PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gift Advice ...

cbsmokin
10-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Today is a good friends birthday. He occasionally smokes with me, but he does not have his own humidor or sticks. During the summer I bought a humi for him planing on giving it to him, but I never got around to it. I have seasoned it and even placed a variety of sticks in there for him to try out.

I am thinking of giving the humi and sticks to him tonight as a birthday present, but I hesitate because I wonder if it is a thoughtful gift or me pushing my habit on him? He is a great friend and I want him to have a memorable present.

I know all of you smoke so you may be biased, but what is your opinion?

zmancbr
10-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Well... why not get him two gifts... give him the humidor and something else thoughtful.

If he occasionally smokes with ya, and you think he might like it, then by all means give it to him. The bottom line is you know him better than us. And In my experience pushing people off the slope, they tend not to fight it too much... :D

CoroHo
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
If he occasionally smokes with you then he smokes, right? I think it's a great gift, but I wouldn't bug him later with questions about it. Let him enjoy it or abandon it.

cbsmokin
10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I gave him the Humi. He liked it. Now I just need to see if he fills it. Then I can buy him a cooler. :ss

zmancbr
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I gave him the Humi. He liked it. Now I just need to see if he fills it. Then I can buy him a cooler. :ss

Nice... that is what I like to hear!! :D

Opusfxd
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Unless you're really close, give him this: www.cigarbid.com and run!

CoroHo
10-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh that's EVIL for a noobie smoker...lol.

zmancbr
10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Unless you're really close, give him this: www.cigarbid.com and run!

Oh that's EVIL for a noobie smoker...lol.

Yes it is... but that is how we do it out here... bring 'em to the edge and then give 'em a big boot print off the cliff... :D