PDA

View Full Version : Montegue Cabinet Humidor = AWESOME

paris1129
01-09-2010, 07:42 AM
ALL Enjoy your Montegues (we should start a MOntegue thread:D)

Okay, so I'll be THAT guy and start the Montegue thread! :D I love my montegue cabinet! I went way bigger than I thought I would ever need, and its already got more in it than I had planned on buying! I was a bit nervious buying something of this magnitude online and having it shipped, but it was super easy and came very well packaged! Where are my Montegue brothers at? Post your pics of your Montegue setup!!

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/mdiionno/IMG_8388.jpg
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/mdiionno/IMG_8389.jpg
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/mdiionno/IMG_8390.jpg

neoflex
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Very nice. Hate to be the bearer or bad news but your going to outgrow it. I bought the Antietam Cabinet which is about the same size figuring I would never outgrow it and now my Desktop humi that was supposed to be for quarantine only is full too. Not the worst problem to have but don't be surprised when your overflowing :D

sjnovakovich
01-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Congrats! I love my Monte!

longknocker
01-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Beautiful Humis!:tu Anyone Have Any Idea How Many Sticks (Realistically) They Will Hold?

Thanks!:tu

marge796
01-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Very nice. Hate to be the bearer or bad news but your going to outgrow it. I bought the Antietam Cabinet which is about the same size figuring I would never outgrow it and now my Desktop humi that was supposed to be for quarantine only is full too. Not the worst problem to have but don't be surprised when your overflowing :D

John you're so right! I bought an Aristocrat last year and never thought I would out grow it but, I am happy to say I also bought a vinotemp this past summer to help with over flow issues. I looked long and hard at the Montegue but went with Aristocrat because I wanted some custom features. They're great looking humidors for sure!

:tu

Chris.....

MrOneEyedBoh
01-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I have a desktop that holds around 75 and then I have a vino and waiting for chasden to get finished on this round for the drawers.. Again my Desktop is filled along with the vino. Guess it is cool-a-dor time. But only issues I have with that is the temps. Im not sure if I can maintain 65 degrees..

So I was thinking of that cab like Paris bought... Maybe another vino? Its cheaper and holds temps.

eber
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
looks good :tu

BFallehy
01-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Beautiful Humis!:tu Anyone Have Any Idea How Many Sticks (Realistically) They Will Hold?

Thanks!:tu

I know at one point I have well over a hundred sticks in the top drawer and I think I have about 20 to 25 boxes in the bottem cabinet. I also got cedar trays to go on the top shelf of the cabinet for more storage of singles.

Trust me when I say I know I will eventualy outgrow it but it is deceptively deep and that may take a little while.

Here are some pics of mine.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss294/bfallehy/IMG_1330.jpg

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss294/bfallehy/IMG_1329.jpg

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss294/bfallehy/IMG_1331.jpg

Pics are a couple of months old so the stock has rotated a little but it is a great humi in my opinion.

joeobx
01-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I know at one point I have well over a hundred sticks in the top drawer and I think I have about 20 to 25 boxes in the bottom cabinet. I also got cedar trays to go on the top shelf of the cabinet for more storage of singles.

I have the same cabinet....I looked around a long time to find one my wife would let go in the family room. Where did you get the trays from, I like that idea. I don't know if it's the house or the cab. but I have a hard time keeping 65% since it got cold out and were running the heat more. I have a humidifier in the fam. room, but it struggles.

marge796
01-09-2010, 03:36 PM
I have the same cabinet....I looked around a long time to find one my wife would let go in the family room. Where did you get the trays from, I like that idea. I don't know if it's the house or the cab. but I have a hard time keeping 65% since it got cold out and were running the heat more. I have a humidifier in the fam. room, but it struggles.

Joe,

Put a small bowl of distilled water inside your Montegue that should help, it did me in my vino & cabinet.

Chris.....

BFallehy
01-09-2010, 03:42 PM

Chris has a good suggestion. Now in my area I don't have to worry about as much of a temp and humidity difference as you do in VA. But I keep two small 1 cup tuperwear cups that I have some charged beeds in. If the RH dips I just stick one of those in and it corrects. when it starts to climb I just take the cup out.
It has worked great for me, I also only realy check the RH once a week or so, it stays pretty good once it got conditioned well and I have had this humi for almost a year now and it is great.
Oh I also had to look around alot for something my girlfriend would be ok with. She likes this because it looks like a nice piece of forniture. :tu

BroncoHorvath
01-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I've got 42 boxes in my bottom part including a few cabs of 50.... I took my shelves out to stack them...
The only problem is when I want to smoke something that in the back, I have to make sure the boxes are stacked back in the same way.... It's a pain in the butt....
I'll take a picture of what it looks like when I open the bottom doors....
I'll be ordering a Aristocrat in a couple of months to put everything from that cabinet and my 60 bottle wine cellar neatly into the Aristocrat....

longknocker
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks For The Info, All!:) Aristocrats Seem To Be "The" Thing To Buy. Expensive, But, From What I hear, Well Worth It!:tu

marge796
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks For The Info, All!:) Aristocrats Seem To Be "The" Thing To Buy. Expensive, But, From What I hear, Well Worth It!:tu

Yes well worth it. If you can imagine it Bob will build it. I'm very, very happy with mine.

:tu

Chris.....

paris1129
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I also got cedar trays to go on the top shelf of the cabinet for more storage of singles.

Where did you get those trays? That is EXACTLY what I've been looking for and I can't seem to find them anywhere I am looking! Please share your source! :)

jmsremax
01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
how much can one expect to pay for one of these? I have a 150 ct desktop humidor and I just bought my first box.....it's downhill from here. Good thing I just got new skis last week. :ss

marge796
01-12-2010, 02:53 PM
how much can one expect to pay for one of these? I have a 150 ct desktop humidor and I just bought my first box.....it's downhill from here. Good thing I just got new skis last week. :ss

Down hill indeed Jon, enjoy the ride!

:r

Chris.....

MrOneEyedBoh
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
cheap humidors.com has them jms.

systm
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm going to get one next year (if space remains ;)) They are on Cbid pretty often, anyone have issues from them shipping?

BFallehy
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm going to get one next year (if space remains ;)) They are on Cbid pretty often, anyone have issues from them shipping?

I actualy got mine through cbid, the shipping is quite hefty but I was able to get mine for less, including shipping, than any of the other sites I looked for it on.

If you want one of these figure out how much you are willing to spend and stick to that price. if you don't win this week it will probably be back on the bidding in a week or two. :tu

paris1129
01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
How much was shipping from cbid for something that heavy?

BFallehy
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
How much was shipping from cbid for something that heavy?

I think it was like 70 to 80. Can't remember, I got it almost a year ago.

chippewastud79
01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
The Devil does a good job with shipping large humidors. Expensive, but with the price you could pay on your bid it is still usually significantly cheaper. Always remember to open it on the truck because once you sign the delivery papers you have little to no repercussions against CI or C-bid. :tu

paris1129
01-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Come on, folks! Who else has one of these bad boys? Post your pics so we can see your setups!! :D

Django
02-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Ok, here's one from across the big pond.
Bought it a while back, but due to low budget and my wife's allergy has had much content added :(

Oh and it has a Hydra now instead of the emergency-spunge :r

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-VWJLUWLA-D.jpg

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-GSWAE6OT-D.jpg

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-6GIHNRY7-D.jpg

KenyanSandBoa
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Wow...these are beautiful humis.

I've already outgrown one humi, maybe it's a good idea to just bite the bullet and upgrade. I have a wedding to pay for this year, but I'm sure I can come up with a good excuse as to why I have to buy one. :ss

sjnovakovich
02-06-2010, 05:03 AM
It IS a beautiful humi. I really didn't have high expectations as to looks, etc. when I ordered mine. When I unpacked it, I was very, very pleased with its look AND its functionality. Believe me when I say the depth of it is quite deceiving. It will hold a LOT of cigars. I have 12 boxes in mine right now and it looks quite empty.

Christoff
02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
I have been looking to get a cabinet humi for a month or so now. I really like the looks of the montegue. Problem is I want cabinet humi and a scotch cabinet all in one. In my searching I was unable to find internal dimensions of the Montegue; I've found the outside to be 30 inches tall. Now with the drawer and the legs that doesnt leave much room down below. Anyone willing to break out the tape measure and find the internal dimensions of the lower portion of the cabinet. I figure I need at least 12, preferably 14-16 inches of vertical space to hold my botles. With a 30 inch total height that doesnt leave me much room for cigars(the main function and reason for having it). Anyone have suggestions? FWI Im new and just used the search button for "cabinet humidor" and this thread was near the top. Forgive my insolence if an older thread has addressed a similar issue.

neoflex
02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Ok, here's one from across the big pond.
Bought it a while back, but due to low budget and my wife's allergy has had much content added :(

Oh and it has a Hydra now instead of the emergency-spunge :r

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-VWJLUWLA-D.jpg

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-GSWAE6OT-D.jpg

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-6GIHNRY7-D.jpg

Do you have any issues with keeping the temp below 75 with the cab sitting in front of a window?

RightAJ
02-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Beautiful humis! Looks like an elegant side table but open it up... and blam there's stogies lol

aj

Django
02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Do you have any issues with keeping the temp below 75 with the cab sitting in front of a window?

Lol, not really.
I live in Holland so in mid-summer outside temperatures usually peak at about 80.
And this is the coldest room in the house :r

But i did put it in the opposite corner, because i needed better access to the build-in closet behind it.

guado
02-18-2010, 01:23 PM
I have had a Montague for about 3 years now. GREAT humidor. I know keep a Hydra LG on the bottom and use an AUX fan blowing across some beads to help the top.

I ended up removing one of the shelves to make more room. if you stack the boxes just right you can fit QUITE a bit more int eh dead space behind the drawer. I Was able to fit about 6 extra boxes in that space. These humidors really hold soo much more than it seems. Mine is filled to where things fall out when I open it. IT is sad how fast you can outgrow a humi.

688sonarmen
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
So I've done some research and found that this is what I’m looking for. I have a few questions. Its it over kill to get the SM Hydra with the fan extension, 3 fans and 3lbs heartfelt beads? My thought process is the hydra will saturate the beads whenever they need it, but I want enough beads as if they were the only hydration so the humidor will recover faster and stay stable. Also can I just use the Hydra to season it by itself or should I wipe it down and put water in a bowl like a normal seasoning?

OLS
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Very nice. Hate to be the bearer or bad news but your going to outgrow it. :D

I don't know...once I liquuidate my Cigar01k, I will feel comfortable stocking only what a unit
that size would hold and just buying more as she gets a little emptier. I think it is fair to say
that there is a ritual we all seem to go through where we get a fever, and the only prescription
is more cigar-bell. But I also know there are a ton of people who get to a point and think they
have made an awful mistake letting their budget wildly outgrow their actual needs.
However, I do not know any way AROUND the standard scenario, better known as the slope.
It's just a process like fear, anger, denial, bargaining and acceptance.

OLS
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
open it up... and blam

hehehehe

joeobx
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't remember the exact amount of beads I bought but I know it was about 1/2 lb. more than I needed and they seem to do alright. during the winter when the heats running I have to rehydrate about 2 weeks. I put some weather seal along the door where they meet and that helped. Still happy I settled on this one.

Ahbroody
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Anybody have any feed back on "The Lauderdale" model. I like the look more than the Montegue. As OLS points out I am well past my slope days and cant afford it anyway. This size will hold exactly what I want and need. The Price is right for my broke arse also.

688sonarmen
09-28-2010, 05:30 PM
So I've done some research and found that this is what I’m looking for. I have a few questions. Its it over kill to get the SM Hydra with the fan extension, 3 fans and 3lbs heartfelt beads? My thought process is the hydra will saturate the beads whenever they need it, but I want enough beads as if they were the only hydration so the humidor will recover faster and stay stable. Also can I just use the Hydra to season it by itself or should I wipe it down and put water in a bowl like a normal seasoning?

So will it work to season it only with the Hydra? It is an actve humidification unit if you don't know.

yourchoice
09-28-2010, 05:47 PM
I have a Montegue and use an Oasis with a couple of pounds of HCM beads throughout. I keep mine in my finished basement and find the RH is very stable in the summer, but as the winter temps roll in and the furnace runs more, I have to fill my Oasis every couple of weeks.

I would suggest doing a flashlight test once you have it set up. I found a 1/8 - 1/4 inch seam along the top of the unit which I sealed by jambing weather stripping into the crack. I also weather stripped around the door as light was passing through there as well. I used a weather stripping that compressed more for the doors as I needed to make sure the doors stayed shut. :)

I think a Hydra and a couple pounds of beads would do the trick. As for seasoning it with just the Hydra, I think you'd be better off leaving some sponges on plates in there as the SM Hydra may need a few fillings to season it properly.

Barteur
09-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I did exactly the same and I am very happy about it.
I have a Montegue and use an Oasis with a couple of pounds of HCM beads throughout. I keep mine in my finished basement and find the RH is very stable in the summer, but as the winter temps roll in and the furnace runs more, I have to fill my Oasis every couple of weeks.

I would suggest doing a flashlight test once you have it set up. I found a 1/8 - 1/4 inch seam along the top of the unit which I sealed by jambing weather stripping into the crack. I also weather stripped around the door as light was passing through there as well. I used a weather stripping that compressed more for the doors as I needed to make sure the doors stayed shut. :)

I think a Hydra and a couple pounds of beads would do the trick. As for seasoning it with just the Hydra, I think you'd be better off leaving some sponges on plates in there as the SM Hydra may need a few fillings to season it properly.

yourchoice
09-28-2010, 06:37 PM
I did exactly the same and I am very happy about it.

I actually did it after I read your post, Frenchie! :ss

Edit: At least I think it was yours....I remember a pictorial how-to! :hm

2nd Edit! Here's a link with Frenchie's pictures. :tu http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=699580&highlight=seal#post699580

Barteur
09-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Holy crap this must be the only valuable post I made here:D I totally forgot about it. Glad to see everything is working great-(P

I actually did it after I read your post, Frenchie! :ss

Edit: At least I think it was yours....I remember a pictorial how-to! :hm

2nd Edit! Here's a link with Frenchie's pictures. :tu http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=699580&highlight=seal#post699580

688sonarmen
09-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, looking foward to getting this set up:tu

Lautréamont
09-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Anybody have any feed back on "The Lauderdale" model.

I have a Lauderdale and am quite satisfied with it. It's cabinet portion is tetris pro-level full at 28 boxes of varying sizes + 4 X .5 lb tubes of heartfelt beads.

Ahbroody
09-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Awesome I think 28 30 boxes would likely be my max. I am presuming that is not using the drawer for storage correct?

Lautréamont
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
The drawer can't be locked from my charming wife's thoughtful gaze so it doesn't count.

688sonarmen
10-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Well its done! I placed my order thru Tampa Humidors for the Monteque and here is to hoping they accept my bid:D Also got the Sm Hydra with fan kit and 2 extra fans plus another 2Lbs of 65% beads from heartfelt to total 4 pounds with what I already have. This SHOULD be enough to keep my smokes they way I want them-(P

688sonarmen
10-09-2010, 07:50 AM
I got the Hydra in today and the 3 fans + fan kit. What it the best way to mount the fans for best airflow?

688sonarmen
10-14-2010, 01:29 PM
My montegue shows up any minute now. Still not sure how to mount the fans but I still have to season it:tu

688sonarmen
10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Well it showed up, and it's way bigger than I thought, my wife is going to have a cow:D Seasoning it right now and it's all ready at 62%, wonder how long it is going to take to get to 65%?

joeobx
10-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Congrats on the new box, I love mine. Mine was ready in 3-4 days.

forgop
10-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Well it showed up, and it's way bigger than I thought, my wife is going to have a cow:D Seasoning it right now and it's all ready at 62%, wonder how long it is going to take to get to 65%?

It may read at 62% now, but there's no way it's close to being seasoned. You probably need to give it a good week for the moisture to saturate through the wood. It's worth waiting a few extra days or you'll have a hell of a time maintaining your humidity when you fill it with cigars.

stewshi
11-10-2010, 11:36 PM

Any updated pics? I'm curious to see the fan setup in this.

Mr.Maduro
11-11-2010, 05:58 AM
They look so much better with the legs on them. When mine came I was so excited and forgot to put them on. Now its too damn heavy. I'll have to wait until I move to put them on now!

688sonarmen
11-11-2010, 07:03 AM
It took me about a week, problem is the humidity was to high. I had to dry my beads out a few times to soak up the humidity to get it to 65%. Not sure what they do down at tampa humidors but it seems like their warehouse is at a high Rh, which makes seasoning pretty quick.

It may read at 62% now, but there's no way it's close to being seasoned. You probably need to give it a good week for the moisture to saturate through the wood. It's worth waiting a few extra days or you'll have a hell of a time maintaining your humidity when you fill it with cigars.

joeobx
11-11-2010, 07:22 AM
It took me about a week, problem is the humidity was to high. I had to dry my beads out a few times to soak up the humidity to get it to 65%. Not sure what they do down at tampa humidors but it seems like their warehouse is at a high Rh, which makes seasoning pretty quick.

Think about it, it's tampa. I went down there a while back and was helping a friend do some stuff outside, it was about 90 and with the humidity in less than 10 min was soaking wet. more than likely they have them in a warehouse with no AC. Although I got the same one from Cheap Humidors and it was steady in about the same time.
PS. love mine

688sonarmen
11-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Yeah that makes sense. I'm very happy with mine as well.

688sonarmen
11-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Pics of my Montegue (with fans)

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0244.jpg (The Goddess looks over my sticks)

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0245-1.jpg
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0246.jpg
Fan middle shelf before securing splitter
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0247.jpg

688sonarmen
11-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Fan top shelf
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0249.jpg
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b422/jakestich/DSCN0250.jpg

I switched to pantyhose instead of tupperware to hold my beads. I think they are working better now. I tossed the legs in my shed I like the way it looks without them. I also sealed the doors and drawer with 2 layers of non-slip carpet tape. It is kind of spongy and works very well. For the A/C plug in the back I used 1/4" weather stripping and screwed it down tight but not so tight to split the wood. All and all I'm very happy with this product, it was very nice dealing with tampa humidor and delivery was easy.

stewshi
11-11-2010, 10:35 AM
jealous I see you got the Barclay 100th Tats already ..... what humidifying device are you using I didnt see it in the pics

im assuming its a oasis or such since you have the fans hooked up or do you just have the fans running from the power?

oh btw it looks a bit empty ;)

688sonarmen
11-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks man.I bought a Hydra but I'm not very happy with it. I unhooked it scooped out the green foam and currently thinking about what to do with it. I do want fans running but not 24/7 and I'm on the fence about putting beads in it or just leaving it empty.

waffle
11-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks man.I bought a Hydra but I'm not very happy with it. I unhooked it scooped out the green foam and currently thinking about what to do with it. I do want fans running but not 24/7 and I'm on the fence about putting beads in it or just leaving it empty.

I ditched the green foam in that bad boy and did this (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37054). Seems to rock it out pretty nice.

stewshi
11-11-2010, 11:52 PM

You should plug the cabinet into a timer you can get at wal mart or home depot and set it to go off every few hours just to circulate the air

Why were you unhappy about the Hydra?

688sonarmen
11-12-2010, 04:20 AM
You should plug the cabinet into a timer you can get at wal mart or home depot and set it to go off every few hours just to circulate the air

Why were you unhappy about the Hydra?

That's a good idea, I will try that. Unhappy with it because the hygrometer even though it's adjustable is about 5 rh high at it's lowest setting. Plus my rh is still around 68% with 4 lbs of beads. That's not because of the hydra but I have calibrated both of my seperate rectangle hygrometers and sealed my humidor. I put a bag of beads in a ziplok bag with a hygrometer and they are at 73%, is it possible that the wrong beads were sent? I'm not sure what is going on but I need to remove rh at this point so the hydra is doing me no good.

waffle
11-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Do you have the fans plugged into the right spot on the hydra... there are 2 plugs and 1 runs constantly and the other only runs when the fans on the hydra are running.

e-man67
11-12-2010, 07:03 AM
That's a good idea, I will try that. Unhappy with it because the hygrometer even though it's adjustable is about 5 rh high at it's lowest setting. Plus my rh is still around 68% with 4 lbs of beads. That's not because of the hydra but I have calibrated both of my seperate rectangle hygrometers and sealed my humidor. I put a bag of beads in a ziplok bag with a hygrometer and they are at 73%, is it possible that the wrong beads were sent? I'm not sure what is going on but I need to remove rh at this point so the hydra is doing me no good.

What is wrong with 68%?

joeobx
11-12-2010, 07:25 AM
I've got the same cabinet. I sealed the doors and drawer and I think I have 2 lbs of heartfelt beads in it (did the calculator and rounded up ) and if I wet 50-60 % of the beads it seems to hold at 65 -67 . I use a hygrometer from wally world that I've salt tested, I mark the corrected points on the front with a dry marker. Do you know for sure the beads you already had are 65% ? Try locking some of the new batch in a tupperware type container with your hygrometer over night and see what the reading is, do you still have the beads separate from the first ones you had, if so try 2 containers and compare. It could happen that they sent you the wrong beads.

688sonarmen
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Do you have the fans plugged into the right spot on the hydra... there are 2 plugs and 1 runs constantly and the other only runs when the fans on the hydra are running.

Yeah, they are in the right spot.

What is wrong with 68%?

I bought 65% beads to keep my cigars at 65%. I actually would like 63%, I find that cigars burn, smoke, and taste better at lower RH.

I've got the same cabinet. I sealed the doors and drawer and I think I have 2 lbs of heartfelt beads in it (did the calculator and rounded up ) and if I wet 50-60 % of the beads it seems to hold at 65 -67 . I use a hygrometer from wally world that I've salt tested, I mark the corrected points on the front with a dry marker. Do you know for sure the beads you already had are 65% ? Try locking some of the new batch in a tupperware type container with your hygrometer over night and see what the reading is, do you still have the beads separate from the first ones you had, if so try 2 containers and compare. It could happen that they sent you the wrong beads.

So I am testing my beads in a separate ziplock bag and after 24 hrs they are reading 71%. I dont have them separate but I know I bought 65%, the bag said 65% but they have behaved like 70%. I really don't want to think that I was sent the wrong beads but I have tried everything to disprove this. It really sucks cause I have yet to fully smoke several sticks I've been wanting to try since the wrappers need a lower RH, the Face that split on me made me realize this. I think I need to call heartfelt and see what can be done.

joeobx
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
How much of the beads are you wetting till there clear ?

688sonarmen
11-12-2010, 02:51 PM
How much of the beads are you wetting till there clear ?

About 60% or so. I have not added water to them since I got them about 3 weeks ago. You said what I have been thinking since about the 3rd day I had them, that I might have been sent the wrong ones.

joeobx
11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
It's a possibility, I'd give them a call and see what they have to say, but I know if wet a lot of the beads it will run up to about 68-69 so I only get about 50% wet then it will hang around 64-66

688sonarmen
11-12-2010, 03:24 PM
It's a possibility, I'd give them a call and see what they have to say, but I know if wet a lot of the beads it will run up to about 68-69 so I only get about 50% wet then it will hang around 64-66

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks man:tu

688sonarmen
12-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Update. Contacted Heartfelt beads and got in touch with David. He replaced my beads and sent 65% beads within a week. My humidor is now rock solid from 62%-65% exactly where I wanted it and my cigars are smoking like a dream. I think it goes to show that it is totally worth the extra $ for a good humidor and proper RH material.