blind buys and had gotten a Partigas Black label sampler. My 2nd cigar I ever smoked was the PB Bravo. I just picked it randomly out of my new humi...big mistake. Halfway thru I was so dizzy I thought I was gonna pass out.

Fast forward 4 years...by now I was pretty keen on what I liked and disliked. Bought a bundle of Gurkha Centurian XX's. It came with a really cool Gurkha knife (I confess thats the only reason I bought this cigar) It started out really mellow, about halfway thru I hit the fat spot and it was really creamy, then BAM. Was super dizzy, reminded me of the Partigas Black but something felt different. Then I realized I about to chum the waters. I never had a harder time trying to get to the bathroom. I gave one of these cigars to a friend who was a regular cigg smoker. I told him of my misfoutunes and he said it was the smoothest cigar he'd ever smoked.... to each his own I guess.

Tredegar
03-18-2009, 05:48 AM
Only twice has a cigar beat me down. The first time was when I had a Esteban Carrera Churchill. But I attribute this to the tar oozing out of the head of the cigar after about 10 minutes. After the tar appeared it was unsmokeable. But it did knock me on my butt, if nothing else, from all the nicotine in the tar.

The other one was a Gurkha Special Edition Black Puro. Just for giggles I picked up a couple of singles from the devil site. This past weekend I decided to try one. The cigar was nice. It was smooth all the way throughout and picked up a little bit of spice towards the end. The flavor other than that was a bit monotone, but still enjoyable. IT didn't hit me until I was done. I needed to lay down for a while. My heart was racing and it took an hour or two for everything to settle down.

BeerAdvocate
03-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Camacho Triple Maduro with no lunch - kicked my butt hard one day!

mosesbotbol
03-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Early 90's Quintero!

e-man67
03-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Don Lino Africa...bought a 5vr, puked after smoking the first one, got green sick on the next 2 (even after letting them season for 6 months in the hum), gave one to the neighbor and one to a forum member. Yuk! :(

TripleF
03-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Nothing really powerful with nicotine....

I did get a little queezy from a JDN Antano one morning while fishing.

thebiglebowski
03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Early 90's Quintero!

really, moses? were those machine made back then?

borndead1
03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Famous Nicaraguan 3000 presidente - on an empty stomach.

Followed closely by a Pepin Blue toro. Made me a little dizzy toward the end.

ChicagoWhiteSox
03-18-2009, 09:42 AM
My first Opus X which was very fresh, the smoothness fooled me big time and i smoked it way too fast. Thats the only time ive been kicked by a cigar.

hotreds
03-18-2009, 10:10 AM
I try to avoid smoking on an empty stomach. My problem is that when I get down to the last third of a cigar I start smoking it quickly, and then I get into trouble. Never really sick, just that strange "heady" feeling- a "buzz" I guess you could call it. Some that have given me this feeling include the Opus X, AVO LE 08, Davidoff Millenium, DPG Cuban Classic, Graycliff Doble Expresso, Icon, Illusiine CG4, JdeN Antaño, Padron 1964.

This is also not to mean that I did not enjoy the cigars, in many cases I did. Another thing I've also noticed is that some that I listed as "strong" when I first started I no longer do so- such as the CAO Italia and Brazil; two favorites nowadays.

Although I have not smoked many Cubans, I have yet to experience any negative effects from same.

BC-Axeman
03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
I always get kicked by a Taboo Special Forces Original. I have learned not to smoke one at a herf.

MarkinAZ
03-18-2009, 10:26 AM
I always get kicked by a Taboo Special Forces Original. I have learned not to smoke one at a herf.

Or, smoke it too quickly:dance:

HawkEye19
03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm in the same boat as the Shadow King. I had a Partagas Black at a B&M one afternoon. I'm pretty sure driving home after that was not my best move.

RevSmoke
03-18-2009, 11:54 AM
When I say powerful, I mean nicotine strength!!!:ze

You know that one that kicked your can all over the place!!!:bx

The one that made you hurl!!!:pu

The cigar that made you want your mommy!!!:eek:

What is your story???

I don't remember one ever doing such to me.

icantbejon
03-18-2009, 12:03 PM
The first time I smoked a Tat RC-184 it kicked my @ss prett soundly. I stood up and quickly sat back down for a few.

RBOrrell
03-18-2009, 12:15 PM

MCS

Same for me.. I was gifted one from the owner of a B&M in Buffalo. It knocked me on my a$$.

rizzle
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
La Flor Dominicana DL700.

Darrell
03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I powered through an Opus X Belicoso XxX (aka Power Ranger). I was green and sick and almost vomited. :r

Rabidsquirrel
03-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Had an LGD Chisel and a JdN corona on separate occasions without a problem. Smoked an Opus X Robusto and it turned me green and I could barely walk.

The wife saw me come to bed and did a double take when I walked in when she saw my color. :)

That thing made me not want to smoke cigars for a bit.

DocLogic77
03-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Partagas 898v

14holestogie
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Got one from RevSmoke for last year's AZ trip. Don't know if it was the sun, the lack of food in the belly, or the way I smoked it, but I had to drop it before it dropped me. :)

KidRock
03-18-2009, 07:03 PM
CAO Vision. Wired I know. I think they gave me the one with extra nicotine.

CBI_2
03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Wow! I have never had one cigar totally kick my behind. Got a little light headed near the end of my first triple maduro Camacho but I smoked it on an empty stomach.

The only other time was New Years Eve of 06/07. I had just started smoking 12/03/06 and I was half way through my 4th cigar of the night, an Indios Puros, when I got light headed and thought "Holy Cr*P! I need to put this down before I fall out."

elderboy02
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
When I first got into cigars an Onxy Reserve killed me. I didn't know to smoke on a full stomach

Back in August a Nub Habano destroyed me on an empty stomach.

Taboo Cigars
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM

Got one from RevSmoke for last year's AZ trip. Don't know if it was the sun, the lack of food in the belly, or the way I smoked it, but I had to drop it before it dropped me. :)

:ss Sorry Guys! The blend is too much for some and not enough for others. We actually made it stronger about a year ago and it was too strong for me, so we have been blending less Ligero (this last year) than we did on the original production. Starts off mild to me but can sneak up on ya. Eat first! The strength should kick in about 1/4 into it and level off about 1/3 to 1/2 way in.
:D Flavor should increase until the finish.

Texan in Mexico
03-19-2009, 12:12 PM
The most powerful cigar I have ever smoked has got to be cuadruple ligero Party Custom I had with Wallace over at LCDH GC. I did a review here - man that was a powerful stick!

BC-Axeman
03-19-2009, 12:27 PM
:ss Sorry Guys! The blend is too much for some and not enough for others. We actually made it stronger about a year ago and it was too strong for me, so we have been blending less Ligero (this last year) than we did on the original production. Starts off mild to me but can sneak up on ya. Eat first! The strength should kick in about 1/4 into it and level off about 1/3 to 1/2 way in.
:D Flavor should increase until the finish.
Wow! So now I have original Originals! Torp and Lancero. I would have to say that they don't taste too strong and that may be part of why they sneak up on you.

rizzle
03-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Wow! I have never had one cigar totally kick my behind. Got a little light headed near the end of my first triple maduro Camacho but I smoked it on an empty stomach.

The only other time was New Years Eve of 06/07. I had just started smoking 12/03/06 and I was half way through my 4th cigar of the night, an Indios Puros, when I got light headed and thought "Holy Cr*P! I need to put this down before I fall out."
Yeah, but you're a real man Paul.
:ze

Super3
03-19-2009, 12:58 PM
The San Cristobals from Ashton always kick me hard.
Get a little woozy and light-headed.

:al

FullBodied
03-19-2009, 01:53 PM
IMHO if you want strength, try a LFD DL700. One of my staples, definitely satisfies!:ss

CBI_2
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah, but you're a real man Paul.
:ze
:r:r And don't you forget it. :dance:

ca21455
03-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Had a freshly hand rolled cigar at a Mexican resort a couple of years back that really kicked my butt. The roller asked if I liked strong cigars and of course I said yes. He smiled and rolled this beauty and handed it to me. I paid him, put it carefully in my pocket and went to dinner. Smoked it watching the sunset. The combination of a full day, many free drinks and the cigar made it quite difficult to maneuver back to the room. :)

Sam Leccia
03-19-2009, 07:03 PM
The most powerful cigar that I smoked that is a production cigar, would be the El Cobre.

Walt
03-20-2009, 07:46 AM
First one to ever make me a little sick to the stomach was a Camacho SLR shortly after I started getting into the hobby. After that it was a custom rolled stick made by Gilberto Oliva that found its way to me. That one didn't make me sick to the stomach, but I couldn't taste another cigar for a day or so and I got a headache.

Latest one to make me feel a little ill was a Litto Gomez Cheroot (Ice Pick). The person that give it to me neglected to mention that it was all ligero as I lit it up before lunch one day at the local shop.

Anymore it seems like I can handle many of the powerhouses without issue, just need to make sure I smoke them later in the day and I'm fine.

Robert Mabona
03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
LFD Double Ligero Chisel. It has one hour dimensions and it took me 2 hours 20 minutes of sweating and relighting. Punishment was worth the crime. I felt like I should have been looking over my shoulder for blue lights.

Robert Mabona
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
A close second was the Camacho Limited Edition Natural 6"x48/54/48. It offered no reprieve throughout.

tobii3
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Latest one..Litto Gomez Cheroot (Ice Pick)

...aka ""Crack Stick""..YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!

flat6nut
06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Some good ideas here for my next cigar quest. I can honestly say that I have never had any type of buzz from a cigar, but I would love to try one that has a chance of it.

bowhnter
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Even though it is supposed to be closer to medium, and I love their fullest LX2, a CAO Criollo did it for me.

kelmac07
06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
LFD Double Ligero Chisel made me dizzzzzzzzzzzzzy.

hornitosmonster
06-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Custom Rolled & Blended Habanos Torres Cigar...

SmokinCozy
06-30-2009, 11:52 PM
A friend and myself after only a few months in to this world had a fresh Opus Robusto. We were both sick to our stomachs and couldn't finish the sticks. We split the box and I could touch another for a year, and when I did, I thought it was just an ok cigar and not worth the hype. I tried another a year later and was one of the best cigars I have had. I was able to get a few aged, and now I will not smoke a young Opus. I just received some and was thinking of taking the jump on a fresh one again to see if I have grown up :r

WyGuy
07-01-2009, 05:01 PM
The other night I had a moderately fresh Opus X Robusto and it kicked my ass, to date the most powerful I've smoked.

flat6nut
07-01-2009, 05:38 PM
LFD Double Ligero Chisel made me dizzzzzzzzzzzzzy.

Isnt that Rush Limbaugh's fave smoke?

NCRadioMan
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Isn't that Rush Limbaugh's fave smoke?

It's his favorite nc. ;)

darkninja67
07-01-2009, 07:52 PM
This thread makes me keekle. I can smoke Antanos all day and not feel a thing. I recall the Chisel doing me in but I have some tolerance now. Just got two in today so I will revisit them.

TripleF
07-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Bout 3 or 4 weeks ago I was enjoying a MasterBlend 3 when the room started to spin. Kicked my A$$ as I was sitting in the recliner at work. YOWZAH!!

CBI_2
07-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Close one. LFD double ligero chisel, Camacho triple maduro.

However, on Father's Day I only had one English muffin for breakfast before meeting up with TripleF at a sister-in-laws. Promptly grabbed some Maker's Mark and an Oliva V Maduro and sat under a big shade tree to enjoy.

Got down to about an inch and a half of cigar and half inch of drink and it started to kick my behind. I told Scott and had to put down the rest of my smoke and empty my drink. I had to sit for a bit then get inside and eat something.

Tough combo on an empty stomach.

issues
01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
*Dusts off thread*

I generally smoke strong cigars so while messing around with the search engine I came across this beauty of a thread... :ss

Many of the cigars here I've tried before but none kicked my ass like my first encounter with a Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo.

This cigar was described by Drew Estates president Steve Saka as a "nicotine I.V. drip".

Smoked it and didn't move from my chair for at least 1/2 hour after for fear of either falling or losing my dinner. The next day I went back to my local B&M and bought every Robusto they had left in stock! :D

It may be a strong stick but man is it tasty.

Still have 3 stick left in my locker there. :tu

Knip23
01-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Natural by Drew Estates Maduro EGG!!!! didnt make me hurl but had a head ache from H ELL! Something ill never do again.

bobarian
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Smoked a Dark Corojo Antano a few weeks ago. Not much stronger than a regular Antano if at all. But it lacked the flavors of the regular blend. I will stick to the regular Antano and when I want a nic kick I'll pick up a Litto. :banger

RightAJ
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
*Dusts off thread*

I generally smoke strong cigars so while messing around with the search engine I came across this beauty of a thread... :ss

Many of the cigars here I've tried before but none kicked my ass like my first encounter with a Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo.

This cigar was described by Drew Estates president Steve Saka as a "nicotine I.V. drip".

Smoked it and didn't move from my chair for at least 1/2 hour after for fear of either falling or losing my dinner. The next day I went back to my local B&M and bought every Robusto they had left in stock! :D

It may be a strong stick but man is it tasty.

Still have 3 stick left in my locker there. :tu

I need to get one of these... lol I love the regular Antanos and basically anything strong:ss

Not much kicks my @ss anymore, but I recall a Padron 26 Maddie beating me up a but when I first started smoking. The closest lately was an LFD DL Chisel which was a beast, and of course the T110 was pretty darn strong. I'm surprised nobody mentioned that amazing little crack stick yet!

aj

RightAJ
01-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Are there any beastly CCs out there? I have heard the RyJ Cazedores is strong but haven't had one... anything else?

aj

BigAsh
01-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Bout 3 or 4 weeks ago I was enjoying a MasterBlend 3 when the room started to spin. Kicked my A$$ as I was sitting in the recliner at work. YOWZAH!!

C'mon Scott, Can you really call it "Work"? :r:r... The JdN Antano as well....Smoked my first one Christmas time 2008....nice day in early December and on extension ladder hanging a big wreath from the roof gable...DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!...Very slow climb back down the ladder where my son was dusting off ash from the tossed cigar!....was able to revive the smoke once back on solid ground :r

issues
01-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Are there any beastly CCs out there? I have heard the RyJ Cazedores is strong but haven't had one... anything else?

aj

Unfortunately, I have yet to enjoy a CC so I couldn't tell ya.

I would also add a Cain Maduro 550 or 660 to the list. I smoked one of those too quickly last summer in the heat of the day between meals and got a bit sweaty and it wasn't caused by the heat!

klipsch
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
and of course the T110 was pretty darn strong. I'm surprised nobody mentioned that amazing little crack stick yet!

aj

I think that the only reason that EVERYBODY hasn't mentioned the T110...is because of the amount of people that still have yet to smoke one. That stick has humbled every single person I've given one too, regardless of their previous smoking experience. I can't think of anything even remotely close to them...except for the Black Ghost coming out of Albany. :ss

Mr B
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
I had a DPG Blue Firecracker the other day (complements of Sonic Mike) that gave me a little woopass. Awesome flavors too.

Jbailey
01-28-2010, 10:42 AM

aj

I've smoked pretty much all the strong NC's and nothing seems to really bother me. IMHO there really aren't strong cubans, if that's what you're after stick with NC's. Still haven't had a freash or newer cazedore and one of my favorite smokes is the punch ss#2 which I don't find to be all that stong, just great flavor.

Wolfgang
01-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Something from a gas station counter top.

dannysguitar
01-28-2010, 10:58 AM
RP Winter 09 Corona got me at the B&M. I had just eaten breakfast! It was when they were first released. I really liked the cigar tho...

RightAJ
01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
I think that the only reason that EVERYBODY hasn't mentioned the T110...is because of the amount of people that still have yet to smoke one. That stick has humbled every single person I've given one too, regardless of their previous smoking experience. I can't think of anything even remotely close to them...except for the Black Ghost coming out of Albany. :ss

Had the Ghost too :D Pretty strong but tasty!

aj

Adriftpanda
01-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Haven't had one that kicked my butt lately, last one might be the LG chiesel.

mosesbotbol
01-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Joya de Nicaragua cigars are really strong.

issues
01-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Any way of finding this cigar?

Definitely sounds like something I want to try. :tu

Mugen910
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
you can call the shop...or ask one of the Albany crew members..

Doctorossi
01-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Any way of finding this cigar?

Where there's a will...

Come on up to Albany- we'll hook you up.

Tripp
01-28-2010, 12:57 PM
I haven't had something that really kicked my a$$ in a long time. The last one I remember was a JDN Antano that actually made me think I was coming down with the flu 3-4 years go. I smoked a second one and realized how sick I felt after before I figured out it was the cigar that caused it.

I LOVE the T110. It's pretty strong, but I don't really even feel a buzz after one.

BeerAdvocate
01-28-2010, 01:20 PM
My 1st Camacho Triple Maduro.
No one told me to eat before I smoked it!

the nub
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Most powerful was a fresh PSD4 (old blend) on an empty stomach with low blood sugar. Other than that, nothing that I couldn't exhale through the nose or suffered illness from. There was a time when I smoked the strongest cigars I could find. Turns out the reason was because everything up until that point lacked flavor, therefore I needed something to satisfy my senses. Now that I've found cigars with flavor, I don't care about strength. On occasion I will smoke big sticks before breakfast but nothing affects me.

PeteSB75
01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
At one of the first NY Herfs we had, one of the guys there (Bmagin320) hands me a Camacho Diadema. After thanking him and firing it up, I remember thinking to myself, this is pretty strong. I smoked it for about an hour - maybe halfway through - before I started to sweat. Had a coke, no help. Finally had to get up and walk outside for some fresh air at about 1:15, with the cigar about 2/3 smoked. Was all I could do to keep my dinner - very recently eaten.

Tripp
01-28-2010, 02:08 PM
At one of the first NY Herfs we had, one of the guys there (Bmagin320) hands me a Camacho Diadema. After thanking him and firing it up, I remember thinking to myself, this is pretty strong. I smoked it for about an hour - maybe halfway through - before I started to sweat. Had a coke, no help. Finally had to get up and walk outside for some fresh air at about 1:15, with the cigar about 2/3 smoked. Was all I could do to keep my dinner - very recently eaten.

:r

You looked a lot worse than you make it sound. :p

I'd actually forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder

PeteSB75
01-28-2010, 02:40 PM
:r

You looked a lot worse than you make it sound. :p

I'd actually forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder

Thanks. How you doin man? Enjoying the left coast?

CigarNut
01-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Don Pepin Cuban Classic 1979... I really like these cigars, just need to be careful...

SureShot81
01-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Tatuaje T110 is a pretty strong smoke to me. Only cigar in a long time to make me light-headed.

Skywalker
01-28-2010, 03:37 PM
My 1st Camacho Triple Maduro.
No one told me to eat before I smoked it!

I ate before I smoked it and after!!! Nice two hour cigar!!!:tu

Robert Mabona
01-28-2010, 09:34 PM
back in the late mid to late 90's there was a cigar called "mi cubano" with a simple, thin blue label. it was sold in an upright cedar box. that cigar made me sweat.
the camcho CLE (unreleased blend). incredile smoke. very similar experience.

RevSmoke
01-29-2010, 06:13 AM
back in the late mid to late 90's there was a cigar called "mi cubano" with a simple, thin blue label. it was sold in an upright cedar box. that cigar made me sweat.

I remember them. Kind of really innovative packaging for the time. Not a bad cigar - not great, but not bad.

Robert Mabona
01-29-2010, 06:38 AM
we're probably thinking of the same cigar. i had the same impression.

captain53
01-29-2010, 08:06 AM
LaGloria Cubana Serie R #7 Maduro:tu - tried most of those previously mentioned and they are like dessert compared to these monsters which I really enjoy now. Seriously I enjoy a LFD Chisel Double Ligero on a regular basis and they are like introductory level compared to the #7. Next strongest I can think of (NC) is the triple maduro Camachos.

The story to support it is: one of the first ones I tried was a number of years ago when I sat out by the pool in the Hot Summer Sun with a couple of martinis and enjoyed a #7 before dinner all the way to the nub when it was time to go to dinner. I barely made the ride to the restaurant then just sat and watched my plate spin till I finally got a few bites of bread into me. Wow it was a frightfull experience!:banger

darkninja67
01-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I bet the LFD DL700 would put one hell of a butt kicking on most of us.

I need to try one.

CigarGuy88
01-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Fernando's Lanceretto from Habana Premium in Albany NY. Every f-ing time it hits me like a brick wall.

Giant & 49er Fan
01-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I ate before I smoked it and after!!! Nice two hour cigar!!!:tu

Last cigar to get thrown out the window! Only Strength! :2