PDA

View Full Version : Long-Term Temporary Storage

stearns
01-19-2010, 07:57 AM
As some of you know, i'll be studying abroad in madrid this semester (leaving tomorrow night). I'm broke and can't afford to buy too many cigars there, so i plan on bringing a bunch with me. what is the best way to store/travel with these? keep in mind i'll be gone for 4 months. i was thinking some high quality tupperware and some beads out of my vino, it wont be opened too much here so i dont think a little less will be too much of an issue. any tips or advice?

thanks
stearns

longknocker
01-19-2010, 08:03 AM
As some of you know, i'll be studying abroad in madrid this semester (leaving tomorrow night). I'm broke and can't afford to buy too many cigars there, so i plan on bringing a bunch with me. what is the best way to store/travel with these? keep in mind i'll be gone for 4 months. i was thinking some high quality tupperware and some beads out of my vino, it wont be opened too much here so i dont think a little less will be too much of an issue. any tips or advice?

thanks
stearns

Ben: High Quality Tupperware & "1" 65 RH Boveda Pack & You'll Be Fine For 4-6 Months!:2

Giant & 49er Fan
01-19-2010, 08:37 AM

thanks
stearns

I think your tupperdor will work just fine with the beads. Good luck in Madrid!!! :tu

elderboy02
01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Tupperware and 65% beads should be perfect.

Have fun in Madrid buddy! :tu

Deputy
01-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Buy a small cooler and turn it into a coolidor!

jmsremax
01-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Enjoy Spain. I wish I went abroad for a semester. That is my biggest regret of college.....not traveling. I decided to work instead.

okieRob
01-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I've used Tupperware with a chunk of spanish cedar and beads in it for an extended period - it works well. In some ways it is better than a cheap humidor - you know the Tupperware will seal well.

joeobx
01-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Take the Tupperware with you and have a friend send care packages every so often.

csbrewfisher
01-23-2010, 06:37 PM
That's an awesome opportunity! I'll bet you'll find some decent cigars there. Spanish Market Selection?

JE3146
01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I say a couple of those boveeda packets and a tupperdor or get a travel humi (30 to 50 cigar ones)

Travel humi would be my vote :D Durable as all get out, and you can keep your RH rock solid with a boveeda packet.

kelmac07
01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Enjoy Spain brother!! :tu Not too many senioritas!! :D

stearns
01-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I say a couple of those boveeda packets and a tupperdor or get a travel humi (30 to 50 cigar ones)

Travel humi would be my vote :D Durable as all get out, and you can keep your RH rock solid with a boveeda packet.

you really think i brought only 30-50 sticks? clearly you know know me as well as i thought you did :tu

stearns