PDA

View Full Version : cars and coffee talk

wrench turner 85
01-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Does anybody go to there local cars and coffee meeting. I go to Charlotte NC every first Sat of the month for theres. and for the weeks after I get the the shakes and sweats waiting for the next meeting. :r
So who goes?

Rabidsquirrel
01-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Say what? Does this happen all over the place, and what is it?

T.G
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Say what? Does this happen all over the place, and what is it?

:tpd:

wrench turner 85
01-06-2010, 08:11 PM
check out this web site to find your local event: http://online.carsandcoffee.info/

floydpink
01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
If Hickory is anywhere near Lizard Lick, you should look up Moo.

T.G
01-06-2010, 08:16 PM
check out this web site to find your local event: http://online.carsandcoffee.info/

Thanks, seems that Irvine and Vegas are the two closest ones. :(

wrench turner 85
01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
If Hickory is anywhere near Lizard Lick, you should look up Moo.

About 3hrs away from me

wrench turner 85
01-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks, seems that Irvine and Vegas are the two closest ones. :(
bummer :(

icehog3
01-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Closest one to me is in May 2010, 5 hours away.

Langod
01-07-2010, 05:19 AM
That site is useless. There are LOTS more C&C events that aren't listed here. I know of two Cars and Coffees that take place on a regular schedule within 20 miles of me. (during the warmer months, that is...)
Best way to find out is to inquire with some local car clubs.

For those that don't know -- Cars and Coffee is simply a un-official "Car Show" or Cruise-in that takes place in the morning instead of at night. A bunch people getting together to show off, admire and talk cars.
There's usually no competition or trophies, etc., but sometimes there are raffles.

mosesbotbol
01-07-2010, 05:20 AM
I use to go the New England Alfa Romeo Club events, but I did not think many people were friendly and was a hassle.

There's an auto museum about 5 miles from my house that has lawn events and I go to about half of them. It does not matter to me so much which marque is represented as I like just about all cars.

68TriShield
01-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Jimmie Cone on the first and third Saturdays during the summer.

chachee52
01-07-2010, 05:51 AM
I use to go the New England Alfa Romeo Club events, but I did not think many people were friendly and was a hassle.

There's an auto museum about 5 miles from my house that has lawn events and I go to about half of them. It does not matter to me so much which marque is represented as I like just about all cars.

You should hit the Haverhill one on Sunday mornings. Langod and I hit a bunch of cruises with these guys and I can say these are a bunch of great guys! Love to talk to everyone and check out new rides.
I know there are a bunch in and around MA for Coffee and Cars and just cruises. Me personally, Coffee and Cars = too early for me!!!!

mosesbotbol
01-07-2010, 09:53 AM
You should hit the Haverhill one on Sunday mornings. Langod and I hit a bunch of cruises with these guys and I can say these are a bunch of great guys! Love to talk to everyone and check out new rides.
I know there are a bunch in and around MA for Coffee and Cars and just cruises. Me personally, Coffee and Cars = too early for me!!!!

There's a good one at Herb Chambers Dealer in Weston (previously FMW). Herb had his McLaren F1 there. There's a 2011 Jag XJ launch party tonight at Lee Jaguar in Wellesley. I am thinking of stopping by for free food and drink :tu

Blindjimme
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Me personally, Coffee and Cars = too early for me!!!!

:tpd: Thursday evenings at Giovannis Pizza here in La Habra. A fairly big crowd of rods and customs gather for pizza, beers and conversation. It's a good time :tu

mosesbotbol
01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
A fairly big crowd of rods and customs gather for pizza, beers and conversation. It's a good time :tu

I'd rather go to rods and customs then look at parking lot of stock Porsches and Ferrari's. Each custom is "custom" and unique. Lots of fabrication and thought is appealing for me to see; especially when tastefully executed. :banger

wrench turner 85
01-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I'd rather go to rods and customs then look at parking lot of stock Porsches and Ferrari's. Each custom is "custom" and unique. Lots of fabrication and thought is appealing for me to see; especially when tastefully executed. :banger

true but I also like seeing cars I've dream about driving some times. Also its fun messing with people that drive porsches and ferraris that have no clue about the cars there driving. can anybody say "blinker fluid". :r:r

chachee52
01-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Thursday nights at Kimball's Icecream in Westford has a big show. They pull in pretty much every kind of car, but if you're showing the last couple of years you have to get there early.